Sunday's TeaDay 2.24.08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

And while we are at it, how big is your TeaPot or brewing vessel?

3 oz
6%
5 oz
8%
7 oz
10%
9 oz
8%
11 oz
25%
13 oz
2%
16 oz
25%
20 oz
6%
24 oz
No votes
30 oz
6%
36 oz
No votes
42 oz
2%
BIGGER
No votes

Total votes: 48

Feb 24th, '08, 22:29

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 24th, '08, 22:29

After the fukamushi maki was finished, I tried the TQY oolong I found in the oriental store. Using the very helpful instructions that Victoria gave me, the first cup was very strong. It smelled sweet and highly vegetal. The second steep was a slightly milder version of the same flavors. It tasted a bit odd after being used to milder greens, but the leaves were nifty. They started out as little, crumpled balls and expanded to about 2 or 3 inches long. I think I will have to try it again with either less leaves or a shorter steeping time so it is not quite as strong. I decided on some guricha with dinner and am currently on the third steep of that. I used less leaves than normal for the guricha so this is probably going to be the last steep before I switch to Foxtrot so I can sleep tonight.

Feb 24th, '08, 22:45

by TimeforTea » Feb 24th, '08, 22:45

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:I decided on some guricha with dinner and am currently on the third steep of that. I used less leaves than normal for the guricha so this is probably going to be the last steep before I switch to Foxtrot so I can sleep tonight.
I recall your saying you use bags for your vanilla rooibos because it makes a mess. Do you do that for all your rooibos and herbals such as Foxtrot?

Do you ever re-steep herbals or rooibos?

Feb 24th, '08, 23:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 24th, '08, 23:56

Yutaka Midori...wow, really great session.

3 great teas today!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 25th, '08, 00:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Feb 25th, '08, 00:01

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:After the fukamushi maki was finished, I tried the TQY oolong I found in the oriental store. Using the very helpful instructions that Victoria gave me, the first cup was very strong. It smelled sweet and highly vegetal. The second steep was a slightly milder version of the same flavors. It tasted a bit odd after being used to milder greens, but the leaves were nifty. They started out as little, crumpled balls and expanded to about 2 or 3 inches long. I think I will have to try it again with either less leaves or a shorter steeping time so it is not quite as strong. I decided on some guricha with dinner and am currently on the third steep of that. I used less leaves than normal for the guricha so this is probably going to be the last steep before I switch to Foxtrot so I can sleep tonight.
CK, I'd try less leaf. Alot of people over estimate the amount of leaf needed because it looks so small in its tightly rolled state. The first steep of TQY is usually pretty bold though.
Chip wrote: An option is to use less water with the ingenuiTEA. Have you ever tried this? :wink:
Ahhh Yes, I did try that once. :D But routinely it wouldn't fill my cup. I'm not complaining. Three 12-14oz gets me through a chunk of time. By then I'm ready for something new.

Feb 25th, '08, 02:22
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 25th, '08, 02:22

Actually, it's 21 oz. But you didn't have that.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.