Sunday/Monday TeaDay 5/1-2/11 Grrrrreatest tea for April?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What was your Grrrrrreatest tea for the month of April? Please be sure to share with us!

It was black
10%
Oolong
17%
Green
21%
White
2%
Pu-erh
2%
Other
5%
Bonus, it was Chinese
19%
Bonus, Indian
5%
Bonus, Japanese
12%
Bonus, Taiwanese
2%
Bonus, Other
5%

Total votes: 42

May 2nd, '11, 02:16
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Sunday TeaDay 5/1/11 Grrrrreatest tea for April?

by Chip » May 2nd, '11, 02:16

Today (Monday) may be a very challenging day on a personal level.

This despite the USA national cause for jubilation.

However nothing would please me more than to see and share what everyone has in their cup on this TeaDay.

Also for this reason, Sunday's TeaDay will continue into today.

Please continue to discuss the topic, share what is in your cup, and discuss pretty much whatever in our cyber TeaRoom.

Bottoms up!

May 2nd, '11, 03:34

by solitude » May 2nd, '11, 03:34

DHP from IPT, now I know why is this tea called also the treasure of China

May 2nd, '11, 06:50

by artmom » May 2nd, '11, 06:50

TA DA! It's not a black for the first time ever!!! IPT's Premium TieGuanYin, a wonderful oolong.

I've been very ill this weekend; hope to feel better soon. I can't taste any of my Teas! :shock:

May 2nd, '11, 09:00

Re: Sunday/Monday TeaDay 5/1-2/11 Grrrrreatest tea for April?

by Drax » May 2nd, '11, 09:00

Hope everything is okay for you, Chip!

I do admit a bit of a lighter step today....!

No tea this morning, but looking forward to some gyokuro this afternoon. Also placed my shincha order over the weekend, so hopefully will get to see that in a week or two.... :D

May 2nd, '11, 10:12

by Nenugal » May 2nd, '11, 10:12

Drax wrote:Hope everything is okay for you, Chip!
+1!

Enjoying a cup of Yamashita-Jirushi Gyokuro while waiting for Shincha. A bag of Kinari from Maiko is already shipped and on the way :mrgreen:

May 2nd, '11, 10:50

by debunix » May 2nd, '11, 10:50

No greatest tea this month, but a lot of great tea was drunk. So much good stuff that none had a chance to shine out quite so far above the rest....

Yesterday was a quiet TeaDay, with a non-tea-drinking houseguest. I had some Silver needles from Jing Tea Shop to start the day--easier to manage with a guest than timing sencha--and then in the evening had some Tsou ma fei Alishan oolong spring 2010 from Norbu, several times interrupted but nevertheless a very nice session indeed.

Starting to day with Den's Shin-ryoku sencha, and next preparing a bulk brewing of something puerh for the day....decisions, decisions....and it has to be one of the good choices for bulk work....hmmm....2008 Yi Wu Bamboo puerh from Norbu.

May 2nd, '11, 12:28

by tortoise » May 2nd, '11, 12:28

I'm having an aged lao cong shui xian, and this stuff viscous.

Old trees, post-production aging, good tea. In this case anyway.

May 2nd, '11, 17:07

by teaisme » May 2nd, '11, 17:07

picked other since I don't really know

Past 2 days...
Some sun moon lake #8 assam mixed with some yunnan gold houde 4:2, then tried mixing some #18 same ratio, then went all yunnan, then all #18, some roasted dong ding, long jing, mixed some heavier fermented lishan with some very light roasted dong ding, houjicha from yuuki,

All the mixes so so

btw celebrate the death of another human being? Seems like there is something wrong in that, no matter the person, no matter their deeds. There was a piece of him in you, and so often people are simply a mirror of their upbringing. Would we have been good friends under different circumstances? I feel a little sad just thinking about it...

May 2nd, '11, 18:37

by Chip » May 2nd, '11, 18:37

churng wrote:btw celebrate the death of another human being? Seems like there is something wrong in that, no matter the person, no matter their deeds. There was a piece of him in you, and so often people are simply a mirror of their upbringing. Would we have been good friends under different circumstances? I feel a little sad just thinking about it...
In my effort to not be political and say as little as possible, I said too little, and perhaps too much. :idea: I have likely never made a political statement on the forum, and was instrumental in the placement of the "no politics rule" for TeaChat as political discussions on an internet forum often turn ... unfriendly and we are a generally friendly group of TeaFriends.

