New TeaDay 5/2/12 Is anyone out there drinking tea? And ...

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

And ... your absolute FAVORITE Tea for the month of April is ....

It was ... black
7%
Green
20%
Oolong
20%
Pu-erh
11%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Other
No votes
Bonus ... from China
23%
Bonus ... from India
No votes
Bonus ... from India Darjeeling region
No votes
Bonus ... from Japan
14%
Bonus ... from Ceylon
No votes
Bonus ... from Taiwan
2%
Bonus, other
No votes

Total votes: 44

May 6th, '12, 17:11

Re: New TeaDay 5/2/12 Is anyone out there drinking tea? And ...

by entropyembrace » May 6th, '12, 17:11

I drank some very nice teas from our special stash with my gf the past two weeks...so I think the star for april was 1980s TGY

May 6th, '12, 21:04

Re: New TeaDay 5/2/12 Is anyone out there drinking tea? And ...

by debunix » May 6th, '12, 21:04

May is starting out very well for teaDays. I ended April with a weekend away from home where I forgot a teapot, and had to brew my tea in a mug to then fill my thermos--I'd brought some teas that aren't so forgiving for toss-in-leaves, add hot water, drink later brewing. May has been puerh, oolong, green teas, herbals.

Today, started with Haru Bancha from Yuuki-cha, a green tea that is so forgiving and gentle and sweet that I just can't figure it out--my favorite senchas and loveliest chinese greens can all turn on my if sufficiently abused, but this one just doesn't seem to have that bitter potential at all. Grassy sweet and so nice. I am going to have to try more Banchas to figure out how much that's a property of this lovely tea vs generally a bancha characteristic.

Later, Da Wu Ye from Norbu, one of the 'commercial grade Dan Cong' oolongs he got in last year, another very nice tea, although like most Dan Congs, it does need at least a little attention while brewing to keep things on the floral and light side.

Now finishing off the Dan Cong, and going for some Tsou Ma Fei Alishan, a lovely Taiwan mountain oolong. A very nice tea day.