Today is TeaDay Tuesday 3/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How many brewing vessels do you use regularly?

10%
27%
38%
4%
8%
4%
4%
More than 7
6%

Total votes: 52

Mar 4th, '08, 17:31

by RussianSoul » Mar 4th, '08, 17:31

Two pots for me, both are tetsubins. I use one for black and one for green. I re-steep my leaves and change back and forth between my morning black and my Sencha.

I have to say: another one bites the dust, or should I say - steamed leaf :roll: ! I have so many samples and good black teas on my hands - it's not even funny. I must start the day with a good Assam. But when it comes to choosing my second tea, I look around and touch my tins, and then I go for Sencha. It's just the best thing.

Today I had two cups of Irish Breakfast in the morning, then did my little dance around the tins and settled on Sencha Fukamidori. Then I went shopping to Whole Foods and found Matcha Latte cans by Eto-En. Had to try it. My feedback is - too much sugar. It might be good, but I can't tell, it's too sweet. I won't be buying it again.
Last edited by RussianSoul on Mar 4th, '08, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 4th, '08, 17:38

by Ladytiger » Mar 4th, '08, 17:38

I only have but one. I'm hoping that this will change soon depending on if I'm able to obtain a part time job.

I think I need to stop making tea in the morning before I go to school because I don't drink it it almost always tastes weak because I rush for it, but that's because my mother insists on filling it up all the way so it takes forever to boil. :roll: I think I'm going to sit here and stare at my tea while to figure out which I want. It is both a curse and a gift to have so many teas.

Mar 4th, '08, 17:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Mar 4th, '08, 17:45

Over the past week:

4 yixing pots,

1 Kyusu,

1 small ceramic pot,

3 Gaiwan,

1 Pyrex jug.

Variety is the spice of life.

Mar 4th, '08, 18:16

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Mar 4th, '08, 18:16

Lets see here......I have my one teapot that I use for heating water, 2 kyusus (1 hagi kyusu and one tokoname kyusu) but I only regularly use the Hagi, a gaiwan which sees almost daily use, and a yixing for pu-erh, which is currently seeing daily use. My answer will be three; 1)Hagi Kyusu; 2)Yixing Porcelain Lined Gaiwan; 3)120ml (4 oz.) Yixing

*I have started the day off again today with a premium sencha from ITOEN japan

Mar 4th, '08, 18:36

by scruffmcgruff » Mar 4th, '08, 18:36

So, the no tea thing ended up being an incorrect prediction. :)

I went to a Lupicia store today, based on the recommendations of fellow TeaChatter Pentox, and picked up a sencha (Chiran Yukatamidori, from Kagoshima) and a Wenshan Baozhong. I'm drinking the sencha now, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. It's not at the O-Cha.com level, but it is quite good, and significantly cheaper. A great value.

The Lupicia store was nice-- tastefully decorated, helpful workers, amazing selection (especially their Japanese tea selection, which is unparalleled this side of the Pacific* IMO). They were even honest enough to put their shincha selections on sale and take them off the main shelves, which surprised me.

Anyway, I'll be trying the baozhong later, and I'll post about it here when I get a chance.

*with the possible exception of Ito En, which I know nothing about

Mar 4th, '08, 18:38

by augie » Mar 4th, '08, 18:38

I chose 5 and I am desparately trying to get it down to 2-3. They're not always the same 5, though . . .

Mar 4th, '08, 18:42

by augie » Mar 4th, '08, 18:42

osadczuk wrote: Probably because I am braindead today. The little one turns one today, meaning I have no baby left :cry: It's just a sad thing.
Not sad at all! It would be much worse if he didn't grow up!
Mine are 14,12,6.5 We recall many nights repeating this phrase:
"only little once . . . only little once . . . only little once . . ." and I had no tea to drink. Funny, we never say that now . . .

Mar 4th, '08, 19:20

tea day

by Ron Gilmour » Mar 4th, '08, 19:20

I use only two vessels: a tea-infuser Thermos at work and a For Life teapot at home. One of these days I'm going to splurge for a yixing pot to use for oolongs, but I haven't made the plunge yet.

Today I drank a whole lot of an organic first flush Darjeeling from Tao of Tea while I was at work. Now that I'm home I'm enjoying some Adagio Dragonwell while dinner cooks.

Mar 4th, '08, 20:03

by Chip » Mar 4th, '08, 20:03

2007 Li Shan Spring Oolong. Nice. Kind of a classic green Taiwan Oolong.

Mar 5th, '08, 00:27

by osadczuk » Mar 5th, '08, 00:27

augie wrote:
osadczuk wrote: Probably because I am braindead today. The little one turns one today, meaning I have no baby left :cry: It's just a sad thing.
Not sad at all! It would be much worse if he didn't grow up!
Mine are 14,12,6.5 We recall many nights repeating this phrase:
"only little once . . . only little once . . . only little once . . ." and I had no tea to drink. Funny, we never say that now . . .
I think it'd the whole last (biological) child thing. Mixed in with the "so much of my identity is steeped in with being a mother" thing. Add a dose of existential angst and there you have it! Bah! I think it would also be easier if there was some sort of end game for us. But with the oldest, she will always need some sort of help just trying to get along, and with the youngest. Well, let's just say the past six months we have sat around in fear of phone calls from the doctor's office. I think if I knew I wasn't goig to have to "mother" them forever I could a little more easily move on. Or, alternately, if we hadn't spent the half of her first year freaked out about her health I might have enjoyed it more? I don't know, all I know is I handled this much better the first two times around.

OKay, on topic of tea. I have found now to be utterly drawn into Prince of Whales teas. I know, I know. I want to shoot me.

Mar 5th, '08, 00:36

by Space Samurai » Mar 5th, '08, 00:36

osadczuk wrote: OKay, on topic of tea. I have found now to be utterly drawn into Prince of Whales teas. I know, I know. I want to shoot me.
Anyone with such excellent taste in tea avatars can drink whatever they want.

Mar 5th, '08, 00:39

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 5th, '08, 00:39

Pentox wrote: How is Den's Sakura Sencha? I was thinking of getting some, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
It is not too bad. I did a short post about it in the Green Tea part of tea chat. I have to try it again at some point to see if it tastes better when I am less sick.

I finished up today with a few mugs of Rooibos. I started with a mango-vanilla blend and then switched to just vanilla for the last mug.

Mar 5th, '08, 00:57

by Chip » Mar 5th, '08, 00:57

Lost power a few times this evening, but managed to brew up Sencha Premium to perfection during periods when the power went back on.

I talked to Rishi today after the Fukamushi I wrote about earlier. I have to send the Fukamushi back to them so they can inspect it and see what I am talking about. But overall it was good since I actually talked to someone today.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 5th, '08, 03:40

by Victoria » Mar 5th, '08, 03:40

Cinnamon Kitty wrote: I did a short post about it in the Green Tea part of tea chat. I have to try it again at some point to see if it tastes better when I am less sick.
Thanks CK!
Chip wrote: I talked to Rishi today after the Fukamushi I wrote about earlier. I have to send the Fukamushi back to them so they can inspect it and see what I am talking about. But overall it was good since I actually talked to someone today.
Yes talking in person makes a huge difference. :o)
Hppefully it will all get worked out.