Sunday, 2/03/08, Super Bowl TeaParty : D

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What will you be chugging this Super Bowl Sunday

Tea
71%
Alcoholic beverage
No votes
Both
12%
Other
9%
All of the above
9%

Total votes: 34

Feb 3rd, '08, 12:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 3rd, '08, 12:47

Only three people are drinking beer today?

Wow, we are dorks. :)

Feb 3rd, '08, 13:01

by Buzz Fledderjohn » Feb 3rd, '08, 13:01

I started off the day with a tetsubin full of Keemun Fu Xuan and I took a brand new tin of Marukyu-Koyamaen Kinrin matcha out of the fridge to warm up to room temp. Can't wait to crack it open.

For the game, I'll be having a beer, I'm sure. I've got a bottle of Chimay (blue label) that's been in the fridge for a while...I may have to open it.

Feb 3rd, '08, 13:29

by Chip » Feb 3rd, '08, 13:29

Yep, Mary, Must be Super Spam Sunday...or weekend.

Looks like a lot of TeaChuggin' goin' down on Super Tea Sunday. I will be downing tea in massive quantities. Wow...seems like a lot of incredible tea openings today, even though Space must wait a day or so. I expect rampent reporting today!!!

Starting my TeaDay a little late with Guricha. I did it hot today, so much better than yesterday's cooler water experiment. I am on my 5th steep and it is just magically sweet tea water. I love how a tea can slowly evolve to reveal a splendor that must be fervently saught or will never enjoyed.

I am glad that so many other teachatters have found this underlying layer. On another forum, unbelievably the discussion on this got ridiculously out of hand and hostile. We are passionate about our passion!!!

Feb 3rd, '08, 14:07
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 3rd, '08, 14:07

Yesterday, I did a lot but I'm pretty sure I didn't get enough tea. Will start out the day with my own blend, Mexican Chocolate, and work on some writing.

I may play with the new tea pot I bought yesterday. The photos are at:

http://shadowhelm.livejournal.com/428473.html

I may have the super bowl on tonight, but it will be background noise.

Feb 3rd, '08, 14:30

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 3rd, '08, 14:30

Scruff McGruff wrote:Only three people are drinking beer today?

Wow, we are dorks. :)
It may not even be beer! Think of the dork factor with that in mind. I know I voted both simply because I have every plan of finally opening my beaujolais nouveau tonight. A nice glass of dry red wine between mugs of tea is spectacular.

On the bright side, I started my teaday a little late with a nice gyokuro. The first steep came out lovely with some nice sweet notes. I am just reheating the water for the second one now and looking forward to it.

Feb 3rd, '08, 15:05

by Warden Andy » Feb 3rd, '08, 15:05

I voted tea.

In my gaiwan: Tai Ping Hou Kui from Teaspring. This one likes to change a lot each brewing. Still thick and sweet, but not as puerh-ish this time.
Super elite tea facist....

Feb 3rd, '08, 15:05

by Victoria » Feb 3rd, '08, 15:05

Just tea here - a nice black to warm me up, it's been raining all morning.
I need some warming comfort.

No Superbowl for me, wake me when it's Baseball season.

Have a lovely day all!

Feb 3rd, '08, 15:32

by tenuki » Feb 3rd, '08, 15:32

Packers fan, so no superbowl for me.

And today.. today is coffee and writing at a local bookshop. So shoot me, their tea selection sucks. :D
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Feb 3rd, '08, 15:51

by Space Samurai » Feb 3rd, '08, 15:51

tenuki wrote:And today.. today is coffee and writing at a local bookshop. So shoot me, their tea selection sucks. :D
Man, I'm with you on that. If you can't give me good tea, don't bother, just give me coffee.

I started today with some Teance, but that was purely work related.

Feb 3rd, '08, 16:14

by osadczuk » Feb 3rd, '08, 16:14

As a Colts fan I'm officially ignoring the Superbowl other then to wish the Patriots ill. I started today with my morning coffee (trying to get rid of some horrible flavored pre-ground stuff a friend gave me for Christmas.) and then moved on to a first for me. I made my very own blend. The mopst recent batch of Earl Grey Bravo I recieved was just to floral for me, so I mixed it 50/50 with some golden monkey and just enjoyed. I'm very proud of me, because I would never have tried this before coming to this board. That being said, anyobne have any other suggestions for blending it with. I fear I'm wasting perfectly good golden monkey tea.

I've moved on to some nice iced Assam. We're trying to reclaim the house form the children, so it's clean, clean, clean.

Feb 3rd, '08, 16:25

by Ladytiger » Feb 3rd, '08, 16:25

Yay! My first Tea Review for today. I'm beewing some Mighty Leaf, Mountain Spring Jasmine but I can't get of the fact that it doesn't smell like it's suppose to be a tea, too floral

Feb 3rd, '08, 16:48

by Mary R » Feb 3rd, '08, 16:48

Space Samurai wrote:Man, I'm with you on that. If you can't give me good tea, don't bother, just give me coffee.
Somehow, the phrase "Give me good tea or give me coffee" just doesn't have the force of Patrick Henry's original.

Feb 3rd, '08, 19:11

by procarel » Feb 3rd, '08, 19:11

We had some of our favorite puerh this morning. At noon we went to a China Buffet and had some of the house oolong which was quite good. This afternoon we had some silver needle white. It's almost a year old but still is good for three infusions. Probably better finish that up before it gets over the hill.

Feb 3rd, '08, 19:44

by Wesli » Feb 3rd, '08, 19:44

Guricha on the brain.

Feb 3rd, '08, 19:47

by Salsero » Feb 3rd, '08, 19:47

tenuki wrote:and writing at a local bookshop.
So, snoopy as I am, what are your writing?
Katmandu wrote:Right on, Joel, let's do it! I received my first matcha starter kit in the mail yesterday and will be embarking on that shortly... You can bet this chic will be chuggin the tea all day...
Kat just keeps getting cooler ... now that she's got matcha there's no hope for anyone to ever catch up!

As for me, I had a first go at a Simao Yunnan from YSLLC that I had never tried and was pleased with its simple frankness. My other quaff so far has been a "subtle" blend of three year-old green teas I found as I was cleaning up my stash and threw them into an infuser basket. I'm really amazed at how good they are. Of course, they were all great greens a year ago. I guess the pedigree doesn't die as quickly as I thought.

Oh, yes, and I almost forgot:
Power to the Wiki!