Wooo hooo, Friday is TeaDay, 3/14/08


BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Augie and Padre contributed to this one, name your "poison!" So, which would you choose if you had only one choice, period.

Tea/Tisane, etc of your brewing
30
67%
Wine or similar
2
4%
Beer/Ale or similar
0
No votes
Distilled Spirit or similar
2
4%
Fruit Juice
1
2%
Soft Drink/Soda including RTD teas
2
4%
Energy Drink
0
No votes
Milk based beverage
1
2%
Soy based beverage
0
No votes
How could I forget WATER
7
16%
Yikes, I forgot coffee. Here you go.
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 45

Postby Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 14:48

Space Samurai wrote:Interesting, a surprising amount of people are choosing tea.


Yes, quite shocking! :wink:

Teasweetie, I added water and placed your vote there...how could I forget water, the number one consumed liquid on the planet. I just took it for granted.

I voted Tea! Pretty easy.

In my cup, hmmm, Tokusen Sencha from the Ono Prefecture of Japan. This is my first tasting of this sencha or any tea from this region, and let me say this...I hope it is better than my first attempt. The brewing directions were quite contrary to my normal brewing methods. I will have to try this again tomorrow.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby jogrebe » Mar 14th, '08, 17:38

Duh, tea of course.

Today after some Sencha I'm having some Imperial Banzhang Puerh.
User avatar
jogrebe
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Jun 15th, '
Location: Norristown, PA

Postby Wesli » Mar 14th, '08, 18:03

What about COFFEE?!?!?!
User avatar
Wesli
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 8th, '0
Location: 3161 A.D.

Postby Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 18:11

Wesli wrote:What about COFFEE?!?!?!


:shock: Yikes...how did I forget water and coffee...consider it added.

Wu Li Green Taiwan Oolong currently giving me a really nice 4th steep. This is perhaps the best steep so far.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Sydney » Mar 14th, '08, 19:20

I am, in fact, scratching my head as to how I contributed to this one.

But.... I just like scratching myself.
User avatar
Sydney
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Dec 22nd, '
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Postby Sydney » Mar 14th, '08, 19:26

If I had to choose between water and tea, I'm afraid sanity would oblige me to choose water.

Not many people die from having been deprived of tea for a few days.
User avatar
Sydney
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Dec 22nd, '
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Postby Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 19:33

Tea = Tea leaf + WATER
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby jogrebe » Mar 14th, '08, 19:34

padre wrote:If I had to choose between water and tea, I'm afraid sanity would oblige me to choose water.

Not many people die from having been deprived of tea for a few days.


Not really. The choice of tea includes access to the hot water that you need to brew it with, so you can get your needed water in your tea.
User avatar
jogrebe
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Jun 15th, '
Location: Norristown, PA

Postby Sydney » Mar 14th, '08, 19:38

I went with the spirit of the question, which set them apart as opposing options.
User avatar
Sydney
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Dec 22nd, '
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Postby Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 19:43

padre wrote:I went with the spirit of the question, which set them apart as opposing options.


Oh no...not the whole sub set thing again?
:lol:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Eastree » Mar 14th, '08, 21:31

Tea.

*sips beer*
User avatar
Eastree
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Jul 8th, '0
Location: Submerged in a good cuppa

Postby augie » Mar 14th, '08, 21:48

padre wrote:I am, in fact, scratching my head as to how I contributed to this one.

But.... I just like scratching myself.


I was just thinking that as I read the choices . . . what the heck??? :shock: Maybe we were under the influence? I was wondering what everyone has stopped drinking once they got into tea??? This was interesting too.

I chose water because water is life. If I had one and only one choice it would have to be water -- you can live without the rest. AND, Chip, you need water to make the tea . . . hmmmmm . . . so do the tea choosers get two?

I have had a horrendous week. My power went out Thursday for 16 hours. Had to go to work a mess. We are moving our office anyway, so I just got dirtier. I am exhausted and sore. And my bassett hound has swallowed something that has made her tummy sick. :P I need to sign off and make some houjicha.
User avatar
augie
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Apr 21st, '
Location: Indianapolis IN

Postby Chip » Mar 14th, '08, 23:00

augie wrote:
padre wrote:I am, in fact, scratching my head as to how I contributed to this one.

But.... I just like scratching myself.


I was just thinking that as I read the choices . . . what the heck??? :shock: Maybe we were under the influence? I was wondering what everyone has stopped drinking once they got into tea??? This was interesting too.

I chose water because water is life. If I had one and only one choice it would have to be water -- you can live without the rest. AND, Chip, you need water to make the tea . . . hmmmmm . . . so do the tea choosers get two?

I have had a horrendous week. My power went out Thursday for 16 hours. Had to go to work a mess. We are moving our office anyway, so I just got dirtier. I am exhausted and sore. And my bassett hound has swallowed something that has made her tummy sick. :P I need to sign off and make some houjicha.


I like to keep you guys questioning your sanity...and sobriety.

I hope your Saturday is an improvement, Augie!!!

I am sampling the 4th and last Guricha sent to me by Pentox...from Lupicia. This is a real oddity. A Kabuse (shaded for around a week before harvest) Tamaryokucha from Saga Prefecture Japan.

This has some definate potential, nice dry aroma, nice dry aroma in my preheated kyusu...the flavor was light though. I think it might be better with more leaf. But it is possibly the best of the 4 Pentox sent me.

Hmmm, isn't anyone drinking tea? :shock:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22135
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby tenuki » Mar 14th, '08, 23:38

started with some more of the 2005 green city peak puerh sample from puershop, that isn't gonna last long at this rate.

Now brewing some Den's organic sencha in my new Tokoname pot, both just purchased at Uwajimaya. They had a pretty good selection of Tokoname pots, I was surprised, probably 10 or so. I paid $35 for a very nice basic one so I'm a happy camper. btw, there was a clerk there checking the dates on all the teas while I was there. It made me smile given some of the other horror stories. The Dens I got was 2008 Nov, and it is gooooood. :)
Last edited by tenuki on Mar 15th, '08, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby TimeforTea » Mar 14th, '08, 23:48

Chip wrote:Teasweetie, I added water and placed your vote there...how could I forget water, the number one consumed liquid on the planet. I just took it for granted.


Actually, I really thought I'd be the only one who'd say water over tea! It's embarrassing to admit, but I really like to drink cold glasses of water! I'm a cheap date! :lol:
User avatar
TimeforTea
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 2nd, '0

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation