New Century Tea Gallery samples

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Sep 5th, '08, 00:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Sep 5th, '08, 00:13

I have to say I placed an order online and never got any response either - I ended up calling and they were very apologetic and helpful and sent it out right away. I guess they don't get many web orders or never check the site.

Their Iron Goddess King is superb.

I have samples from them ranging from 22g, 24g, 28g, depending on the tea.

I have been very pleased with their teas overall.

Sep 5th, '08, 02:27

by devites » Sep 5th, '08, 02:27

I thought that Teahouse Kuan Yin had excellent eatings, but the atmosphere was loud, and the teas seemed a little more expensive than they ought to be. I was hoping to go to the new Floating Leaves store soon. I am going to miss sitting on those cushions and gong fuing away. Uwajimaya in Seattle is just a fun place, its like a mini city with lots of tea and funny candy, I love reading the english labels. Remedy was too many hipster people who think there cool for drinking tea but last I checked orange peels, chamomile, and valerian roots do not grow on tea plants.

Tenuki have you been to the donut place at pike place market with the mini donuts run by the punk guys. It is unbelievable and the Pirohvsky place. Man I am drooling thinking about Pike Place.
Last edited by devites on Sep 6th, '08, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 5th, '08, 04:27

by tenuki » Sep 5th, '08, 04:27

devites wrote:Remedy was too many hipster people who think there cool for drinking tea but last I checked orange peels, chamomile, and valerian roots do not grow on tea plants.
You have to remember, this is Capital Hill, all the people there think they are way cool for whatever they happen to be doing. ;) You do have to dig around in the menu, but the good real tea is there, sort of like Adagio... ;P
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Sep 6th, '08, 02:03

by devites » Sep 6th, '08, 02:03

I just get mad when people say "I like tea" and I ask what kind and they say chamomile. :evil:

Sep 7th, '08, 23:48

by devites » Sep 7th, '08, 23:48

I went to Floating Leaves Tea yesterday and I have to say I love the new setup. Since you don't have to spend any many ordering tea to brew you get to spend way more on actual leaves. I talked to her for about an hour and a half about the process of getting her teas and all about her business. I tried the Karigane japanese green, her loose leaf puerh which yielded 20 infusions, and the phoenix oolong and I purchased her TKY, Dong Ding, and Baozhang farmers choice. I decided that I am going to go their for all my oolong purchases. Anyways if your in Seattle definitely go because she is extremely nice, the tea is not in the least bit overpriced, and her kid is adorable. He was drinking the oolongs with us.

Sep 7th, '08, 23:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Sep 7th, '08, 23:56

Her oolongs are indeed excellent.
:)

+ Post Reply