Fri/Sat/Sun TeaDay 4/15-17/11 TeaTotaler on TeaTaxDay?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

A member asked, "are you a 'teatotaler' or do you drink alcohol?" Please see today's topic for more info. And of course, please share!

I do not drink alcohol
16%
I virtually do not drink alcohol
20%
I drink acohol on occasion
24%
I drink alcohol
38%
Other
2%

Total votes : 45

Re: Friday/Saturday TeaDay 4/15-16/11 TeaTotaler on TeaTaxDay?

Postby Geekgirl » Apr 17th, '11, 13:08

Chip wrote:
Geek, refresh my memory please, who make the cup? Thanks.

Cory! Isn't it gorgeous?
Geekgirl

Re: Fri/Sat/Sun TeaDay 4/15-17/11 TeaTotaler on TeaTaxDay?

Postby nickE » Apr 17th, '11, 15:53

I do drink alcohol on occasion. Beer or wine, usually.

Today I'm enjoying some Hongcha brewed grandpa style. These days I just don't have enough time for a full blown tea session. Being able to throw some leaves in a mug and drink from it for a few hours is invaluable to me.

I've been trying to piece together my 2011 tea orders; there's just too much! I know I want at least a few cakes of 2011 Puerh. I also want to try fresh Chinese greens this year, as well as some 2011 Gaoshan, probably from TeaMasters.
nickE

Postby fracol » Apr 17th, '11, 17:29

I had to put other, because im not old enought to drink alcohol. So I can't really make a fair vote if I say "I don't drink alcohol."
fracol

Re: Friday/Saturday TeaDay 4/15-16/11 TeaTotaler on TeaTaxDay?

Postby Chip » Apr 17th, '11, 17:32

Very nice Adam, thanks for coloring TD!!!

Geekgirl wrote:
Chip wrote:
Geek, refresh my memory please, who make the cup? Thanks.

Cory! Isn't it gorgeous?

Yes, of course, gorgeous still!!! And of course it is cory from his pseudo notched kuodai phase. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby tortoise » Apr 17th, '11, 18:00

I've been drinking a lot of shu and HF TGY this weekend, and since we are still on the subject of alcohol, I'm now looking forward to grilling this evening and then relaxing with a dram (or two) of Macallan Cask Strength and probably a Arturo Fuente Short Story.
tortoise

Postby Chip » Apr 17th, '11, 19:44

Limited TD today, but very good nevertheless. Began with Aoi asa from the O-C with the Mrs. Next up, YM from Umami-Chaya.

In way of alcohol, had Chicken Marsala with "wild mushrooms." :mrgreen: Hearty and delicious.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby IPT » Apr 17th, '11, 21:54

Chip wrote:had Chicken Marsala with "wild mushrooms." :mrgreen: Hearty and delicious.

Oh my god! That sounds sooooo good! All I had for breakfast was noodles and now I want Chicken Marsala! :cry: :( :cry:
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby iannon » Apr 17th, '11, 22:24

Chip wrote:Limited TD today, but very good nevertheless. Began with Aoi asa from the O-C with the Mrs. Next up, YM from Umami-Chaya.

In way of alcohol, had Chicken Marsala with "wild mushrooms." :mrgreen: Hearty and delicious.
Not to hijack..but how is the Aoi. I did order soem kirameki but wondered how this stacked up
iannon

Postby Chip » Apr 18th, '11, 01:20

IPT wrote:
Chip wrote:had Chicken Marsala with "wild mushrooms." :mrgreen: Hearty and delicious.

Oh my god! That sounds sooooo good! All I had for breakfast was noodles and now I want Chicken Marsala! :cry: :( :cry:

I guess no Marsala wine in China. Marsala adds a very distinct flavor to food, good stuff.

iannon wrote:
Chip wrote:Limited TD today, but very good nevertheless. Began with Aoi asa from the O-C with the Mrs. Next up, YM from Umami-Chaya.

Not to hijack..but how is the Aoi. I did order soem kirameki but wondered how this stacked up

I actually like the Aoi quite a bit, maybe more so than Kirameki. It is nicely vegetal, easy to brew, and can come off a bit like gyo.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions