Monday TeaDay 5/23/11 TeaDrifters?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Churng recently posted, "Some things [teas] I have waned away from though ... So, are there teas that were faves or near faves that you have drifted away from? Please share of course.

Yes, it was black(s)
37%
Oolong(s)
11%
Green(s)
5%
White(s)
16%
Yellow(s)
5%
Pu-erh(s)
11%
Other, please share
16%

Total votes: 19

May 23rd, '11, 21:35

Re: Monday TeaDay 5/23/11 TeaDrifters?

by AdamMY » May 23rd, '11, 21:35

Chip wrote:Thanks for coloring our TeaDay, Adam! Is the staining still only from Japanese greens?
Chip Most of my Japanese teaware sees nothing but Japanese Teas, most of which are Japanese green, though a few occasionally see Genmai or Houji cha.

So the answer is yes, this has seen only Japanese Greens.

May 23rd, '11, 22:26

by Skippyandjif » May 23rd, '11, 22:26

There are several teas that I drifted away from. Magnolia-scented pu erh is one; it's just too heavy of an aroma. I like perfumey teas but this was WAY too much. Also, I don't drink Earl Grey and Lady Grey teas as much as I used to, like a decade ago... Discovered pu-erhs and greens, which I like more. Finally, yerba mate. Used to love the stuff, but I developed some weird reaction to it where now, if I drink it, I get really ill. Like nauseated and stuff. :( Not sure what's going on there.

Yunnan black tea this morning, tons of iced green tea this afternoon. Currently steeping a rosemary tisane.

May 23rd, '11, 22:46

by entropyembrace » May 23rd, '11, 22:46

apple trees are in full bloom today :mrgreen:

May 23rd, '11, 23:29

by debunix » May 23rd, '11, 23:29

Had a lovely session this evening with some Xue Dian Mei Lan - Yunnan green tea from Norbu. I tried it hotter than I'd previously brewed it, to bring out the floral and fruity notes, and it responded well, without any bitterness evident during 170 degree initial infusions, or at 185 degrees after the cooler start. Marvelous stuff, and not something I expect to 'drift away' from.

Around here the fruit season is more advanced--a few weeks ago I shot this fuzzy fruit, well on its way to being a peach or an almond or something like that....

Fuzzy by debunix, on Flickr