12/29/13 New Year's TeaResolutions?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

2014 New Year's "TeaResolutions", where will Tea take you in 2014? Up to 5 votes.

I have no plans to change any thing concerning tea
No votes
I plan to try at least 1-5 new and untried teas this year
9%
I plan to try at least 6-12 new and untried teas this year
5%
I would like to try more than a dozen new teas this year
12%
I need to stop spending $$$ on tea
14%
I will more than likely spend more money this year on tea
8%
I do not need any more brewing vessels or cups
12%
I will likely purchase more brewing vessels and/or cups
15%
I would like to add to my collection some of our TeaWare Artisans TeaWares
11%
I will stick to my bread and butter vendors
6%
I will expand my TeaVendor horizons
8%
I will seek out TeaVendor members this year
2%

Total votes: 66

Dec 29th, '13, 11:58
Scrolling: scrolling

12/29/13 New Year's TeaResolutions?

by Chip » Dec 29th, '13, 11:58

Welcome to TeaDay Discussion. Hope everyone is enjoying tea today.

Please feel free to stop in and let us know what you are brewing and drinking throughout the day. It's always nice to see photos of your tea and teawares as well, do feel free to show us.

In a few days it will be 2014, and I was wondering what your "Tea Resolutions" may be for the new year. You have 5 votes and please feel free to add your own resolutions, I obviously could not cover everything!

I am looking forward to reading the possible myriad of resolutions.
Brew what you like and like what you brew ... bottoms up!

Dec 29th, '13, 14:01

Re: 12/29/13 New Year's TeaResolutions?

by debunix » Dec 29th, '13, 14:01

While enjoying some morning sencha (brewed in my usual Petr Novak kyusu, and enjoyed from my large shallow tea bowl, maybe-chawan, also from Petr), I resolve that I already have enough teaware (once my latest order arrives), but I am almost certain to break down at least once or twice and purchase a new piece of teaware this year: one of my favorite hagi wares just developed an uncomfortable chip on the rim, and while that means a chance to practice my repair skills--maybe even finally purchase a laquer and gold repair kit and seminar to learn to do these repairs the traditional way--it is a reminder that teawares do break, and replacements are needed from time to time.....

Enjoying a couple of teas and various teawares today--a sample of puerh from a TC OTTI reminding me that I really don't need to buy any puerh again for quite a while--and there was no need to wash teawares midday, a reminder that there is enough teaware about...
Last edited by debunix on Dec 29th, '13, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Dec 29th, '13, 15:33

by sherubtse » Dec 29th, '13, 15:33

Thanks for the list of possible resolutions, Chip. It was quite helpful in organising my thinking for the new year.

Two resolutions stand out: try some new vendors (I have a list of 3 I wish to try for sure), and try some new teas (sheng & shou for sure).

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Dec 30th, '13, 13:18

by Devoted135 » Dec 30th, '13, 13:18

I hadn't thought about this question, so I am also glad for the idea springboard. :)

I plan to try at least several new teas and a couple new vendors, though probably still within the oolong/green/black world that I tend to live in. I'm currently drinking through the teas that I have so I can sort of reset my tea pantry.

In terms of teawares, I have reached the point where I don't need any more but probably won't be able to resist purchasing pieces that I find particularly beautiful. :mrgreen:

Dec 30th, '13, 17:01

by GreenwoodStudio » Dec 30th, '13, 17:01

This year I'll try my hardest to ruin anyone's resolutions having to do with limiting teaware purchases :wink:

Dec 30th, '13, 18:18

by JBaymore » Dec 30th, '13, 18:18

GreenwoodStudio wrote:This year I'll try my hardest to ruin anyone's resolutions having to do with limiting teaware purchases :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!

best,

..................john

Dec 30th, '13, 19:37

by eyvind » Dec 30th, '13, 19:37

Resolution seems a strong word.

I would definitely like to expand my range of pu erh and maybe try the oolong types. (Need to search for trusted oolong vendors).

There are always new greens. Perhaps I need to figure out how to get on the OTTI list before shincha season- maybe this could cut back on the cost of trying O-Cha's offerings.

I have been eyeing a nerikomi kyusu for a while...
Is Yixing in the tea leaves for the coming year?

I would say if I had a "resolution" it would be to drink more tea at the office. I made the first step with a variable temp electric kettle to brew some desk sencha.

Dec 30th, '13, 19:52

by Chip » Dec 30th, '13, 19:52

eyvind wrote: There are always new greens. Perhaps I need to figure out how to get on the OTTI list before shincha season- maybe this could cut back on the cost of trying O-Cha's offerings.
Keep your eye on the OTTI and NOTTI forum. Very soon to be launched is the NOTTI featuring at least 6 selections!

Dec 30th, '13, 19:56

by AdamMY » Dec 30th, '13, 19:56

I always like to try new teas, but for the most part I have settled into a set of vendors I feel happy with for all my needs. That does not mean I will not try one or two new ones, but the days of searching are limited.

I kind of voted for nearly every single teaware choice. I do not need any more, I will likely get more, and if I do I really want to seek out those *perfect* pieces, at least some of them from some forum Teaware Artisans I have had my eye on for some time. The first and third are the truth, the second is just me being realistic :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: .

Jan 1st, '14, 09:19

by Chip » Jan 1st, '14, 09:19

Happy New Year!

Starting the new year with a new tea from an older vendor ... Yume no Ukihashi Gyokuro from O-Cha.

Jan 1st, '14, 12:29

by debunix » Jan 1st, '14, 12:29

No resolution for this post, but wishes for a wonderful tea year for all.

I'll be starting my tea year with some silver needle from Norbu--the kettle is heated, the tea is in the kyusu, the Rock yunomi is ready to go--but I have been trapped by a lap cat, so for the moment the tea has to remain sweet, fruity, floral, and elusive....

Edited to update with some golden Silver Needle in the garden after the cat released my lap...

enjoyed with the promise of future figs

and a flower or two that couldn't wait for spring

Jan 3rd, '14, 13:45

by FlyedPiper » Jan 3rd, '14, 13:45

For me... I will be focusing on teas I really enjoy and expanding my vender roster.

For me it's Japanese teas, Taiwanese oolongs and puerhs from here on out. :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply