Yummy Beipu Oriental Beauty

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 16th, '10, 17:49

Yummy Beipu Oriental Beauty

by Tea4Todd » Oct 16th, '10, 17:49

Been experimenting with my little Chao Zhou the past few days and trying different Oolongs in it. This is the Beipu Oriental Beauty from iShopo. I must admit, I am really pleased with the teas from iShopo and I will definitely be buying from them again when my samples run out. Here are a few shots I took while drinking.

Really nice flavor, excellent aroma. The aroma of this leaf when dry almost has a chocolatey aroma, when brewed the aroma becomes sweeter and more floral with a hint of citrus flower. Taste wise it's very smooth, a little tart, with fruity undertones. I really like this one a lot, it's slowly becoming one of my favorites. It's rather easy to brew too and I've not messed it up yet despite doing some experiments with it. I've brewed it in a gaiwan before as well, but I prefer the Chao Zhou for this tea.

Enjoy!

Oct 17th, '10, 03:18

Re: Yummy Beipu Oriental Beauty

by Alex » Oct 17th, '10, 03:18

Hey Todd. OB was the oolong I first fell in love with! Great pic 8)

Ishopi OB was fairly average, not bad though considering it was very cheap. I'd definitely recommend trying out different vendor rather then re-ordering from the same one. There are OB's out there which are a lot better and you may find it well worth it to pay a little more.

Check out teafromtaiwan.com They have loads of sample packs for you to try and will give you a little comparison between taiwan vendors.

http://www.teafromtaiwan.com/shop/tea-s ... 11eb80b3c4

Also try ordering teas from jingteashop. They have very good stuff.

If you like OB's I strongly recommend you start working your way though Wuyi's a lot of people end up obsessed with Wuyi....me included. In fact I'd say 80%+ of my total tea drinking is now wuyi

Get some decent stuff from here you wont be disappointed!
http://www.jingteashop.com/cat-jing-tea ... yi-tea.cfm

I thought I recognised that cup from a set I saw a month or 2 back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heng-Fu-Chinese-T ... 069wt_1139

Oct 17th, '10, 16:45

by Tea4Todd » Oct 17th, '10, 16:45

@ Zensuji

Yeah, I have just been pretty happy with the tea I received from iShopo. This was my first big tea order and it's the only website I've used so you're right I should probably branch out. Hou De, and a few other shops I've seen seem to have some really nice stuff, but what I like about iShopo is the really small sample sizes because it keeps price relatively low and also allows me to sample a wide variety of teas at once.

A few of the other shops that offer samples don't seem to have as flexible of sample sizes as some of the others.

I know that I have a lot of High Mountain rolled oolongs, green and light roast. I have some Nantou Milky Oolong and honestly as a go to Oolong this is one of my favorites, it really does taste like there is milk or cream in the tea and it has a really nutty flavor too reminiscent of chestnuts.

I love that little cup! I didn't realize it came in a set like that, mine was donated to me from a teachatter. :)

Oct 18th, '10, 03:04

by Alex » Oct 18th, '10, 03:04

Tea4Todd wrote:@ Zensuji

Yeah, I have just been pretty happy with the tea I received from iShopo. This was my first big tea order and it's the only website I've used so you're right I should probably branch out. Hou De, and a few other shops I've seen seem to have some really nice stuff, but what I like about iShopo is the really small sample sizes because it keeps price relatively low and also allows me to sample a wide variety of teas at once.

A few of the other shops that offer samples don't seem to have as flexible of sample sizes as some of the others.

I know that I have a lot of High Mountain rolled oolongs, green and light roast. I have some Nantou Milky Oolong and honestly as a go to Oolong this is one of my favorites, it really does taste like there is milk or cream in the tea and it has a really nutty flavor too reminiscent of chestnuts.

I love that little cup! I didn't realize it came in a set like that, mine was donated to me from a teachatter. :)
Good stuff! and hats off to the person that donated you that cup.

Oct 18th, '10, 15:59

by britt » Oct 18th, '10, 15:59

I think OB is awesome. Hou De's 2009 and Cloudwalker's 2010 left a very lasting impression on me. I tried porcelain and zhi sha, and actually preferred using the Yixing for this one.

+ Post Reply