Tuesday TeaDay 5/3/11 Tears of TeaJoy?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Churng was wondering, upon tasting, did a tea ever make you "cry?" Or maybe laugh, smile, uncontrollable grin, sad, happy, etc? Please share, great topic! 8 votes

Yes, cry
4%
Laugh
5%
Smile
20%
Sit down
9%
Say "WHOA"
28%
Sad
7%
Happy
21%
Other
7%

Total votes: 76

May 3rd, '11, 22:29

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 5/3/11 Tears of TeaJoy?

by Skippyandjif » May 3rd, '11, 22:29

I've smiled, been made happy, said "WHOA", and been made sad. The first three were positive reactions from matcha, gyokuro, pu-erh, and the like. The "WHOA" usually happens the first time I have the tea.

I've been made sad when I drink tea for the first time and end up not liking it. Examples include Darjeeling and Oolong. I wish I liked those, so many other people seem to!

Pu-erh all day today; brewing up water for some rose sencha right now.

May 5th, '11, 11:48

by Elovitz » May 5th, '11, 11:48

I've smiled, said "WHOA", got sad, manically giggled and shuddered from tea.

Really excellent koicha matcha tends to elicit the strongest emotions. Especially after a long dry spell, it sends shivers, and makes me way too happy/giggly. Can't get enough of it!

May 5th, '11, 12:06

by manekineko » May 5th, '11, 12:06

My tea friend and I are helping each other to get started, so obviously, weekly tea parties are helping us to get introduced to different teas. Last Thursday we sampled our first taste of Alishan. Everyone drinking the tea (my fiance, my friend, and I) all yelled "WHOA" when we caught the fragrance. This is what real tea smells like! I think we were sold after that.

May 5th, '11, 23:26

by debunix » May 5th, '11, 23:26

I voted for every response, elicited by at least once by some tea at some time. The tears were not every for a tea, but for someone I used to share my tea with.

Tonight, enjoying some Hankook Hwang Cha, just smiling peacefully and contentedly.