Monday is TeaDay, 3/10/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

To TeaBlog...or not to TeaBlog. Do you have a TeaBlog, read TeaBlogs, or have a non TeaBlog?

Yes, I have a TeaBlog
8%
No, I do not have a TeaBlog
21%
Yes, I have a TeaBlog and read other TeaBlogs
19%
No, I do not have a TeaBlog but read TeaBlogs
23%
I have a non TeaBlog and read TeaBlogs
21%
Other
8%

Total votes: 48

Mar 10th, '08, 11:31

by JM » Mar 10th, '08, 11:31

I don't blog and don't read them unless they come up in a google search.

~ English Breakfast, 2 cups ~

Mar 10th, '08, 13:44

by tenuki » Mar 10th, '08, 13:44

Space Samurai wrote:Let us know how you really feel.
I've learned I can't do that. People think I'm rude. ;)

My mother-in-law always gives my son these horrible and strange children's books. I don't know what is up with that. The most 'normal' book she got him was 'Duck on a Bike'. The whole book is this basic idea: Duck does some stuff, other farm animals look at him doing it and say something nice to Duck, then the book tells you 'But what they really thought was.. XXX' (not something nice, actually quite mean). OMG, a book to teach 3-4 year olds duplicity. I won't even tell you about some of the other books this woman has given him. :shock:

On Topic: Having some fine teahome 'Legend of Tung Ting', breakfast of champions!

Mar 10th, '08, 15:11

by olivierco » Mar 10th, '08, 15:11

Gyokuro Tamayura after work, just decent, but the good news is that I have finished the bag, so I will be able to open a new one soon: Uji Gyokuro "Yume no Ukihashi" (o-cha).

Jasmine pearls right now.

Mar 10th, '08, 15:58

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 10th, '08, 15:58

I don't have a blog, but I will sometimes read tea blogs. I like finding ones that have reviewed the same teas I have tried so I can compare notes.

I started today with a travel mug of Russian Caravan.

Mar 10th, '08, 16:05

by Ladytiger » Mar 10th, '08, 16:05

I have a tea blog and do read/watch other people's tea blogs.
Cinnamonkitty- I might have asked this before, but it's better than not asking at all, how do you like the Russian Caravan? Slap me if I'm repeating myself, I'm kind of out of it at the moment.
I didn't have any tea yesterday even though I could have used it, I mean staying up late and also having daylight savings time is not very fun...well it was and it wasn't. I hoping to start off soon with a random tea selected from my supplies then off to the adventure of doing homework and make up work that I didn't fell like turning in.
Fun...

Mar 10th, '08, 16:19

by witches brew » Mar 10th, '08, 16:19

I've browsed a few tea blogs, but am not a regular reader. I have a LiveJournal with only passing references to tea in it.

The blogs I read most are those written by friends. It's the connection, not the expertise, that I favor.

Today is a tea-on-the-run day, which means a glass of iced Tazo Passion in hand. But, an hour from now, I'll be teaware shopping in Chinatown. I want to look for a gaiwan and some pretty cups.

Mar 10th, '08, 16:21

by GeoffK » Mar 10th, '08, 16:21

Well it's not technically a tea blog, but I do blog about tea: http://geoff.kleinman.com

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, my wife had an appendectomy the other week and I've been Mr. Mom.

Today:
- Mighty Leaf (loose Leaf) Yunnan - Was good
- Mighty Leaf (loose Leaf) Pheonix Gold Oolong - tastey and slowly winning me over

Yesterday -
Wui Aged from The Tea Zone - Petered out after only a few steepings, mighty disappointing
Tangerine Wrapped Pu-erh Tea (which I bought from Puerhshop) was enjoyable but not amazing

The day before-
- Mighty Leaf (loose Leaf) Yunnan YUM
- 2007 Imperial Concubine Aroma Pu-erh Tea Cake Sampler from Puerhshop - ICK! First green pu i've tasted that I didn't really like

Mar 10th, '08, 16:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 10th, '08, 16:39

Geoff, hope the wife is back to good health!

I admire bloggers, such a discipline to keep it up to date and to do it well. Some of our members have blogs that are quite impressive. I truly have to admire them for their efforts and expertise. I don't want to mention one or 2 here because there are many and I don't want to miss anyone's. But remember, you can check out who has blogs under the TeaCritic forum of TeaChat.

So, I read blogs...and wish I was focused enough to do my own.

Sencha Premium is in my cup so far. I will miss this one when I finish it sometime this week.

Today, guricha arrived from O-Cha and from Pentox (from Lupicia) in a TeaSwap. He did not care for it at all, so he gave me a bunch of it, 4 different types...yikes. I am going to find out if the Den's Guricha is a fluky good one very soon!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 10th, '08, 17:04

by Salsero » Mar 10th, '08, 17:04

Chip wrote:...wish I was focused enough to do my own.
Good thing you don't. The Chip Blog would probably blow everyone else out of the water!

Mar 10th, '08, 18:28

by Chip » Mar 10th, '08, 18:28

Salsero wrote:Good thing you don't. The Chip Blog would probably blow everyone else out of the water!
8) Thanx, Sal,

Or die trying...well, not to blow anyone out of the water. I am just a compulsive perfectionist about some things. One extreme or another. It is either that, or complete chaos. I think both are kinda ugly...

Mar 10th, '08, 19:02

by scruffmcgruff » Mar 10th, '08, 19:02

I have a tea blog, and there are 35 others I at least glance at when new posts come through the newsreader. I think its interesting to read others' opinions, especially when they're about teas I've also had. Online tastings are fun!

Mar 10th, '08, 19:06

by osadczuk » Mar 10th, '08, 19:06

Goodness Geoff, I hope your wife is doing better!

Galileo's Daughter - care to share your link?

I maintain (well, loosely since the youngest was born) a blog. http://osadczuk.blogspot.com/ It's mostly blather/parenting/autism/cross stitching. I hope to add tea as I become more knowledgable. But right now even I wouldn't not want to read my tea thoughts. I truely enjoy reading tea blogs of those of us here on TeaChat, but as a general rule I do not go out searching for them. (I prefer to have an idea as to how much I trust someone's blatherings before I read them.)

Tea my standard Earl Grey blend, hoping to move on to some Golden Monkey later.

Mar 10th, '08, 19:24

by Chip » Mar 10th, '08, 19:24

Trying the new Guricha from O-cha, I quite like it based on 4 steeps so far. It is somwhere between sencha and Luan Gua Pian Chinese green...yes...I think that is it.

I also received 4 Guricha from Pentox today that he did not like, so, now it is my turn to check out the Guri from Lupicia as well.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 10th, '08, 19:29

by Pentox » Mar 10th, '08, 19:29

Chip wrote:Trying the new Guricha from O-cha, I quite like it based on 4 steeps so far. It is somwhere between sencha and Luan Gua Pian Chinese green...yes...I think that is it.

I also received 4 Guricha from Pentox today that he did not like, so, now it is my turn to check out the Guri from Lupicia as well.
Oh, good to hear that you got them. Hope they turn out ok for ya.

Oh yeah, and I blog and read blogs. I try to be diligent about the whole thing.
Last edited by Pentox on Mar 10th, '08, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 10th, '08, 19:29

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Mar 10th, '08, 19:29

I do not have a personal tea-blog....if I feel I have found/drank something truly noteworthy, I will doo a detailed description/blog with pics, etc. on here, other than that, I leave it to people with more time on their hands than me!

*Today I have been drinking an inexpensive Pu-Erh, not the best, not the worst