Friday TeaDay 4/22/11 Inanimate passions besides TEA?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Is tea your number one inanimate passion? If yes, what is second, etc. If not, what is first. A chance to learn a little about each other!

Yes, absolutely
29%
Yes, I believe so
17%
Maybe
25%
No, I do not think so
13%
Absolutely not
17%

Total votes: 24

Apr 22nd, '11, 21:08
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Friday TeaDay 4/22/11 Inanimate passions besides TEA?

by Chip » Apr 22nd, '11, 21:08

It is also a passion to read a little bit about everyone outside of the TeaRealm! Thanks everyone for sharing!

In fact, it is so nice reading about members, we will extend this TD another day! So please feel free to continue to post about your inanimate passions and of course share what is in your cup throughout the day Saturday as well.

Of course, as always you can also discuss whatever, especiasllyon a saturday!

Apr 22nd, '11, 22:50

by Skippyandjif » Apr 22nd, '11, 22:50

Tea is not my number one inanimate passion. Drawing comics would be the first, followed by playing DDR, music, anime, and soccer.

Rose congou this afternoon; sencha with dinner; going to have some delicious chamomile tisane in a few minutes.

Apr 23rd, '11, 01:23

by debunix » Apr 23rd, '11, 01:23

Much as I love my tea, cooking (especially baking)

chocolate

and photography

rate higher.

Today I managed some fine Ya Shi dan cong oolong while photoshopping, and started with a lovely thermos full of Ti Guan Yin from Jing Tea Shop.

Apr 23rd, '11, 16:05

by Marco » Apr 23rd, '11, 16:05

Wonderful photos everyone. I see most tea folks admire beautiness and are in the one or other art.
I have really lot of passions - wouldn't give them a ranking but tea is among the leading ones.
I'm into the martial arts and every sport that needs a lot of body control. I like meditation, classic music, movies, fantasy books, humour, nature - especially the mountains at home. Have a passion for history and foreign cultures, good food and wine. Oh and I like all kind of strategy games and riddles :)

Nice teaday today. Had a decent sencha with my breakfast. The rest of the day was Sheng Puer day. 2009 Spring Jinggu Wenshan Village Big Tree, 2009 Banzhang Wild Arbor Loose, 2009 Yong De Da Xue Shan Yea Sang Chun (what a name - what does it mean?). All three are really nice and good to drink now.

ciao
Marco

Apr 23rd, '11, 17:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 23rd, '11, 17:02

Thanks for adding such tasty color to our TD debunix!

I could list a bunch more passions that rank very high ... FOOD, dark chocolate, nature, gardens ... especially japanese, and Asia in general. A lot more interests, but am listing passions ... a few more later perhaps.

Great TD today including a Yame sencha that arrived today from Xell ... and YM Diamond with the Mrs.

Apr 23rd, '11, 17:58

by JBaymore » Apr 23rd, '11, 17:58

Tea is an important part of my life for sure...... but it is not the "driving force" really.

Ceramics is a passion, vocation, avocation, and hobby for me. A dominant core part of my being. Working as a professional artist tends to take over you life. I was born to be a maker. Clay likely found me because of the family genetic history in the late 1800's :wink: .

One other serious pursuit includes the matrtial art of Iaido. (The drawing of the Japanese sword.) I am just a novice at it though. Like clay, it takes years to have any mastery of the form. And at the moment I am coming off a knee injury that has plagued me off and on for a year; so progress has been greatly slowed. Sitting seiza is a difficult proposition at the moment........ and many kata and honorifics are performed starting from that position.

And I love to ski (snow). Been skiing since I was a kid. That;s likely why the knee issues :roll: .

Another passionate pursuit is computer flight simulation. Serious simulation. No, really. Like obsessive/compulsive simulation :roll: :shock: 8) . Although I haven't had much time or money to devote to it lately (#1 pursuit is getting in the way of other things). I've been building a full scale air transport aircraft simulator for about 7 years. Yeah... I'm crazy :wink: .

best,

............john

Apr 23rd, '11, 20:32

by Crafty_Mom » Apr 23rd, '11, 20:32

I voted maybe. I guess tea isn't my number one, since I could probably go back to *gasp* coffee if I suddenly became tealess. I just don't want to.

Number one is probably sewing/crafting (see the username and avatar?) I've made clothes, toys, awesomely awesome aprons...

Close behind that would be baking. Not cooking, really. Baking. I make sandwich bread about once or twice a week, plus pizza dough, bread bowls, cookies, cakes, so on and so forth depending on what is going on. Today I made pita bread with the dh's extra hands to help with the in and out of the oven.

Apr 24th, '11, 01:04

by nickE » Apr 24th, '11, 01:04

No. Music & film are bigger passions for me. I think I spend the most money on tea, though.

2009 8582 today.

Apr 24th, '11, 01:48
Vendor Member

by Xell » Apr 24th, '11, 01:48

Interesting, seems people who have a passion for tea are quite open minded. Don't have an online gallery, i uploaded only few photos.
A bit more:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284 ... G_2240.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284 ... G_2247.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Xellz/ng1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Xellz/sm1.jpg
And this is one of my first photos in Tallinn where i was living :)
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Xellz/tln.jpg

There are a lot more things that i like to do or want to try. But for now have to keep away from them or i stop learning japanese completely, that's actually one of main reasons why i sold my photo gear, would be really hard to sit at home :) First things i will be getting after i can speak properly is camera and equipment for spearfishing (personal record for holding breath without moving is about 5min. 7sec.).

Apr 26th, '11, 11:53

by hopeofdawn » Apr 26th, '11, 11:53

I'm a bit late, but what the heck--my first love is still art, though tea is rapidly becoming a close second. I'm an illustrator, and have loved art for a very very long time--especially art that tells a story. :)

For the curious, here is one of my own pieces ...

And on Friday I believe I had 'oolong heaven' tie guan yin from Xiu Xian ...