Am I the only one?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Mar 3rd, '08, 23:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Mar 3rd, '08, 23:48

I agree that it's easier to find decent greens in that price range than oolongs, but there are indeed decent oolongs in that price range. However it's a bit easier to find the higher grade oolongs that cost more. Personally I'm more likely to buy stuff that's in excess of $100 per pound but, as others have noted, the higher grade teas (of any type, really) tend to yeild a lot more brews. If you were to price it by infusion rather than weight, the differences in price become smaller until you get into the really high grade teas. I've had Taiwan high-mountain teas that quite literally lasted me all day long with the cup in my hand pretty much the whole time.

Mar 4th, '08, 00:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Mar 4th, '08, 00:06

ABx wrote: I've had Taiwan high-mountain teas that quite literally lasted me all day long with the cup in my hand pretty much the whole time.
Holy smokes!

Mar 4th, '08, 01:46
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Mar 4th, '08, 01:46

silverneedles wrote:what is wrong with pu?
everyone should try pu
once you drink good pu
you will start to like pu
Blech. :x

Pu tastes like three day old laundry. (Not that I've tasted three day old laundry) At least, it does to me.

Mar 4th, '08, 08:40

by hop_goblin » Mar 4th, '08, 08:40

I finally found my "everyday" oolong. Of course I am a puerh drinker but generally drink oolong at the office. I found that DanCong is a great bev for the pickmeups. I have found it reletively cheap to buy from Dragon Tea Horse on Ebay. With its fruity nose and taste, it doesn't get really heavy on th palate and not to mention break the bank.

Mar 4th, '08, 19:49

by augie » Mar 4th, '08, 19:49

silverneedles wrote:what is wrong with pu?
everyone should try pu
once you drink good pu
you will start to like pu
That's like poetry, anymore where that came from?

Like anything else, expense is relative. If you like Oolong, drink it. It's a good value.

I have a relative that buys cheap beer and lots of it because it's on sale. Then she can't drink it, or worse, forces herself to drink it because it's going bad. Not a good value. Keep telling her to just buy a 6 pack of good beer. Leave the PBR and pork rinds on the shelf.

+ Post Reply