Oolong Box Pass

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Nov 27th, '09, 17:50

Re: Oolong Box Pass

by teaisme » Nov 27th, '09, 17:50

Ok hello I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, for both those that celebrate and those that don't. I don't feel the native americans have been done justice, but still a holiday to be thankful is always a good
one in my book. I may not be comfortably wealthy, but I truly have much to be thankful for in this day and age. Thanks for all I have, and thanks for all the beauty that is still abundant in this world, even though sometimes it seems more hidden then before. Thank you for the ability to wake up every morning and not worry about where I will rest my head at night or what I will have to eat the next day. Thank you for continued good health even though I have put my body through hell, especially in the past. I look back at where I was one year ago and thank you, how quickly things in life can change.. I look back and think of where I was 5-6 years ago and WOW thank you that I am still alive.
Thank you for tea and its daily reminder that we all need a connection to nature, without which I would feel my humanity lost.
Thank you for shuwin (sry if I mispelled name) and the timely arrival of my tea today!

Thank you thank you and thank you.

Here is what I plan to add to the box...

1oz Oriental Beauty O8 FLT
1/2-1oz oz Taiwan Wuyi 08 or 09 havent decided FLT
1oz taiwan tgy vendor unknown
1oz taiwan dong ding vendor unknown
1 oz unknown taiwan balled oolong (haven't opened package yet so don't know what it is, I will try it out in a day or so) vendor unknown

All the unknowns have been bought and shipped from taiwan.
The tgy unknown has grown on me quit a lot. The taste is very clean and precise. Nice tea to unwind to. Both the tgy and dong ding have a very short aftereffect/taste denoting perhaps lesser quality (infused wet leaf is also not superb upon examination) but they do not disappoint with flavour and aroma if the right quantity of leaf is used.

Box will be shipped in a week or so, I'm still waiting on some small mylar bags to arrive so the tea in bigger bags can be properly stored.

May everyone of you have a fantastic weekend.

Jan 26th, '10, 14:53

by teaisme » Jan 26th, '10, 14:53

ok hooksie hasn't replied to my msg in almost over 2 months. This is the second time a person has wanted the box then disappeared on me. Does anyone want the box? I am in the process of organizing my things and am getting tired of seeing it under my table doing nothing.

What should I do with it? Any Ideas? Would anyone like to start anew. If I could find at least one other person who is willing to throw in 4-5 good samples then I could get the ball rolling by sending you some new stuff and a small amount of what I find is still possibly drinkable from the old box.

It seems a waste to throw the whole box away, specially for the newer oolong drinkers in this forum who may not have tried different types of oolongs. I also have 3-4 unknowns that I am interested in receiving feedback on from the more seasoned tea drinkers of this forum.

Jan 26th, '10, 15:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 26th, '10, 15:57

I have mentioned more than once that I think there should be a contest for the remaining contents and let it end. I don't think there is enough interest to keep it going.

I will leave this open for a day or so if anyone else wants to be up next.

If not, by the end of the week I will announce the drawing.

Perhaps just a number between 1-100. I would mail in advance my chosen number to the Mod, just to keep things on the up and up.

Maybe even make a TeaDay announcement so more people see it.

How does that sound?

Jan 26th, '10, 16:42

by LauraW » Jan 26th, '10, 16:42

I'm interested, but don't keep it going just for me - also, what's the shipping cost looking like? My bank account is still rather sad after Christmas :cry:

If not enough folks to continue, maybe I can just toss in my hat for the drawing? I'm still fairly new to oolong, I found a couple I love, and instead of branching out, just keep getting those two over and over... :shock: so I haven't had a wide variety.

Jan 26th, '10, 17:37

by Victoria » Jan 26th, '10, 17:37

Well we'll see who else pops out of the lily pond.
:)

Jan 26th, '10, 20:11

by bsteele » Jan 26th, '10, 20:11

LauraW wrote:I'm interested, but don't keep it going just for me - also, what's the shipping cost looking like? My bank account is still rather sad after Christmas :cry:
Usually, everything fits into a medium (maybe large, not sure how much it's grown) USPS flat rate box ($10-$13?). But I'd be willing to bet regular priority mail rate for the box would be around $6-9.

Jan 27th, '10, 00:16

by LauraW » Jan 27th, '10, 00:16

bsteele wrote:Usually, everything fits into a medium (maybe large, not sure how much it's grown) USPS flat rate box ($10-$13?). But I'd be willing to bet regular priority mail rate for the box would be around $6-9.
Hm, I think my account can handle that. Especially to try some awesome tea! I just wanted to make sure before it got to me and I couldn't afford to ship it back out :shock:

Jan 27th, '10, 08:10

by Victoria » Jan 27th, '10, 08:10

I'm thinking we will just do the contest. Laura, I'll send you some oolongs to try, just PM me. The box may not be a very good representation at this point. :)

Jan 27th, '10, 09:04

by LauraW » Jan 27th, '10, 09:04

Victoria wrote:I'm thinking we will just do the contest. Laura, I'll send you some oolongs to try, just PM me. The box may not be a very good representation at this point. :)
Awesome! PMing you now :D

Jan 27th, '10, 17:06

Oolong Box Pass Contest

by Victoria » Jan 27th, '10, 17:06

Oolong Box Pass Contest

OK all good things must come to an end!!

And so ... upon consulting the Oolong Queen (me) it has been decided to
hold a contest for the final contents of the OOLONG PASS BOX. Currently being held by Churng, the last recipient.

Here are the contest rules:

Eligibility - To qualify, you must be a member with a join date prior to January 10, 2010 and at least 25 posts. Yes, I know, this is low, but the goal is to keep outsiders from joining just to enter the contest; not to exclude newbie members with a genuine interest in tea.

Also note: this contest is limited to USA members only, due to the cost of shipping and other customs restrictions.

To Enter - Just enter a post with a chosen number between 1 and 100. (The chosen number has already been sent to Chip for safekeeping and to make sure there is no favoritism.) If no one hits the number, the win will be appointed to the closest to the chosen number. In the event of a tie, there will be a new number chosen and selected until someone wins.

Contest Ends - Saturday at 3 PM PST

Ready ... Set ... Post!!

Jan 27th, '10, 17:35

by artmom » Jan 27th, '10, 17:35

Jan 27th, '10, 18:13

by bsteele » Jan 27th, '10, 18:13

Jan 27th, '10, 18:35

by leiche2 » Jan 27th, '10, 18:35

Jan 27th, '10, 20:41

by mbishop » Jan 27th, '10, 20:41

Jan 27th, '10, 20:44

by Ebtoulson » Jan 27th, '10, 20:44

have to say I'm not a huge fan of greener oolongs but I'll gladly give those away if I win :D

+ Post Reply