Yea, Monday, celebrate TeaDay, 2/11/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

So, yesterday's results made me wonder, how old are you anyway?

Under 20
7%
20 to 29
52%
30 to 39
21%
40 to 49
11%
50 to 59
7%
60 to 69
2%
70 or over
No votes

Total votes : 56

Postby scruffmcgruff » Feb 11th, '08, 18:03

Chip wrote:
skywarrior wrote:I spent six months in Japan, but never set foot on the ground. (Figure that out, if you can). Family: switched at birth, raised by wolves. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

A riddle for TeaDay...how did Sky live in Japan for 6 months and never set foot on the ground???

She was a baby, right?

Jack_teachat wrote:...my housemate has informed me that first ever tea order has arrived in the post today from O-cha consisting of 1 bag of daily sencha and 1 bag of Yutaka Midori!

Wow! Starting off with the good stuff! The Yukata Midori is one of my favorite teas, same as Chip, I believe. When your cold goes away, definitely ask Chip for some guidance brewing it– it is an amazing tea!
scruffmcgruff

Re: Yea, Monday, celebrate TeaDay, 2/10/08

Postby bambooforest » Feb 11th, '08, 18:09

Chip wrote:

So answer the poll...and instead of discussing our ages (unless you want to), Henley also wanted to ask, what are you, a TeaMan or a TeaWoman. So, tell us your gender if you please.

I'm neither a TeaMan, nor a TeaWoman.

I am The TeaMAAn. And I pitty the fool.
bambooforest

Postby LavenderPekoe » Feb 11th, '08, 18:15

Good call Scruff, that sounds about like it is correct.
LavenderPekoe

Postby bambooforest » Feb 11th, '08, 18:15

This morning I started off with Fukamushi - Cha superior from Uji (hibiki-an).

In the late afternoon, I'm having an Uji Sencha called "Miyabi" from o-cha.com

Into the very early evening, I'm planning to engage life in adventure mode. I will be having a wonderful green oolong from Alishan Taiwan I think, which is is oh so satisfying (Tea from Taiwan).
bambooforest

Postby Jack_teachat » Feb 11th, '08, 18:16

Scruff McGruff wrote:Wow! Starting off with the good stuff! The Yukata Midori is one of my favorite teas, same as Chip, I believe. When your cold goes away, definitely ask Chip for some guidance brewing it– it is an amazing tea!

Thats right, I figured if I get some daily sencha and drink that for a few days I could then prepare myself to be blown away by the Midori.

Can't Wait! :D
Jack_teachat

Re: Yea, Monday, celebrate TeaDay, 2/10/08

Postby Eastree » Feb 11th, '08, 18:19

bambooforest wrote: And I pitty the fool.

Me. Tea?

Any way ..

27, Mixed heritage: French and German almost exclusively on my dad's side, Welsh and Scottish mostly on my mother's with speculative other heritage.

I'm a TeaMan irl, but online does it really matter?

Let's see ... *checks join date* I've been drinking real tea since shortly after I joined Teachat. My samples just hadn't yet arrived.

I haven't had tea tonight yet, but the Mengyang Guoyan will be in yixing just after supper.
Eastree

Postby Chip » Feb 11th, '08, 18:25

Scarlet Glow wrote:Chip - TeaMan... that sounds like a super hero. Dun da da da... it's TeaMan! Saving the world from horribly bitter tea, one cup at a time! Err... something like that. :wink:

...yes, I am TeaMan!!! Currently fighting contaminants in tea. The world is a safer place. Careful, Bamboo. Calling yourself TeaMaan carries with it huge responsibilty.

Jack, I am on steep #4 of Yutaka Midori, one of my fav sencha. I am quite partial to Kagoshima prefecture sencha.

I still say Sky is a hawk or an eagle. :lol:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Mil » Feb 11th, '08, 18:33

I'm 23, female, and descended from a long line of argumentative coffee-drinkers. My relatives tolerate my fascination with tea as a harmless quirk, provided that I take my coffee black.
Mil

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 11th, '08, 18:35

Today started out with a sencha and a Tazo Zen teabag between classes since I forgot to restock my loose tea supply that is usually in my backpack.

I am 21, female, and a complete mutt heritage wise. I know I am at least 1/4 Polish with some Irish, English, Danish, and maybe some German. We keep getting conflicting information about the Danish and German parts so it gets confusing after a while.

I have been drinking tea on and off since I was younger. I am lucky enough to have a father who likes tea so we would have a pot of Earl Grey almost every night after dinner. I started drinking tea on my own through middle school and high school, ending up with a constant travel mug every morning somewhere in the 10th grade. It was at that time when I decided that even though my parents were die-hard coffee addicts, I would be a tea drinker. From there, the tea obsession got progressively worse though it took me a while to find that I could get loose tea online. Now, finding me without a tea mug nearby is an oddity.
Cinnamon Kitty

Postby JT » Feb 11th, '08, 18:53

I'm 31 y/o guy, mostly of Italian descent with a bit of other stuff mixed in.

Started off today with Yutaka Midori. Later I made some Long Jing. I'm about to embark on my second try at this Rougui. Hopefully I can coax out the cassia flavor that this tea is named after.
Last edited by JT on Feb 11th, '08, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
JT

Postby tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 18:56

And again with the yu shan organic oolong
tenuki

Postby Chip » Feb 11th, '08, 19:16

Nice to learn a bit about everyone. It is something we just never really take the time to do, so it is a nice change of pace. Tomorrow, a tea discussion will ensue.

So, Ding Gu Da Fang followed by Yutaka Midori...thinking about a 4th tea...that is a bonus for me.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby bananarchysplit » Feb 11th, '08, 19:25

31 and getting better. Bigelow Pomegranite Pizazz from a Bag :ducks: :D
bananarchysplit

Postby tenuki » Feb 11th, '08, 19:40

bananarchysplit wrote:from a Bag :ducks: :D

Perfectly acceptable, everyone here knows tea bags are simply the gateway drug..
tenuki

Postby Tsukiko » Feb 11th, '08, 19:50

People tell me I'm 22 years old but I don't feel 22! I've been through a lot in my life and I feel I should either be 50 or 12 :P lol Still such a kid at heart.

I am half-German/Irish/English and half-Arabic, though I am not too familar with Arabic culture since my father has not been in the picture often.
Last edited by Tsukiko on Feb 11th, '08, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
Tsukiko

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions