Fri/Sat TeaDay 10/28-29/11 TeaSlobbery?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TeaSlobbery? This would be about either how messy/neat you are during the tea-making process. TeaSlobbery and TeaKlutzery? Are you a slob, a klutz, or quite the opposite? Please share

I am definitely a TeaSlob
10%
I am definitely a TeaKlutz
17%
I am definitely a TeaSlob and TeaKlutz
17%
Hmmm, I don't think so
41%
I am NOT a TeaSlob or TeaKlutz
10%
Other
3%

Total votes: 29

Oct 29th, '11, 12:07

Re: Fri/Sat TeaDay 10/28-29/11 TeaSlobbery?

by debunix » Oct 29th, '11, 12:07

Haven't broken anything today, but there was a little bit of spillage, limited to the tea tray, so no major tea slobbery as I prepared some Warashina sencha from O-Cha.

I still don't buy any teaware so expensive that I'd really be distressed if it broke, due to my own inherent klutziness and also the firm belief that it is very important to the health and safety of my cat. But that doesn't take into account that even some very reasonably priced pieces (like those from our own teaware artisans and TC SOs) can gradually accumulate such a store of pleasant memories through use that they become as precious as if they cost far more.....

My own klutziness with teaware has broken down my longstanding dislike of plastic sink liners (Q-why would I want to put something in there that is just another thing to keep clean? A-I am tired of breaking delicate teawares in the sink!); and caused rearrangement and proliferation of throw-rugs in the tiled kitchen; and confirmed that there will be NO TILE counters or floors in my house when I finally get one of my own.

Oct 31st, '11, 01:18

by SlientSipper » Oct 31st, '11, 01:18

I've been a tea slob.
One time I had no clean class ware.
I poured the white tea into my mouth.

HARDCORE! :oops:

Oct 31st, '11, 09:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 31st, '11, 09:41

Hi everyone. Been out of utilities here due to the storm. Winging it with a smart phone. I am checking the forum. But ...

Oct 31st, '11, 11:24

by Running for Tea » Oct 31st, '11, 11:24

I voted yesterday that I was not a tea slob or klutz... I made tea after voting. On my last steep, I pour the tea into the teacup and I have no idea how it happened, but I spilled every last drop. Needless to say I changed my vote :lol:
Lets hope today's tea goes better. Hachiju - Hachiya from Maiko it is!
SlientSipper wrote:I've been a tea slob.
One time I had no clean class ware.
I poured the white tea into my mouth.

HARDCORE! :oops:
Not gonna lie... I would definitely do that too! :mrgreen:

Oct 31st, '11, 20:34

by Drax » Oct 31st, '11, 20:34

Chip wrote:Hi everyone. Been out of utilities here due to the storm. Winging it with a smart phone. I am checking the forum. But ...
I thought it was pretty quiet this weekend... hope you get power back soon! On the bright side, at least it's not balmy and hot...?? :D

Nov 2nd, '11, 15:09

by Pawel » Nov 2nd, '11, 15:09

I voted for 'hmmm , I don't think so'.

I always try to make tea very careful and I put back current things I have to do.

On the other hand, it happnes that after having my tea drunk I leave the teapot uncleaned to be back to the things I should have done then. :wink:

Hmm , maybe I should ticked a 'slob' :?:

In my cup today: Darjeeling Namring FF in the afternoon and Yellow tea buds in the evening.