2-21-08, TeaDay on Thursday

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Olivierco asks, "when was the last time you did not have a tea for an entire day?"

Less than one week
30%
Less than one month
24%
Less than 6 months
22%
Less than 1 year
6%
Less than 2 years
8%
Less than 5 years
6%
5 years or longer
4%

Total votes: 50

Feb 21st, '08, 02:57
Scrolling: scrolling

2-21-08, TeaDay on Thursday

by Chip » Feb 21st, '08, 02:57

I hope everyone is finding the new and hopefully improved location for TeaDay, now Under the newly created Welcome Header. Yesterday was its first day here and it was a little slower than normal.

Olivierco suggested today's TeaPoll Question...and our main topic for the day. Thanx, Olivierco!!! Any Poll suggestions should be PMed to me directly, thank you!

So, tell us what is in your cup throughout the day, see what everyone else is sipping, take the poll and discuss our daily topic. Most importantly, have fun on TeaDay as often as you can today and every day.

So, when is the last time you did not have tea all day??? Good question, Olivierco. Discuss this here and also do you purpose each day to have TEA, does it just happen, do you feel incomplete if you do not.

And of course, have a great TeaDay, TeaChatters!!!
Last edited by Chip on Feb 21st, '08, 03:21, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 21st, '08, 03:13

by brandon » Feb 21st, '08, 03:13

I travel a lot, and I don't always have a reliable way to make tea. Sometimes I will just forgo it for a week rather than compromise for crappy tea.

I am still trying to work out a system that travels well and does not incite the rage of the TSA.

Feb 21st, '08, 03:29

by Space Samurai » Feb 21st, '08, 03:29

I'm with Bhale. I'd rather drink coffee than bad tea, which is why I don't bother with tea bags.

Feb 21st, '08, 03:47

by olivierco » Feb 21st, '08, 03:47

When I am away from home for one day or two, I always take an emergency kit with me: empty teabags, some tealeaves in tiny canisters and some teabags (mainly samplers given with my online orders). For longer trips, I take also a little porcelain kyuusu and my thermometer.
The last time I didn't have tea for an entire day was March 2005: I had a two week school trip (a two week stay in a tiny village in the French Alps with my pupils) and forgot my emergency kit. I had to wait a few days to be able to find drinkable tea.

This morning Yunnan golden tips and now Hatsumi sencha

EDIT houjicha for my lunch break (gets well with smoked salmon)

Feb 21st, '08, 07:43

by TexasTea » Feb 21st, '08, 07:43

Last time I went for an entire day with no tea was in January - more than a month ago, so I was in the 2-6 month range. I'm glad to see the discussion on traveling with tea - just found out yesterday I'm going to a conference in Boston at the end of April. I'll be looking for some good travel teaware.

This morning I'm drinking the last of some RoT Orange Ginger Mint... a gentle standard from my pre-serious tea drinking days. I'll be looking for a better quality replacement when this is gone.

[edit] Later... sitting now with a cup of Adagio Golden Monkey.
Last edited by TexasTea on Feb 21st, '08, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 21st, '08, 09:02

by CynTEAa » Feb 21st, '08, 09:02

No tea? Just can't do it. And if I have - my memory of the horror has been completely blocked out. :wink:

Starting out with my usual Yunnan Gold.

Feb 21st, '08, 09:22

by Scarlet Glow » Feb 21st, '08, 09:22

I haven't had tea for the past two days. :(

As a matter of fact, I haven't had any today either. I usually take some with me to my 8am and 10am classes but I've been running behind lately. Shame on me.

Ah, but this weekend is going to be an all out tea-fest. I still have teas that I got for Christmas that I haven't tried yet. :wink:

Feb 21st, '08, 09:34

by Selaphiel » Feb 21st, '08, 09:34

There are a few days where I dont drink tea. Longest period must have been around christmas when I was sick.

Enjoying some Sencha Miyabi now. Love this tea.

Feb 21st, '08, 10:42

by Wesli » Feb 21st, '08, 10:42

Right around a year. :D

Spiking my sencha with matcha again.

Feb 21st, '08, 10:42

by TimeforTea » Feb 21st, '08, 10:42

I've only been drinking tea for a month, and have not skipped a day. I don't see myself skipping a day of tea going forward, either.

I was surprised at the results--I thought tea chatters would have gone years without skipping a tea day.

I am drinking grapefruit oolong this morning. The grapefruit flavor was too strong in the first cup. I'm just not sure about oolong. It reminds me too much of the taste of teabags. Perhaps I should have chosen a different oolong as my first. Or perhaps I'm just a green and white tea drinker at heart!

Happy tea day, everyone!

Feb 21st, '08, 10:52

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 21st, '08, 10:52

I don't remember when I didn't have tea for a day. It was probably a while ago. Somewhere less than 6 months, since I know I didn't drink tea daily in the summer.

The goal for today is to go to the organic store and check out their tea collection. If I remember correctly, they have some loose white tea from RoT that I would like to try. The idea is to get some lemon grass and some spearmint and experiment with random plain green tea samples to find a combination that is similar to the Tazo Zen tea. The other goal is to visit the oriental shop at the mall to see what they have for teaware.

I haven't gotten to tea yet this morning. I should make some before I go on my journey, but I haven't decided on which one yet.

Feb 21st, '08, 11:46

by daughteroftheKing » Feb 21st, '08, 11:46

Adagio's Ti Kuan Yin is making my morning happy. I upped the leaves a bit more than I have been and lowered the temp (at least for 1st infusions)...yumm.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Feb 21st, '08, 11:53

by henley » Feb 21st, '08, 11:53

Yesterday was a hectic day (as all Wednesdays are at my house) but managed to sneak in some pomegranate oolong w/bfast. It doesn't happen often enough but my favorite way to wind down in the evenings is w/a cuppa tea.

Last time I went w/o tea was one day last week when my son was sick. I need a tea fairy to come make tea for me when I don't have the time or energy to do so. Off to make some hot cinnamon spice tea. It's cool & overcast today so I need something to warm me up.

Feb 21st, '08, 12:04

by xine » Feb 21st, '08, 12:04

If I find myself at the SO's for the weekend, I usually do not have any tea, because at his house it's simply Carrington's or Lyons' teabags...no thx. I have failed to convert!! :) I've been able to successfully leave good tea at other places I frequent, and stay over the weekend, Like others said above, I will take a cup of coffee or a sugar-laced coffee drink over bad tea, and it's more of a treat since I don't have much coffee.

Having the usual golden monkey....

Feb 21st, '08, 12:21

by CynTEAa » Feb 21st, '08, 12:21

Now having some Wuyi Oolong and it is doing the trick!

Seriously, I cannot function without tea...how do you all do it? :shock: