Wow! - Stunning New Dancong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Dec 31st, '08, 21:52

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 31st, '08, 21:52

ABx wrote:The term 'eggshell' is just used to denote a particular thinness, however it can be difficult to gauge how thin something is on a tiny little picture online unless it specifies.

Don't forget that you can always contact vendors, though. With zen8tea, she will actually give you 5% off if you order by email instead of through eBay - I assume because of eBay's fees, which can be a little steep. Of course you've already ordered from elsewhere, but just in case you ever want to order from her or others :)
Thats good to know. She was actually on my list of places to order from next, I want to try a variety of oolongs that she has so it should be a pretty substantial order of oolong. I'm hoping I'll place that order pretty soon as I'm running out of oolong after getting the idea for new years to store some away for ageing :lol:

I'll find myself very easily $300+ in the hole at the start of 2009 :?
I suppose I can't complain though, it's all tea related stuff to enlighten my soul :twisted:

Dec 31st, '08, 23:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Dec 31st, '08, 23:57

Hehe yes, I spend more on tea than I care to admit - $300 is pretty easy to blow. Luckily it goes a LOT farther with Melody (zen8tea) :)

Anyway tell her I sent you :D

Jan 14th, '09, 14:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Jan 14th, '09, 14:19

ABx wrote:That's the one from Hou De, right? I rather like it as well.

You should give it a try with less leaf in an eggshell gaiwan, as Imen prescribes, and let us know how it compares :) Here is what she told me by email:
Imen wrote:The key to brew good Dan Cong is thin vessel, be it clay pot or gaiwan, the thinner the better. I use either Chao Zhou pots or a gaiwan as thin as egg shell. Hot boiling water first and 2nd brews and lower temp for later brews. Try it with fewer leaves (2-3 g) in a small gaiwan. :)

Well my New Gaiwans have arrived - I have tried the Eggshell described Peony Gaiwan with Ba Xian from DTH with it because - the Huang Jing leaves look a bit long :D

I also loaded it a bit 6gm and the results so far . . . . . .
even with my Yixing Bias Hat on . . . .
I must say are VERY pleasant

I will post separately about the Gaiwans shortly - any way thanks for pushing me this way :lol:

+ Post Reply