Thursday 3/14 And the count is?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Take a count!!! How many Teas do you currently have on hand? Do you dare tell us the true number?

1-5
25%
6-10
6%
11-15
13%
16-20
3%
21-25
13%
26-30
3%
31-35
9%
36-40
3%
41-50
9%
51-70
3%
71-100
3%
More than 100
9%

Total votes : 32

Re: Thursday 3/14 And the count is?

Postby Running for Tea » Mar 15th, '13, 10:10

Poohblah wrote:
Running for Tea wrote:Only 2 on hand. Any other time of year this would be considered "danger low", but this turns out to be roughly the exact amount I was planning. My goal this year is to be completely out of tea for Shincha 2013!! That way, my tea budget has a couple extra teabucks to spend :mrgreen:
Dude, 2013 shincha is still a couple months away... that qualifies as "danger low" to me. :mrgreen: (As if I'm not already well past that mark myself :oops: )

My current "2 tea number" is a bit deceiving for two reasons. First, I only drink Japanese greens, so I never have an abundance of tea around. Second, I'm participating in the OTTI and NOTTI (so currently two teas, but soon to be 2 more plus 4 samples). It's going to be close, but I think I'll be just where I'm hoping to end up.
Running for Tea

Postby victoria3 » Mar 15th, '13, 18:10

Interesting question. I've been prowling around for a new, everyday no fuss, Sencha so seem to have quite a few of those open right now.

23 Japanese; Sencha, Sincha, Aracha, Kuki
2 Matcha
3 Chinese Gunpowder, Dragonwell
2 Mate
11 bagged for guest in a hurry
A bunch of Chinese Medicinal
A bunch of loose Herbal Teas
victoria3

Postby Joel Byron » Mar 15th, '13, 20:06

I think it's funny no votes have been cast for 6-10 :lol: Everyone has less or a lot more!
Joel Byron

Postby minor_glitch » Mar 16th, '13, 09:35

Joel Byron wrote:I think it's funny no votes have been cast for 6-10 :lol: Everyone has less or a lot more!

Yeah, we're either obsessed or sane, no middle ground!
minor_glitch

Postby FlyedPiper » Mar 16th, '13, 13:28

I guess I should have counted the shengs I have tucked away... then I'd be in the next bracket.

I have a good amount of teas right now... more than I usually have laying around. Need some more sencha though :mrgreen: .
FlyedPiper

Postby watsonholmes » Mar 16th, '13, 19:19

Well I have 31-35 but like everyone else it's mostly samples (mostly black). I also counted some tea I have at work because technically it's mine and I own it...it's just not in my apartment currently :lol: .
watsonholmes

Postby yalokinh » Apr 16th, '13, 18:26

5, I don't have the funds to supply a store so I only drink what I can afford
yalokinh

Postby ethan » Apr 16th, '13, 21:06

I have > 30 but most weeks, taste only several. Weight-wise, I have a huge amount of my favorite tea (an unusual Thai oolong); a lot of black tea; .... & the least is pu erh, but that is the tea that I have many, many small sample amounts... because I am still looking for an affordable one to enjoy often.
ethan

Postby victoria3 » Apr 17th, '13, 02:16

ethan wrote:I have > 30 but most weeks, taste only several. Weight-wise, I have a huge amount of my favorite tea (an unusual Thai oolong); a lot of black tea; .... & the least is pu erh, but that is the tea that I have many, many small sample amounts... because I am still looking for an affordable one to enjoy often.

Likewise, like you I continue trying to find a tea that is my 'Steady Eddy', a nice everyday sencha that isn't too fussy.
victoria3

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions