Monday is TeaDay, 3/10/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

To TeaBlog...or not to TeaBlog. Do you have a TeaBlog, read TeaBlogs, or have a non TeaBlog?

Yes, I have a TeaBlog
8%
No, I do not have a TeaBlog
21%
Yes, I have a TeaBlog and read other TeaBlogs
19%
No, I do not have a TeaBlog but read TeaBlogs
23%
I have a non TeaBlog and read TeaBlogs
21%
Other
8%

Total votes: 48

Mar 10th, '08, 19:40
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Mar 10th, '08, 19:40

Chip wrote:I quite like it based on 4 steeps so far.
Quick, tell Kevin before you change your mind!

Mar 10th, '08, 19:58

by GalileosDaughter » Mar 10th, '08, 19:58

osadczuk wrote:Goodness Geoff, I hope your wife is doing better!

Galileo's Daughter - care to share your link?

I maintain (well, loosely since the youngest was born) a blog. http://osadczuk.blogspot.com/ It's mostly blather/parenting/autism/cross stitching. I hope to add tea as I become more knowledgable. But right now even I wouldn't not want to read my tea thoughts. I truely enjoy reading tea blogs of those of us here on TeaChat, but as a general rule I do not go out searching for them. (I prefer to have an idea as to how much I trust someone's blatherings before I read them.)

Tea my standard Earl Grey blend, hoping to move on to some Golden Monkey later.
Hi osadczuk!

I'm a little embarrassed--my blog is mainly just my ramblings on perfume and my dorky musical tastes, but here's a link to my blog (Dust, Glitter, and Vapor)

http://dustglitterandvapor.blogspot.com/

Mar 10th, '08, 21:39

by jogrebe » Mar 10th, '08, 21:39

I have two blogs. A tea blog at http://camellia-sinensis.blogspot.com/ and a general blog at http://johngrebe.wordpress.com/
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Mar 10th, '08, 22:05

by augie » Mar 10th, '08, 22:05

tenuki wrote:The most 'normal' book she got him was 'Duck on a Bike'.
Sounds like Nanna needs to be introduced to "Walter the Farting Dog". We have owned that book for 4 years now and it's still just as funny today as the day we bought it.

Once again, I have no idea how to answer this question. Not "other" but none of the others, either. What I do is post really wacked questions and wait for smart folks to post links to blogs where they've seen something that might help 'ol Augie. I have tea related stuff on my blog, but it serves only as encouragement to my Lipton drinking friends and family members.

I'm going to go make more tea and color my hair. It's either 10 p.m. or 11, I can't tell. . .

Mar 10th, '08, 22:24

by tenuki » Mar 10th, '08, 22:24

augie wrote:
tenuki wrote:The most 'normal' book she got him was 'Duck on a Bike'.
Sounds like Nanna needs to be introduced to "Walter the Farting Dog". We have owned that book for 4 years now and it's still just as funny today as the day we bought it.
Now that is a totally normal fun book which I bought him. I would also recommend 'everybody poops', but would not recommend the scratch and sniff version of that.

No she gets the weird harsh old english fairy tale collections that have children being eaten by cross dressing foxes who have tricked them into shrinking their parents, and ending in such strange and horrible messages. If you stop and think of the lessons some of the books are teaching it is rather chilling.

but hey, farting and pooping, now that is normal. I'm all for that!

Mar 11th, '08, 00:07

by Ladytiger » Mar 11th, '08, 00:07

I settled for some White Darjeeling which I got through two steeps of, personally I didn't think it was as good as the white peony.
A little about my tea blog, ginsenggreenstea.blogspot.com. It kind of started when I was fed up playing around with trying to do webcasts through Viddler because of the dinosaur that I had borrowed from my school's library and I saw that a lot people here have tea blogs so my problem was solved, but now that I was a camera that is able to record audio and is easy to upload to my computer I do the webcasts as a supplementary to the normal entries, which I hope to elaborate on sometime soon.
Wow, typing that took out the last of my energy for that day. I'm sure everyone has felt that they went to bed with out finishing something but for me I haven't finished a lot of things and I need to play catch up this week, no fun.

Mar 11th, '08, 00:36

by tmikuckis » Mar 11th, '08, 00:36

I started a tea blog not too long ago. I have only gained my interest in tea less than a year ago so I am still somewhat inexperienced with tea. I guess most the articles appeal to people less experienced with tea...but anyfeed back or ways I could improve my blog are much appreciated. (and hey, if anyone wants to become a writer for the blog...just send me a pm) . I've recently been working a lot on making a nice clean visually appealing design, now I can focus on writing some better articles.

my blog is http://www.blog.love4teas.com
tea

Mar 11th, '08, 01:49

by GeoffK » Mar 11th, '08, 01:49

Thanks all who well wished my wife :) She's doing much better. Just can't lift our 1 year old. But it's been nice spending a lot of time with her and my youngest. So every cloud has a silver lining.