Wed/Thur TeaDay 7/20-21/11 How the West was won?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

So, what are your thoughts on the tea that seemingly started it all in the western world. Many of us started with black tea. So, share with everyone where you stand on black tea today!

I love black tea, it is clearly my fav and I have it several times a day
6%
I start virtually every day with a black tea, so I guess I love it
3%
I really like black tea having it most days
13%
I like black tea, having it more days than not
23%
I used to really like black tea, but I seem to have moved on to other teas
42%
I tried black tea but do not care for it
6%
No, believe it or not, I have not had black tea, I guess I should try it
6%
Nope...and not in a rush to try it either
No votes

Total votes: 31

Jul 21st, '11, 09:16

Re: Wed/Thur TeaDay 7/20-21/11 How the West was won?

by cindyt » Jul 21st, '11, 09:16

In my cup this morning - a fantastic Taiwanese black from Hualien, cold brewed. The rough English translation for it is "Honey black tea".

Along with Taiwanese oolong, Taiwanese black is my love too.

Jul 21st, '11, 11:11

by alim90 » Jul 21st, '11, 11:11

Definitely my favorite. I start every morning with it and usually return for a second cup in the afternoon. I love the taste and benefit from the caffeine. It's rare for me to drink it at night....I usually stick to other teas in the evening, perhaps an oolong or herbal tea to settle my stomach and relax after dinner.

Jul 21st, '11, 12:29

by bob » Jul 21st, '11, 12:29

I also used to drink black tea every morning and afternoon, usually with milk and sugar. Mostly Ceylon, Darjeeling and Assam teas, with occasional masala chai. It just goes so well together with breakfast!

Then I discovered oolongs and was very intrigued by the taste. Several years later, I still like black tea and still drink it almost every week, but I mostly drink oolongs (when I'm not experimenting with something new).

My favourite blacks are Darjeelings, with some teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) close in the second place.
In my cup this morning - a fantastic Taiwanese black from Hualien, cold brewed. The rough English translation for it is "Honey black tea".
A few months ago I received a sample of a similarly named tea, "Sky Crane Honey black" from Taiwan. It was fantastic, it felt like a mix between Darjeeling and Oriental beauty. I must get some of that for the winter...

I had a bit of old masala chai in the morning (I need the tin!), followed by an Anji Bai Cha sample I received today (quite nice). I think I'll try the shu pu-erh after lunch...

Jul 21st, '11, 13:05

by artmom » Jul 21st, '11, 13:05

My tea this morning was Premium TGY from IPT. Very good.

It is hot, hot, hot here!!!! :shock: I'm really over this weather. It's even hot in the mountains!!!

Lyn

Jul 21st, '11, 14:39

by teaisme » Jul 21st, '11, 14:39

having some ruby red after a very salty meal
plans were for shincha but after that saltiness a red is what I decided upon

hard to pick a favourite red. I like keemuns, yunnan golden bud style teas, darjeelings, different styles of taiwanese blacks and occasionally a lapsang

Jul 21st, '11, 16:09

by cindyt » Jul 21st, '11, 16:09

bob wrote: A few months ago I received a sample of a similarly named tea, "Sky Crane Honey black" from Taiwan. It was fantastic, it felt like a mix between Darjeeling and Oriental beauty. I must get some of that for the winter...
Yes I believe it is the same tea. I think it is grown/processed similarly to oriental beauty, hence, the similarity in taste. I found from google that aurateas carries it and here is the description:
http://www.aurateas.com/Black_tea-Formo ... etail.aspx

Jul 21st, '11, 22:50

by SnowLily » Jul 21st, '11, 22:50

I like many teas, but I seem to always gravitate towards floral teas like chrysanthemum, jasmine, etc. It just gives me such a nice relaxed and happy feeling.

-SnowLily

Jul 21st, '11, 22:52

by TeaINfuse » Jul 21st, '11, 22:52

Most morning I like a black tea and again in the after noon.. But this is also because I'm a newbie to daily tea.. I like a lot of the oolongs and later in the evening I like Rooibos or Gunpowder green
I like Earl Grey, Cream Earl Grey, Monk's Blend, and Czar Nicholas in the morning and after lunch.. again a newbie

Jul 22nd, '11, 12:06

by hopeofdawn » Jul 22nd, '11, 12:06

I drink black tea occasionally, but I'm *very* picky about what I drink--most of the black tea out there is just too bitter/astringent for me. That said, I do love a good cup of Golden Monkey when it's cold and nasty out ...

Jul 22nd, '11, 16:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 22nd, '11, 16:39

Darjeelling, Nepal, Ceylon, etc. blended would be oustanding iced yesterday (Thursday) and today. Sizzling across much of the USA.

After an inpiring Tour de France Alps stage on Thursday, I was inspired to ride in 100* F heat (38* C). All I will say is that I survived.

But had good tea, last of the OTTI Yame from Xell with the Mrs. and first try of the next gen Miyabi from O-C.