Dragon Tea House Supreme Charcoal Baked TGY

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Postby tinols » Jul 4th, '14, 02:26

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has tried their Supreme Charcoal Baked TGY. Out of all the products they have available, I picked this one as my first item to order from them. It was technically free because I had some ebay bucks to spend it on, but yeah, anyone tried it out?

I just got an email confirmation that it has been shipped out. And now the wait starts.
tinols

Postby mcrdotcom » Jul 4th, '14, 03:33

I've never tried it but I'd be interested in hearing what it's like! :)
mcrdotcom

Re: Dragon Tea House Supreme Charcoal Baked TGY

Postby Balthazar » Jul 6th, '14, 13:43

I have tried it (went through a sample of 50 grams), and to be honest I found it very mediocre stuff. Alright for the first 2-3 brews, but quickly looses what little it had going after that. It's probably my least favorite of the 4-5 oolongs I've ordered from them.

Hope your experience is different. :wink:
Balthazar

Postby tinols » Jul 11th, '14, 12:47

It's ok, nothing special. There's really not that much taste going on. The roast seems very minimal, and I was expecting some smokiness. It was technically free, but oh well. I'll try to do more leaves next time and see if it makes any difference.
tinols

Postby mcrdotcom » Jul 16th, '14, 09:29

tinols wrote:It's ok, nothing special. There's really not that much taste going on. The roast seems very minimal, and I was expecting some smokiness. It was technically free, but oh well. I'll try to do more leaves next time and see if it makes any difference.

Personally I'd brew 1/5-1/4 a gaiwan, boiling water and push it a little to see what it has. Sounds mediocre anyways, so perhaps nothing to be done :P
mcrdotcom

Instant Messenger

Permissions