Dancong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Apr 17th, '15, 20:40

Re: Dancong

by BioHorn » Apr 17th, '15, 20:40

ryancha wrote:I too, after kyarazen's recommendation, ordered a full sample of Phoenix Hill's inventory. I am about half way through. I have enjoyed most of their teas. (Today's sample was Zhi Lan Xiang, which was only, to my taste, average.) My sense is that on the whole their DC are more roasted than Teahong's, and therefore less fragrant. I also think they are not as good on average as Teahabitat's, but then again, Teahabitat tends to be at least 50% more.

But I really don't know what I'm talking about! I've only been drinking DC seriously for perhaps a year.
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for chiming in. Your obesrvations are interesting. The Phoenix Hill was pretty good, and some of TeaHabitat's are stellar.

Since you mention the roast level, I am going to wait 1-2 years before sampling. Imen's tea were much better after giving them some time (but not too much!)
I have been enjoying Eugene's High Mountain Song Zhong (Tea Urchin). It is 2011 and drinking well with a nice complex balance. It does get a little rubbery later on.

+ Post Reply