Wooo hooo, Friday is TeaDay, 3/14/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Augie and Padre contributed to this one, name your "poison!" So, which would you choose if you had only one choice, period.

Tea/Tisane, etc of your brewing
67%
Wine or similar
4%
Beer/Ale or similar
No votes
Distilled Spirit or similar
4%
Fruit Juice
2%
Soft Drink/Soda including RTD teas
4%
Energy Drink
No votes
Milk based beverage
2%
Soy based beverage
No votes
How could I forget WATER
16%
Yikes, I forgot coffee. Here you go.
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 45

Mar 14th, '08, 14:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 14:48

Space Samurai wrote:Interesting, a surprising amount of people are choosing tea.
Yes, quite shocking! :wink:

Teasweetie, I added water and placed your vote there...how could I forget water, the number one consumed liquid on the planet. I just took it for granted.

I voted Tea! Pretty easy.

In my cup, hmmm, Tokusen Sencha from the Ono Prefecture of Japan. This is my first tasting of this sencha or any tea from this region, and let me say this...I hope it is better than my first attempt. The brewing directions were quite contrary to my normal brewing methods. I will have to try this again tomorrow.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 14th, '08, 17:38

by jogrebe » Mar 14th, '08, 17:38

Duh, tea of course.

Today after some Sencha I'm having some Imperial Banzhang Puerh.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Mar 14th, '08, 18:03

by Wesli » Mar 14th, '08, 18:03

What about COFFEE?!?!?!

Mar 14th, '08, 18:11

by Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 18:11

Wesli wrote:What about COFFEE?!?!?!
:shock: Yikes...how did I forget water and coffee...consider it added.

Wu Li Green Taiwan Oolong currently giving me a really nice 4th steep. This is perhaps the best steep so far.

Mar 14th, '08, 19:20
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Mar 14th, '08, 19:20

I am, in fact, scratching my head as to how I contributed to this one.

But.... I just like scratching myself.

Mar 14th, '08, 19:26
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Mar 14th, '08, 19:26

If I had to choose between water and tea, I'm afraid sanity would oblige me to choose water.

Not many people die from having been deprived of tea for a few days.

Mar 14th, '08, 19:33

by Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 19:33

Tea = Tea leaf + WATER

Mar 14th, '08, 19:34

by jogrebe » Mar 14th, '08, 19:34

padre wrote:If I had to choose between water and tea, I'm afraid sanity would oblige me to choose water.

Not many people die from having been deprived of tea for a few days.
Not really. The choice of tea includes access to the hot water that you need to brew it with, so you can get your needed water in your tea.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Mar 14th, '08, 19:38

by Sydney » Mar 14th, '08, 19:38

I went with the spirit of the question, which set them apart as opposing options.

Mar 14th, '08, 19:43

by Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 19:43

padre wrote:I went with the spirit of the question, which set them apart as opposing options.
Oh no...not the whole sub set thing again?
:lol:

Mar 14th, '08, 21:31

by Eastree » Mar 14th, '08, 21:31

Tea.

*sips beer*

Mar 14th, '08, 21:48

by augie » Mar 14th, '08, 21:48

padre wrote:I am, in fact, scratching my head as to how I contributed to this one.

I was just thinking that as I read the choices . . . what the heck??? :shock: Maybe we were under the influence? I was wondering what everyone has stopped drinking once they got into tea??? This was interesting too.

I chose water because water is life. If I had one and only one choice it would have to be water -- you can live without the rest. AND, Chip, you need water to make the tea . . . hmmmmm . . . so do the tea choosers get two?

I have had a horrendous week. My power went out Thursday for 16 hours. Had to go to work a mess. We are moving our office anyway, so I just got dirtier. I am exhausted and sore. And my bassett hound has swallowed something that has made her tummy sick. :P I need to sign off and make some houjicha.

Mar 14th, '08, 23:00

by Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 23:00

augie wrote:
padre wrote:I am, in fact, scratching my head as to how I contributed to this one.

I was just thinking that as I read the choices . . . what the heck??? :shock: Maybe we were under the influence? I was wondering what everyone has stopped drinking once they got into tea??? This was interesting too.

I chose water because water is life. If I had one and only one choice it would have to be water -- you can live without the rest. AND, Chip, you need water to make the tea . . . hmmmmm . . . so do the tea choosers get two?

I have had a horrendous week. My power went out Thursday for 16 hours. Had to go to work a mess. We are moving our office anyway, so I just got dirtier. I am exhausted and sore. And my bassett hound has swallowed something that has made her tummy sick. :P I need to sign off and make some houjicha.
I like to keep you guys questioning your sanity...and sobriety.

I hope your Saturday is an improvement, Augie!!!

I am sampling the 4th and last Guricha sent to me by Pentox...from Lupicia. This is a real oddity. A Kabuse (shaded for around a week before harvest) Tamaryokucha from Saga Prefecture Japan.

This has some definate potential, nice dry aroma, nice dry aroma in my preheated kyusu...the flavor was light though. I think it might be better with more leaf. But it is possibly the best of the 4 Pentox sent me.

Hmmm, isn't anyone drinking tea? :shock:

Mar 14th, '08, 23:38

by tenuki » Mar 14th, '08, 23:38

started with some more of the 2005 green city peak puerh sample from puershop, that isn't gonna last long at this rate.

Now brewing some Den's organic sencha in my new Tokoname pot, both just purchased at Uwajimaya. They had a pretty good selection of Tokoname pots, I was surprised, probably 10 or so. I paid $35 for a very nice basic one so I'm a happy camper. btw, there was a clerk there checking the dates on all the teas while I was there. It made me smile given some of the other horror stories. The Dens I got was 2008 Nov, and it is gooooood. :)
Last edited by tenuki on Mar 15th, '08, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 14th, '08, 23:48

by TimeforTea » Mar 14th, '08, 23:48

Chip wrote: Teasweetie, I added water and placed your vote there...how could I forget water, the number one consumed liquid on the planet. I just took it for granted.
Actually, I really thought I'd be the only one who'd say water over tea! It's embarrassing to admit, but I really like to drink cold glasses of water! I'm a cheap date! :lol: