Monday TeaDay 6/6/11 Book 'im ...

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

I am still in a TeaRoom mood, and off the tea topic for another day. Today, is there a book(s) that you tend to keep going back to and reading again? Please share of course the book(s)

Yes, many actually
37%
Yes, several
21%
Yes, at least one
21%
Maybe
No votes
Not really
16%
Definitely not
5%
Don't really like movies
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 19

Jun 6th, '11, 22:54

Re: Monday TeaDay 6/6/11 Book 'im ...

by Skippyandjif » Jun 6th, '11, 22:54

Many books, actually! I love to read. SO MUCH. :D

-Anything by J.R.R. Tolkien. I love his writing style and the world he created. Middle Earth is so fascinating and complex that every time I reread his works, I learn something new about it.

-Anything by Murakami Haruki. He's one of my favorite authors, and his books are very relatable while also being completely surreal. They're interesting and crazy and just AWESOME. So I read them over and over. :mrgreen:

-The "Animorphs" and "Remnants" series by K.A. Applegate. Yep, even though they're kids' books and I probably grew out of them ten years ago, if not more. The plots are still really good, and "Remnants" can definitely hold its own with some of the adult-level science-fiction I've read. (Also, both series are very nostalgic for me because they turned me into the sci-fi nerd I am today.)

-Although it's not technically "literature", "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" by Araki Hirohiko. This is a manga, which is basically Japanese comics. The series started in the 1980s and is still running. The art is gorgeous, the plot is amazing, and the characters are incredibly well developed.

And now for tea: I had Yunnan black tea this morning, tons of iced green tea this afternoon, and now I'm boiling water for a Pau d'Arco tisane.

Jun 7th, '11, 00:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 7th, '11, 00:49

For the last several decades, it has been the LotR trilogy and even the Hobbit. I go back and read them every several years or so. Otherwise, I read once.

Great TeaDay beginning with YM LE with the Mrs. Next up Yama no Ocha organic, and finishing up with some randon karigane of unknown origin.

Jun 7th, '11, 02:02

by entropyembrace » Jun 7th, '11, 02:02

Too many books to read to spend time reading the same ones again....besides I don´t want to know what´s on the next page. :shock: