Sunnyday, TeaDay, 4/06/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Bamboo Forest wants to know, where is your favorite place to enjoy TEA?

Outside, in the garden
14%
In the car
No votes
In my kitchen with all my teawares close at hand
2%
Near my computer
11%
In a comfy chair in my home, yet away from it all
30%
In my dorm room...or college apartment
2%
At my desk
4%
In the "Bamboo Forest"
2%
The physical location is not so important, it is the state of mind...where my mind is...that is important
30%
Other
5%

Total votes: 56

Apr 6th, '08, 11:37

by TimeforTea » Apr 6th, '08, 11:37

I do agree that the physical location is not so important-- it is the state of mind that is important. I enjoy tea wherever I am drinking it.

However, my favorite place to drink tea would be curled up on my papasan chair with a good book, soft blanket, warm breeze from an open window, soft music playing in the background, and my dogs sleeping peacefully on their beds.

This morning, I had gyokuro in my cup. Perhaps I will brew some jasmine in the afternoon, and will end the day with foxtrot.

Apr 6th, '08, 11:46

by olivierco » Apr 6th, '08, 11:46

This afternoon Keemun and Uji Gyokuro "Yume no Ukihashi". I brewed it 1gr leaves/oz water but it was too weak.

Apr 6th, '08, 13:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 6th, '08, 13:12

Trioxin wrote:Currently wearing Ava Luxe - Black Tea edp
GalileosDaughter wrote:Wearing L'Artisan Vanilia ... You've inspired me to put on some Ava Luxe Red Tara this evening.
Victoria wrote:so again today: L'Erbolario Te Verde.
Hey, am I in the right forum? I was planning on just going around in my natural scent (and you don't want to know what that is!), but I decided to join the ladies and dab on a little Hijo de Puta by Finocchio.

(me\bows head reverentially) So sorry to hear of Bambooforest's passing - and just before his beloved shincha. It must be all the green tea that done him in. Course, knowing Ed, he was probably referring to passing gas, not passing on. At least the concept of flatulence is in keeping with today's secondary theme: scents.

Apr 6th, '08, 13:53
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Apr 6th, '08, 13:53

I usually drink tea all day which means I'm usually in my office and usually by my computer. But I also have tea with meals and when watching TV or sitting in a favorite chair.

This morning,I started with my old favorite, chocolate tea. But I'm thinking I'll probably have Assam or something else a bit later. Lately, I've been having rooisbos tea at night
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Apr 6th, '08, 14:09

by Trioxin » Apr 6th, '08, 14:09

Salsero wrote:
Hey, am I in the right forum? I was planning on just going around in my natural scent (and you don't want to know what that is!), but I decided to join the ladies and dab on a little Hijo de Puta by Finocchio.
Ladies.... and gentlemen

Apr 6th, '08, 14:16

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 6th, '08, 14:16

I don't really have a favorite place to drink tea at. Tea just tends to go almost every where with me. I drink tea while at class, in my dorm doing work, or with meals. I do like curling up in my over stuffed green leather chair at home with tea, a book, and one of my cats on my lap, but I also like doing the same at school in my collapsible round chair, though without a lap cat.

My first tea of the day is Victoria's Blend.

Apr 6th, '08, 14:27

by tenuki » Apr 6th, '08, 14:27

Here (garden):

Or Here (living room):

And sometimes the kitchen, which overlooks the garden.

Apr 6th, '08, 14:54

by greenisgood » Apr 6th, '08, 14:54

I try to spend about a half hour every afternoon drinking sencha and looking out the window (or outside if it's nice out) in a good chair. Since it's my daily ritual I have been amazed at how relaxed it makes me no matter what else is going on.

I think I will gaiwan some da hong pao for my first real tea of the day.

Apr 6th, '08, 14:55

by Chip » Apr 6th, '08, 14:55

Eu De Fukamushi dabbed on my wrists and neck...gives me a nice green complexion...and makes me smell like I was mowing grass :shock:

This is a really tough question...I must retreat through the Bamboo Forest ascend Mt Fiji to the TeaCave and consider this.

