Tuesday TeaDay 6/7/11 RepeaTea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Speaking of repeating. Is there one specific tea that you repeat as in repurchase most often. If yes, details please.

Yes, absolutely
67%
Yes, I believe so
14%
Maybe
5%
No, I do not think so
14%
No, definitely not
No votes
Other, please share
No votes

Total votes: 21

Jun 8th, '11, 15:37

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 6/7/11 RepeaTea?

by JRS22 » Jun 8th, '11, 15:37

I'd say Tai Ping Hou Kui is the specific tea that I've taken to reordering regularly. The first 2011 batch I received from Jing Tea Shop this year was excellent.

Today I repeated tea in a different way. I don't usually have the same tea twice in one day, but I discovered an unopened bag of O-Cha Asa-giri in my cabinet. Now I'm testing different ways of brewing it. I made some this morning in my shiboridashi, since the O-Cha website recommends treating it like gyokuro. Then this afternoon I brewed it in my small kyusu, at the same temperature, and it was even better. Next up, since during a heat emergency something brewed at 150 degrees is better than a tea brewed with boiling water (e.g. puerh), I'm going to load up the kyusu with more tea and ramp up the intensity.

Jun 8th, '11, 18:46
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 6/7/11 RepeaTea?

by jaderabbit » Jun 8th, '11, 18:46

I used to be in love with DongDing oolong for a really long time. But I think that love is waning. Personally, I don't like to hoard too much tea all at once although I like to have a variety of options at hand. Still trying to figure out how much is enough. :p In the future, I definitely plan to revisit longjing and yinzhen. :mrgreen: