Flash Brewing - 1st Timer

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Mar 2nd, '16, 06:48

Flash Brewing - 1st Timer

by Noonie » Mar 2nd, '16, 06:48

I quickly got "into" good tea, after being a coffee drinker, so I didn't do much western-style brewing. I also didn't really do gongfu brewing (I felt it was too expensive), so I would cover the bottom of my 125ml gaiwan with about 1/8-1/4 leaf and add about 100ml of water. And to this point (a few years) I was happy with the result. I get about 3-4 decent cups of tea, steeped for anywhere between 30-2:00 depending on the tea and which steeping it is (1-4).

The other day I opened some nice Dan Cong tea. I didn't have a lot of time to spend drinking tea, so I did it my usual way. Yesterday I was working from home and decided to try flash brewing. I read about brewing Dan Cong on Hojo's site, and then I decided to try it. While some of the brews were not as strong as the first my usual way, I easily went above 10 brews and the tea was still tasting good. It's a great method when you have (make!) the time, and feel like a lot of tea :mrgreen:

Mar 3rd, '16, 16:14

Re: Flash Brewing - 1st Timer

by BioHorn » Mar 3rd, '16, 16:14

Phoenix Dan Cong can be quite good with very short steeps! Nice to hear your story of experimenting with new ways of brewing. There are guidelines, but in the end ones own taste makes the decision!

Gong Fu seems expensive until you find how many brews one can extract!

+ Post Reply