Saturday must be TeaDay, 3/15/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

You are out to eat, what are you most likely to drink?

Water
55%
Soft drink
9%
Alcoholic beverage
9%
Tea
23%
Coffee
No votes
Fruit Juice
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 47

Mar 15th, '08, 22:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 15th, '08, 22:18

Not a very inspiring TeaDay for me...

And continuing in that lack of enthusiasm...Kuki Houjicha from a few years ago. :roll: I wanted another tea and a full throttle caffeine brew was not an option at 10 PM. This has sat on my TeaDrawer since 2005.

So, this is actually not bad. I might order some of this stuff for evening brewing. Hmm, I wonder if I could make my own with some Karigane I have around here. I don't really want to order 100-200 grams of the stuff.

They say this is very low in caffeine due to its consisting of stems and veins plus being roasted.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 15th, '08, 22:47

by scruffmcgruff » Mar 15th, '08, 22:47

I actually haven't had tea for a couple days, but today I made up for it with two back-to-back senchas; O-Cha's "Hatsumi" and Lupicia's "Chiran Yukatamidori." As it is pertinent to the two teas mentioned, it's time for some blatant self-promotion!

My tasting notes

Or, if you don't want to read it, I'll sum up: they're both quite good!

Mar 15th, '08, 23:20

by jogrebe » Mar 15th, '08, 23:20

When I go out to eat I get water to drink, except for Chinese Buffets where its a cheap but drinkable oolong. I figure if its not going to be a good tea, I'm better off saving my money toward another puerh cake or pound bag of a tea that I really like.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Mar 16th, '08, 01:59
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Mar 16th, '08, 01:59

I answered tea because even if it is made poorly, hot or cold, I still drink tea.

Yeah, what is wrong with me? (don't answer that).

Today I've had a sore throat and have been drinking chocolate tea.

Sigh.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Mar 16th, '08, 02:09

by Space Samurai » Mar 16th, '08, 02:09

scruffmcgruff wrote: it's time for some blatant self-promotion!
oooh, me too.

I had two rounds of this Rishi Kukicha today:

http://anotherteablog.blogspot.com/2008 ... kicha.html

I had some Uji matcha from Matcha Source earlier, and now I think I'm going to drink something black.

Poll:

Mar 16th, '08, 03:05

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 16th, '08, 03:05

Chip wrote: Even the Asian restuarants around here cannot brew tea...they do not seem to make the effort.

Sounds like a great idea, Cinnamon Kitty...Green Tea Day...practice for Monday, St Patty's Day.
The two Asian Restaurants I like to go to actually have pretty good tea. The one by college is a Mongolian Buffet that includes a sushi bar with the price of the buffet. It is less than $10 for the dinner buffet and has free hot tea. I don't know what kind of tea it is, as I generally forget to ask, but it tastes like typical Chinese restaurant tea. The other place is a higher class hibatchi grill restaurant. Their food is absolutely incredible and they always give tea for desert.

That is a great idea, Chip! I didn't even connect the idea of Green Tea with St. Patrick's Day. It makes perfect sense though. A holiday that is associated with the color green definitely requires Green Tea. Now I have a tea plan until Monday!

My Teaday was not overly productive as I only got through two teas, but it was delicious. After the Fuka-Midori was finished, I switched to the Fukamushi-Maki. The need to finish up the teas I got from Den's is going to make the next week or so quite enjoyable.

Mar 16th, '08, 03:26

by Chip » Mar 16th, '08, 03:26

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:The need to finish up the teas I got from Den's is going to make the next week or so quite enjoyable.
Sounds like a most pleasant task indeed!!! Let me know if you need any help.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!