SATURDAZE, TeaDaze, 4/05/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Dream vacation/journey, would it include TEA?

Yes, a trip to high mountain Chinese tea plantations would be a dream come true
12%
Yes, a trip to nose bleed height Taiwan oolong plantations would be a trip of a lifetime
8%
Yes, Take me to tea plantations of Japan as a focal point of my dream trip
24%
Yes, take me to the Himalayas to see Darjeeling plantations PLEEZE
4%
Yes, Assam is my dream destination
No votes
Eh, I hear there is a new plantation in Hawaii...I would rather go there
8%
No, just give me tea bags aboard a luxery cruise ship
2%
No, tea would not be a focus of my dream vacation
24%
Other
16%

Total votes: 49

Apr 5th, '08, 13:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 5th, '08, 13:03

TeaJourneys would be in my top 10 dream vacations...though it would be more of a journey vs a vacation. China would likely be my first tea journey choice followed by Japan. But I am also simply very interested in Asia, so it is hard to say what the journey would be all about. There is so much to see and do there.

My current fav first tea of the day...Fukamushi Superior is in my cup. Soupy and delicious!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 5th, '08, 14:04

by Victoria » Apr 5th, '08, 14:04

Ahhhh well give me Paris with a balcony view of the Eiffel Tower and some Li Shan Oolong in my French press. It's all about romance, perfume and tea.

My second cup - my lovely Orange Blossom Oolong from NM Tea Co.

Apr 5th, '08, 14:15

by devites » Apr 5th, '08, 14:15

Teasweetie wrote:My dream vacation would be somewhere in Europe...perhaps Italy. Wherever I did go, I would be sure to pack tea along with me. That being said, I choose other. I'm still too new to tea to say that it would be part of my dream vacation. However, if I were to include tea as part of my dream vacation, I would definitely take a trip to China or Japan.

This morning I am drinking a sample of champagne oolong. It's a darker oolong than the ones I have tried. It has a very deep flavor without any bitterness.
Italy is amazing. This summer I am going to Spain maybe Morocco as well, and me and my dad are planning a China/Japan tea trip. Gosh I am spoiled.

Apr 5th, '08, 14:21

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 5th, '08, 14:21

augie wrote:I would go somewhere i could see penguins.
Penguins are awesome! We went to the zoo the other day and the penguins were out in there exhibit swimming and playing in the water. They would come up to the glass to look at us and were chasing our fingers in circles. It was great!

I've always wanted to go to Japan actually. If I ever went there, of course there would be tea involved though I wouldn't be going there just for tea. For an actual dream vacation, I am not really sure where I would go. All I know is that I don't like overly hot weather or high humidity, so it would be some place cooler where I could relax and de-stress.

My first tea of the day is White Tip Oolong. I really enjoy the smooth taste of it. It is not quite a valid replacement for the three senchas that I ran out of it in the past week, but it will have to do until shincha. The flavored senchas that I have are decent, but they are not as good as a plain, unflavored sencha.

Apr 5th, '08, 15:37

by Sam. » Apr 5th, '08, 15:37

I said yes just because I'd love to travel to Japan and I wouldn't mind visiting some tea-sites while I was there. There's plenty of other places I'd love to travel though that probably wouldn't include tea, beyond drinking it of course!

Apr 5th, '08, 16:53

by JM » Apr 5th, '08, 16:53

Land of the Rising Sun, OSU!

Apr 5th, '08, 17:13

by tenuki » Apr 5th, '08, 17:13

Tea is just one of the reason I'm planning to visit Japan, Taiwan, India and China one of these years. (Go, Aikido, Language, etc are the others) Working on managing a trip to India this year via work, we'll see how that pans out.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 5th, '08, 18:10

by Chip » Apr 5th, '08, 18:10

Saturday on TeaDay is slow so far...I guess everyone gave up TEA.

I moved onto Wu Ling Taiwan oolong. Frustrating...I am trying to enjoy a nice oolong and life just kept interupting. Life should stop for tea...let it pass through...and then continue on.

I will have a few steeps left of that for tonight, but for now, I need a new tea. Don't know what yet and won't til I see it. I will stare at my teas for a few minutes til I finally decide. Deciding finally under the duress of the shutting off of my electric kettle...pressure, pressure pressure... :shock:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 5th, '08, 19:04

by auggy » Apr 5th, '08, 19:04

Today's tea is looking much better than it did this morning. After the medicinal cherry green, I had a lovely jasmine green. Probably not very much a "quality" tea but still yummy. Then I got my Adagio order in! YAY! Had some sencha premier. Ah, lovely!

Now I've just finished up w/ some yard work (including cutting the cord to the hedge trimmers - oops) so gotta figure what I'm going to have next. Needs to be something that goes well with rosemary. I was cutting back the rosemary bushes so now that's all I can smell.

Apr 5th, '08, 19:08

by Victoria » Apr 5th, '08, 19:08

Life should stop for tea. I agree. Too many interuptions.

Well I just had two steeps of an excellent Chinese Green that was so oolong-ish it fooled me. Absolutely lovely. This is High Mountain Green organic green from NM Tea Co.

Apr 5th, '08, 19:53

by RussianSoul » Apr 5th, '08, 19:53

Life absolutely should stop for tea. It once did.

I would love to journey to Far East and India, but tea is only one of my many points of interest in that region. Zen Buddhism, bonsai growing, wabi concept just to name a few for Japan. Then there's Buddha's birthplace, yogic teachings, architecture and cuisine of India. Then there is the natural beauty of China, her art and history. And of course I would visit tea estates and tea houses, no question.

I will bring tea with me, and will buy locally too, but it would not be a sole reason for going. So I chose "other".

Silver Needles is in my cup. It's the second steep and I dropped 2 Jasmine pearls into the pot to jazz it up a bit - very pleased with the result.

Apr 5th, '08, 20:00

by trent » Apr 5th, '08, 20:00

Mighty Leaf mini pu-erh toucha w/ rose, actually pretty good.

Apr 5th, '08, 21:33

by tenuki » Apr 5th, '08, 21:33

Vic and Chip: Isn't tea part of life? It sounds like your problems are more related to _you_ not stopping for tea. ;)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 5th, '08, 22:34

by Chip » Apr 5th, '08, 22:34

Touche...which is why I call you Master tenuki...my mind just went through a huge adjustment and now I can't think straight

I see a TD TeaPoll in this somewhere...
Last edited by Chip on Jul 6th, '09, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 5th, '08, 22:42

by Victoria » Apr 5th, '08, 22:42

Hummmm heavy.