I will break my own rule. I do not expect agreement on the following statement, but on this day in history, that I feel it is as significant an event as 9/11 itself.

I have no doubt in my mind that the UBL was planning future attacks on innocent American civilians on a scale we often dare not even mention for fear of being correct. He never scaled back, but always looked for bigger and more horrendous ways to attack innocents. Make no mistake, he was not done.

For this reason, and for justice for previous 1000's of victims of his masterminding, I am relieved and even jubilant. I do not celebrate the death nor killing of any man, although I will not fault anyone who would in this case.

May 2nd, '11, 18:41

by Chip » May 2nd, '11, 18:41

Great TD begiining with Yame Kurogi from Umami-Chaya with the Mrs. Next up, an interesting blend of dribs and drabs including Yutaka Midori Diamond from Umami-Chaya, Guricha and Yame fukamushi from Xell ... came out quite tasty.

May 2nd, '11, 19:04

by Drax » May 2nd, '11, 19:04

Chip wrote:For this reason, and for justice for previous 1000's of victims of his masterminding, I am relieved and even jubilant. I do not celebrate the death nor killing of any man...
+1

I enjoyed a nice cup of gyokuro (the type eludes me at the moment) at work today with a co-worker. I think I finally brewed it correctly.... I have a large (for me) kyuusu at work, but no scale, so it has been a bit of a challenge to get the amount of tea correctly. It is a little old, but still has a good flavor... but definitely trying to use it up in view of the shincha soon coming!

Currently at home enjoying a pu'erh from 2003. About to switch to a different pu'erh, identity yet to be identified.

May 2nd, '11, 19:46

by Crafty_Mom » May 2nd, '11, 19:46

Chip wrote: For this reason, and for justice for previous 1000's of victims of his masterminding, I am relieved and even jubilant. I do not celebrate the death nor killing of any man, although I will not fault anyone who would in this case.
Well said.

Earlier today was my typical English Breakfast. I plan on making tea this evening, I just have no idea what I'll be making yet. I think I may have some assam that I haven't had in a while hanging around.

May 2nd, '11, 19:59

by entropyembrace » May 2nd, '11, 19:59

This is far from as uncontroversial as you seem to think. Better to stick with the no politics policy.
Chip wrote:
churng wrote:btw celebrate the death of another human being? Seems like there is something wrong in that, no matter the person, no matter their deeds. There was a piece of him in you, and so often people are simply a mirror of their upbringing. Would we have been good friends under different circumstances? I feel a little sad just thinking about it...
In my effort to not be political and say as little as possible, I said too little, and perhaps too much. :idea: I have likely never made a political statement on the forum, and was instrumental in the placement of the "no politics rule" for TeaChat as political discussions on an internet forum often turn ... unfriendly and we are a generally friendly group of TeaFriends.

I will break my own rule. I do not expect agreement on the following statement, but on this day in history, that I feel it is as significant an event as 9/11 itself.

I have no doubt in my mind that the UBL was planning future attacks on innocent American civilians on a scale we often dare not even mention for fear of being correct. He never scaled back, but always looked for bigger and more horrendous ways to attack innocents. Make no mistake, he was not done.

For this reason, and for justice for previous 1000's of victims of his masterminding, I am relieved and even jubilant. I do not celebrate the death nor killing of any man, although I will not fault anyone who would in this case.

May 2nd, '11, 20:28

by AdamMY » May 2nd, '11, 20:28

I think a Mark Twain quote says it best:

"I've never wished someone dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure"

While I never really want someone else dead, there are times when you are somewhat relieved to hear someone has passed. I would also like to take the time to point out there are many countries or groups of people that would gladly celebrate the death of an American or English leader. I am not saying I am celebrating the death of Osama, I am just saying if someone declares war on your country and your set of ideals, wouldn't you just be a little glad he is no more?

May 2nd, '11, 20:42

by Drax » May 2nd, '11, 20:42

I went with an "old tree" pu'erh from the Wuliang mountain area. 2009.

That was a good year...