TeaWeekend TeaRoom 6/4/11 At the movies ...

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TeaRoom poll and discussion topic. Is there a movie or movies that you tend to keep going back to and watching over and over again? Please share of course the movie/movies and reasons why. See topic.

Yes, many actually
13%
Yes, several
63%
Yes, at least one
6%
Maybe
No votes
Not really
13%
Definitely not
6%
Don't really like movies
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 16

Jun 5th, '11, 02:42
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: TeaWeekend TeaRoom 6/4/11 At the movies ...

by Chip » Jun 5th, '11, 02:42

The TeaWeekend continues into Sunday. Please continue to discuss this topic ... share what is in your cup throught the day ... or talk about whatever since this is our TeaRoom.

See you in the TeaRoom!

Jun 5th, '11, 04:36

by Nenugal » Jun 5th, '11, 04:36

Tea of the day: Tsuen Aoi.
Films I can watch over and over again:
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki, particularly Mononoke Hime and My Neighbour Totoro.
Anything by Monty Python
A Chinese Ghost Story
The Evil Dead trilogy

Now watching Shanghai Noon for the first time.

Jun 5th, '11, 10:27

by jaderabbit » Jun 5th, '11, 10:27

I'm also a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work, I've probably watched Mononoke Hime at least 3 or 4 times.

Otherwise, the only film I'm watched more than once in recent memory was
Dream directed by Kim Ki-duk.

But that's pretty much it off the top of my head.

I'm going to have some Saemidori after I finish some homemade black bean and black sesame milk. :p

Jun 5th, '11, 10:39

by tortoise » Jun 5th, '11, 10:39

Good topic.

There are a few that stay in comfort/re-watch status for many years, and some that occupy that status more or less temporarily.

Permanent re-watchers:

Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension
Fellini's 8 and a Half
Kurosawa's Throne of Blood
Jarmusch's Dead Man

I tend to re-watch comedy shows more than anything though. Flight of the Conchords, Arrested Development, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, The Black Adder (And I am he!), you know...

Digging this sencha hosen today.

Jun 5th, '11, 14:13

by JRS22 » Jun 5th, '11, 14:13

Now that just about every movie ever made is available on Netflix I can tailor my movie viewing at home. So what have I purchased to be absolutely certain that they're always available? All the Harry Potter movies and the long BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, which I've watched any number of times. I actually also own the Lord of the Rings Trilogy - theoretically purchased for my son - which I should try watching on my own, given the glowing reviews here.

And then of course there's Chariots of Fire, possibly for it's encouraging message, and possibly just for the soundtrack.

In my cup this morning, more rounds of 2005 Gan En Lao Banzhang Puerh Tea from EOT.

Jun 5th, '11, 19:49

by Proinsias » Jun 5th, '11, 19:49

Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits is my most watched movie of all time, most of those viewings were 20+ years ago but I still delight in watching it.

Nearing the end of the 2010 greens with the last few brews of supernatural green.
Attachments
CIMG0190.JPG
CIMG0190.JPG (45.92 KiB) Viewed 742 times

Jun 5th, '11, 21:23

by Drax » Jun 5th, '11, 21:23

Proinsias wrote:Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits is my most watched movie of all time, most of those viewings were 20+ years ago but I still delight in watching it.
Ahh, Time Bandits...! It has also been 20+ years for me... but since I last saw it. I still remember it remarkably well... especially that creepy ending/showdown...

Sadly, no tea for me today, other than a few more infusion of EoT's 2011 Mansai... I had a guest all day, and no tea to be had...

Jun 6th, '11, 01:36

by entropyembrace » Jun 6th, '11, 01:36

When I was a lot younger I used to watch the same few movies over and over and over again...the BBC Chronicles of Narnia and The Neverending Story were a couple of them. :) Now I have a much broader view of movies....I´ve been watching more art cinema and have been making use of subtitles to watch foreign movies....I have a huge list of movies that I want to see....so considering that I don´t go back and watch the same movies again very often anymore....there´s just too many to see!

I think this can be related to tea....I used to drink earl grey and english breakfast all day, every day and never got tired of it but I didn´t really know what I was missing. Now that I´m aware of just how many teas are out there to try I´m only rarely finding myself ordering the same tea twice.