Gaiwan Adventures continued

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jan 16th, '09, 18:41

by andy825 » Jan 16th, '09, 18:41

I think this is the same fuel boiler that is on the Treasure Green site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kamjove-Classic-Tea ... .m20.l1116
There's a much better look and more info at DTH.

Jan 16th, '09, 22:34
Vendor Member

Re: Gaiwan Adventures continued

by TIM » Jan 16th, '09, 22:34

Herb_Master wrote:
Herb_Master wrote:
Oh silly me! :lol:

The time ticked, I placed my fingers under the saucer and my thumb on top of the lid and OUCH

Hot water swimming in the saucer had raised the temperature of the saucer unbearably - by the time I had adjusted and got a towel and started pouring my 20 second infusion was 45 and the brew was as good as ruined, still drinkable but more astringency, caffeine, body and other elements than I would have wanted to enjoy it! :lol:

Lesson learned! :D

These are my tasting gaiwans. 60, 90, 130 ml. All are eggshell fine bone china.
If you pay attentions to the lid, the thinness and sharpness of the made. This will prevent burning, even if you fill it up with hot water. The less contact surface, the less heat to fingers. imo

Jan 19th, '09, 15:00

by Bubba_tea » Jan 19th, '09, 15:00

andy825 wrote:I think this is the same fuel boiler that is on the Treasure Green site:
No way! That is way too cool for school. Now, I just need to find a mini wok to do some beef chow fun... :lol: Has anyone used a burner like this? I wonder how much heat it puts out and how long it takes compared to electric to boil water? It would have been better if they put one of those oil lamp wick holders that had the little nob that you could turn to adjust the heat - then you could keep it at a particular temperature.
請进,請坐,請喝茶!!!

Jan 19th, '09, 17:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Jan 19th, '09, 17:17

Bubba_tea wrote:
andy825 wrote:I think this is the same fuel boiler that is on the Treasure Green site:

fun... Has anyone used a burner like this?
Yes, I would be ineterested to know if anyone has used one!

Though, It is not easy to get neat alcohol spirits in the UK. They give it colour and smell to make it unpalatable for down and outs to buy for consuming!
I don't want the highly odorous methylated spirits to brew my tea water.
Best wishes from Cheshire

Jan 19th, '09, 17:57

by Geekgirl » Jan 19th, '09, 17:57

TIM wrote: These are my tasting gaiwans. 60, 90, 130 ml. All are eggshell fine bone china.
If you pay attentions to the lid, the thinness and sharpness of the made. This will prevent burning, even if you fill it up with hot water. The less contact surface, the less heat to fingers. imo
Did you find all of these from the same place? I've been looking around for a couple of fine bone china white gaiwan, but without being able to actually hold the thing, it's hard to tell if it's any good, or if I will end up with another heavy "stoneware" porcelain like I already have.

Jan 19th, '09, 18:13
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 19th, '09, 18:13

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
TIM wrote: These are my tasting gaiwans. 60, 90, 130 ml. All are eggshell fine bone china.
Did you find all of these from the same place? I've been looking around for a couple of fine bone china white gaiwan, but without being able to actually hold the thing, it's hard to tell if it's any good, or if I will end up with another heavy "stoneware" porcelain like I already have.
Got these from the tea gallery. They are custom made by Michael brewing standards.
Very thin, and small for one person brewing.

Jan 19th, '09, 19:38

by Salsero » Jan 19th, '09, 19:38

TIM wrote: Image
Mmm, excuse me. I just wanted to see that magnificent photo in a post of mine!

P.S. Ordered one of each. They are wonderful.

+ Post Reply