Sunnyday, TeaDay, 4/06/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Bamboo Forest wants to know, where is your favorite place to enjoy TEA?

Outside, in the garden
14%
In the car
No votes
In my kitchen with all my teawares close at hand
2%
Near my computer
11%
In a comfy chair in my home, yet away from it all
30%
In my dorm room...or college apartment
2%
At my desk
4%
In the "Bamboo Forest"
2%
The physical location is not so important, it is the state of mind...where my mind is...that is important
30%
Other
5%

Total votes: 56

Apr 6th, '08, 22:15

by Katrina » Apr 6th, '08, 22:15

My favorite place is anywhere I can finish the cup before it grows cold. With two toddlers that doesn't happen very often!

Today I've been trying some Good Earth white and green teas. So so. Nothing fantastic. Yesterday I had a decent Blue Flower Earl Grey from MEM Imports.

Apr 6th, '08, 22:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 6th, '08, 22:53

teapages wrote:My favorite place is anywhere I can finish the cup before it grows cold. With two toddlers that doesn't happen very often!

Today I've been trying some Good Earth white and green teas. So so. Nothing fantastic. Yesterday I had a decent Blue Flower Earl Grey from MEM Imports.
Nice to "meet you, teapages!!!" :wink: ..again...

So...Sencha/Gyokuro Karigane in my cup this evening...this is like soup, quite full flavored and brothy. I am growing to really like this selection.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 6th, '08, 23:15

by henley » Apr 6th, '08, 23:15

teapages wrote:My favorite place is anywhere I can finish the cup before it grows cold. With two toddlers that doesn't happen very often!
I understand completely. Hubby & I shared a small pot of formosa oolong after the kids went to sleep. A hot cuppa tea is such a nice way to end the day.

Apr 7th, '08, 01:08

by Victoria » Apr 7th, '08, 01:08

Finishing the day with more of last night's Heirloom Flowers.
Tea made frrom tea flowers.
Very nice!

Apr 7th, '08, 01:14

by Chip » Apr 7th, '08, 01:14

Victoria wrote:Finishing the day with more of last night's Heirloom Flowers.
Tea made frrom tea flowers.
Very nice!
Yeah, I have to agree. Very Nice! I should have a cup tomorrow...it has been a while. These are actual Camelia sinenis flowers that are reported to be lower in caffeine than leaf. I recommend trying them.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 7th, '08, 02:21

by chamekke » Apr 7th, '08, 02:21

Comfy chair, of course! Perfect for both the enjoyment of tea and ruthless interrogation by the Spanish Inquisition.

For me, contentment = (comfy chair AND cup of tea) AND (good book OR favourite CD)

I'm currently enjoying some Japanese sencha, given to me by my tea teacher. The original 100-gram package doesn't have any English on it, and my command of kanji is dreadful, so all I can tell you is that it reads something like this: something-something Kiri something no Ocha. Any ideas?

P.S. Ha, I googled the phone number on the back of the package, and found the company. This is the tea - it's called Hoshino Kiri - a sencha first flush:

http://www.hoshitea.com/?pid=2502139