Gong Fu revelation with TGY

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Mar 21st, '09, 11:25

Gong Fu revelation with TGY

by Oni » Mar 21st, '09, 11:25

Today I tried the experiment nr. 2 from the leaf magazine issue 3, that is heavy showers predicted, and it makes a huge diffrence, I picked a deep dish and put my yixing inthere, and I poured the water circulary around the rim, so that hot water can gather at the base of the pot, and I also poured some water over the lid.
I didn`t use pitcher, I poured directly from the pot, the tea was much more full bodied with a great gan, and parfumed, all in all the was better throughout all the infusions. PS i tried all those experiments, and the best way to prepare for me is sofar, a seasoned yixing, and a bowl and use shower on the lid, Kam from funalliance said the great truth about gong fu method> it is all about high heat brewing and mainainig high heat, the best way is to use a teaboatand shower on the lid, and preferably everything shoul be made out of clay.
Leves after the magic session, Dragon teahouse Tie Guan Yin Nonprail, truly great stuff (best sofar)
Eat the teapot.

Mar 22nd, '09, 12:00

by kyleroden » Mar 22nd, '09, 12:00

What temperature are you brewing at?

Mar 22nd, '09, 16:50

by Oni » Mar 22nd, '09, 16:50

To optimize my teawater, I separate the water and only put 400 ml water at first, and I have 500 ml waiting, and I boil it till fish eyes, with an induction boiler like mine you need to shut it off manually sooner beacause it boils to fast, so I can only aproximate the water temperature, I say in the boiler it is aroun 95, an when it hits the leaves from a hight, the tea is brewed at 85-90 C.
this is my current boiler till I get a purion kettle and a japanese tetsubin.

+ Post Reply