I do not know if I can answer this question. While enjoying tea is a state of mind for me...focus, I do go to the same places time and time again. The kitchen at my butcher block table is where I brew, drink and enjoy tea possibly the most, yet in front of the computer is close behind. I will often take a pot out to the garden as well.

Fukamushi from Kagoshima is in my cup today. I have had pretty many pots of this fuka and have before today resisted the 150* brewing recommendation from Rishi on the bag (just seemed sooo wrong)...today I tried it this low and will never again. This temp is simply wrong wrong wrong. I plan to tell them this as well. I have not been able to stir life into subsequent steeps either...a most unsatisfactory session.

So, it is 3 PM and I feel most deprived of a good cup...I must remedy this condition quickly.

Apr 6th, '08, 15:56

by scotty X » Apr 6th, '08, 15:56

as long as tea is with me, almost any place can become a favorite once TeaMind takes over.

i love to have tea while traveling, whether that's by foot, car, bike, train, or plane, and i especially like to have tea outdoors, generally preferring water and/or big sky to gardens and forests.

but those occasions are all too rare, so generally i most enjoy chilling in my breakfast nook, where i can look out at the blooming dogwoods, or my back steps, where i can overlook the garden of sprouting vegetables. and of course i drink tons of tea at work (bakery and restaurant), where i particularly enjoy zoning out and re-centering myself over my tea after we've had a rush.

it took a while to get my teaday started today, but i finally got into some Sikkim that i didn't know i still had, and now i'm finishing a pot of da hong pao that accompanied my french toast.

Apr 6th, '08, 16:40

by Victoria » Apr 6th, '08, 16:40

Chip wrote: I do not know if I can answer this question. While enjoying tea is a state of mind for me...focus, I do go to the same places time and time again. The kitchen at my butcher block table is where I brew, drink and enjoy tea possibly the most, yet in front of the computer is close behind. I will often take a pot out to the garden as well.
I feel the same way and have yet to vote. For me it is I guess foremost a state of mind, a moment to relax and enjoy the tea no matter the location. But yes I have favorite locations in my home. One of which is right here in my loft, overlooking the whole house. I have a large desk with my computer here. When it is warm, I adore sitting ouside in my back yard enjoying the flowers and watching the hummingbirds.

And as for right now - I need more tea!

Apr 6th, '08, 18:03

by bambooforest » Apr 6th, '08, 18:03

In case anyone's wondering, I voted in the bamboo forest since I have an affinity for this environment :]

That being said, I can think of no place more ideal than that of being outside in general. Whether it's in the midst of an extravagant garden, or merely in a beautiful yard with an old tree... Outside is the place for me!

Where I live I don't have such an opportunity at this time. Even a humble balcony would be stupendous.

I will say this, in the morning for my first steep, I always try to have it at my tea table, and not in front of the computer! I want to immerse myself in the cup, not having my attention distracted by the silly computer. After my first cup of the day I usually go and engage my meditation practice.

Anyways, I think tea and nature are very complementary. Tea is nature and nature is tea.

Apr 6th, '08, 18:30

by trent » Apr 6th, '08, 18:30

I always like to relax with a gong fu session on my deck, or sitting in the grass and looking at some bamboo 8). I used to casually drink tea in front of my computer quite a bit, but lately I've been trying to avoid doing so.

In my cup today:
- indonique dragonwell
- sencha from my friends grandpa's farm

Apr 6th, '08, 19:20

by auggy » Apr 6th, '08, 19:20

I'll drink tea anywhere, but my favorite place to drink it is sitting on my couch right after I get home from work. I sip while checking my email and whatnot and can feel myself relax.

Today I started off with yunan gold - very good for a black tea so thanks for the rec! I still like the natural sweetness of greens and oolongs so I don't think I'll be a big black fan, but I do like how smooth this one is.

Currently I've got some kukicha going. Yum.

Apr 6th, '08, 19:43

by Chip » Apr 6th, '08, 19:43

Had some Long Jing...TeaSpring LJ seems to be more to the liking of Chinese than American palates. Lighter, more veggie floral. Americans seem to prefer the more nutty earthier LJs, which are actually considered lower quality and cheaper.

I need some Japanese green about now...