SunDay--->TeaDay, 3/30/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Teasanes!!! Today, it is Tisanes' turn. Do you drink tisanes, love them, like them, or steer clear of herbal concoctions?

I love herbal tisanes and drink them most days...all day
2%
I really like tisanes and have them virtually everyday
4%
I like tisanes and have them more days than not
26%
I have had tisanes and want to learn and try more
9%
I have tried tisanes but they are not my cup of tea
30%
I have not tried tisanes, but they are on my short list to try
No votes
I have not tried concoctions and do not plan to any time soon
11%
I am a witch and concoct herbal witch's brew all the time
4%
Other
15%

Total votes: 47

Mar 30th, '08, 17:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Mar 30th, '08, 17:29

Victoria, that sounds really good. It is a darker or greener oolong?

:)

Mar 30th, '08, 18:25

by RussianSoul » Mar 30th, '08, 18:25

I neither like tisanes nor dislike them, they are OK. I drink them from time to time as a part of my evening repertoire of caffeine free drinks: decafs (yuk!), spent leaf from the day (ok), fruit brews (I can live with them). So I chose "I am a witch" :twisted:

Drinking Fukamushi Special after a day of shopping for a prom dress for my daughter. Both were successful: we got the dress and this sencha is delicious.

Mar 30th, '08, 18:28

by auggy » Mar 30th, '08, 18:28

Not my cup of tea personally. Sometimes I'll use a little in a blend when making DH's iced tea (he goes through about a gallon every 3 or 4 days in summer so I have to get creative so he doesn't get bored with the same old same old). But drinking them straight? Not a fan.

Pouchong today for me.

Victoria, I agree w/ CynTEAa. Sounds yummy! Tell us more! :D

Mar 30th, '08, 18:29

by Victoria » Mar 30th, '08, 18:29

CynTEAa wrote:Victoria, that sounds really good. It is a darker or greener oolong?
:)
It's a mid range to darker oolong, I'm so impressed I'm writing up a review.
Coming soon to an oolong forum near you.

Mar 30th, '08, 18:39

by Ron Gilmour » Mar 30th, '08, 18:39

I like tisanes well enough, I guess, but they don't inspire anything like the passion that I have for tea. Mostly I drink tisanes in the evening when I want to avoid caffeine. I tend to stick to the plain stuff like peppermint and chamomile.

Mar 30th, '08, 18:42

by Sam. » Mar 30th, '08, 18:42

I enjoy tisanes but I do drink tea more often. I like tisanes with chamomile or spear/peppermint and I drink rooibos on a regular basis as well. I'd like to try some other interesting tisanes.

Mar 30th, '08, 19:00

by JM » Mar 30th, '08, 19:00

Rooibos is a tisane, right? I drink three or four cups a day.

Mar 30th, '08, 19:05

by scruffmcgruff » Mar 30th, '08, 19:05

Hey all, I just wanted to spread the word about a little competition I have going on. There are three packages of teas and teawares here being given away for free to newbies, and I wanted to let as many people get in on the offer as possible; TeaDay seemed like a good place to advertise. (Plus, this way, I get to inflate my ego even more! :D )

I would especially like to encourage gyokuro lovers to check out the "yellow" package; there is no competition for this one (as of this posting), so you have a pretty good chance of winning.

Mar 30th, '08, 20:22

by Chip » Mar 30th, '08, 20:22

Good idea Scruff.

Cruised through Legend Oolong from V...still have some lowwww caffeine steeps for later.

Now enjoying Daily Sencha...pan fired...yummm.

So V, I am surprised you are enjoying this oolong since you did not like the other orange oolong you had. How does this differ....is it more floral scented as the name implies?

Mar 30th, '08, 20:33

by Victoria » Mar 30th, '08, 20:33

Chip wrote: ... So V, I am surprised you are enjoying this oolong since you did not like the other orange oolong you had. How does this differ....is it more floral scented as the name implies?
Actually is it much less floral scented. And in this case, less is more.
I wrote a review here:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=4896

On my third steep, and still very nice.

Mar 30th, '08, 20:58

by daughteroftheKing » Mar 30th, '08, 20:58

Peppermint, lavender, rosebuds, stevia leaves, and chamomile are all staples in my tea cabinets, but I hardly drink any of them alone because I like the flavor they add to tea. Even got a sample tin of Adagio's Mango Melange recently in order to add it to whites and greens.
My tea obsession has led to mad alchemy. :o
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Mar 30th, '08, 22:17

by augie » Mar 30th, '08, 22:17

Space Samurai wrote: I had a customer ask me for corn tea today. CORN. She didn't like my suggestion that she just eat some corn and be done with it.
Diverticulitis! :shock:

Other than Rooibos, I just don't understand the whole mint, chammo, etc . . .

But there are some who don't understand Pu Ehr. And I can't understand that. :wink:

Mar 30th, '08, 22:52

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 30th, '08, 22:52

My Fukamushi-Maki just didn't taste as good as it normally does today. It was bland instead of full-bodied. Maybe I didn't use enough leaf, though I had at least a teaspoon and a half for 9 to 10oz of water. I made up for it by making some Sencha Fuka-Midori. It tastes more like it should, which makes me happy. I finished off the bag of it like I've been trying to do. It was a good tea, but I really need to finish off some of the open bags and tins before I get more greens. Off to the second steep!

Mar 30th, '08, 23:01

by Space Samurai » Mar 30th, '08, 23:01

I am staying overnight in San Antonio for a funeral.

I bought some "Green Tea" RTD at a grocery store. Looks like it came from China. Filling a little ill now....

As the night goes on, we'll see if I get desperate enough to try the Lipton bags. :roll:

Mar 30th, '08, 23:39

by motokochan » Mar 30th, '08, 23:39

I remember when I didn't understand the distinction between tea and a tisane. Of course, I didn't even know the word "tisane".

They are okay, in general. Sometimes you can find some really interesting tastes, and they work well for late night when you need something hot to drink but don't want the caffeine.

Today, I used my new flowering tea that I purchased a few weeks ago. It was part of a set with a nice teapot I found at Target.