Blue Monday Banned, TeaDay Declared, 2.25.08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

So, as you gain experience drinking TEA, are your pots and cups getting bigger or smaller or staying the same size?

My pots and cups are getting smaller in size
24%
My pots are getting smaller but my cups are staying the same size
16%
My pots are getting smaller but my cups are getting larger in size
2%
My pots and cups are staying the same size
39%
My pots are staying the same size but my cups are geting smaller in size
2%
Mypots are staying the same size but my cups are getting larger in size
2%
My pots and cups are getting larger in size
2%
My pots are getting larger but my cups are getting smaller in size
No votes
My pots are getting larger but my cups are staying the same size
No votes
Other
14%

Total votes: 51

Feb 25th, '08, 19:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 25th, '08, 19:05

Having the Sencha Premiun I just opened earlier. Very fresh and vibrant cup. Vegetal yet floral character comes to the front in the 2nd and 3rd steep.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 25th, '08, 19:13

by Ladytiger » Feb 25th, '08, 19:13

Wow, milk oolong goes with tacos...go figure. Den's suprised me and sent my order via UPS so it'll be here by Wednesday, yay! I order the Houji-kukicha, the cold brew iced green tea, and the pear cold brew iced green tea, we will se how the pear tastes. I'm so happy that after this week there will be no more moldy green tea for me.

Feb 25th, '08, 20:16

by Pentox » Feb 25th, '08, 20:16

So far today:
Ei Asatsuyu (almost done with it)
Adagio Kukicha - finished that up.

Feb 25th, '08, 21:19

by CynTEAa » Feb 25th, '08, 21:19

Been a busy day, but still started with Yunnan Gold and had a nice rousing cup of Golden Monkey in the afternoon.

My brewing apparatus has tended to get smaller but I do have couple of 36 oz teapots for when company comes. Oh and a trinitea of course! But I tend to use it for myself when I need to get a lot done and want to drink the same tea for a bit. :)

Feb 25th, '08, 21:59

by tissigirl » Feb 25th, '08, 21:59

I have a variety of teapot and cup sizes. From my huge stainless whistling kettle I got in China (it was the smallest they had, they drink a LOT of tea there needless to say!), to a 32oz insulated french press, to a small 8 oz teapot.

I'm currently drinking an herbal night night tea from Teavana to help relax me, and my upset tummy, before bed. :)

Feb 25th, '08, 22:27

by henley » Feb 25th, '08, 22:27

Finished off the evening w/a cup of oolong #40 & hubby had vanilla oolong. I see both of these be regulars at my house.

Feb 25th, '08, 22:45

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 25th, '08, 22:45

I went to my late class today with a travel mug of tropical green and a travel mug of vanilla rooibos. The tropical green was okay, but did not hold my attention as much as the rooibos over the hour and forty minutes. I switched to chamomile with a pinch of lemongrass when I returned to my dorm. It was so extremely tasty that I am on the second mug of it now.

Feb 25th, '08, 22:55

by Salsero » Feb 25th, '08, 22:55

I cook fresh broccoli by placing it in a covered bowl with a little water in the microwave for one or two minutes. I have discovered that the little bit of water remaining in the bowl after cooking has the most wonderful, intense taste to it. It reminds me of a strong, vegetal, sweet sencha in it's color as well as its flavor.

I have had one serving of that today. I might start making broccoli just to keep the "tisane" and toss the broccoli!

Also, and less memorably: Harney's Orange Pekoe, Ceylon and India and some out-of-date Hai Nan Island Bai Sha Lu green (old and bleyech!). On the brighter side: a lovely bowl of matcha, and now some "White Frosted" 2005 Menghai Golden Needle White Lotus.

Altogether a little more contrasty tea day than usual with higher heights and lower depths.

Feb 25th, '08, 23:00

by Ladytiger » Feb 25th, '08, 23:00

Today has been an interesting Teaday more so in the events unrelated to tea, but I did get through two steepings of Teacuppa's milk oolong and I'm going to see my tea friend this weekend, so many teas, so little time!

Feb 26th, '08, 00:03

by Space Samurai » Feb 26th, '08, 00:03

It was blog related tea drinkin' day.

I had some Den's Kukicha and Shinryoku cos' I needed some pictures. Then drank lots and lots of Den's Houji-genmaicha as I experimented with brewing parameters.

Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully my fukamushicha supreme will come tomorrow.

Feb 26th, '08, 00:21

by cloudyday » Feb 26th, '08, 00:21

glad i could brighten your day with my sticky situation, sal. lol

it's indeed been a blue monday, but i dunno why anymore. had some gyokuro before class, and having some 2004 shiraz after class. as always, drinking alone, whatever it may be. aced the test, but it brings me no pleasure.
double sigh...

good night all.

Feb 26th, '08, 00:57

by Chip » Feb 26th, '08, 00:57

Hmmm, Tea Companion...literally is our tea it seems too often.

Anyway, a TeaStudy in contrasts. I opened 2 senchas as I mentioned. The Sencha premium is that broccoli kinda thing Sal mentioned...funny, I have thought about this as well...that and asperagus. The sencha premo is full of broccoli notes. 5 wonderful steeps.

I moved on to the other sencha I opened today, Daily Sencha. Not bad, just lacking character...depth. Just a daily cup of sencha. I expected no more.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 26th, '08, 01:14
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 26th, '08, 01:14

Started this morning with chocolate tea. Then creamy chai, then Chi'lan chai, and finally Golden Monkey. Probably drank more tea than that, but this is what I can remember. :roll:
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.