SuNDaY TeaDaY 4/13/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Have you sent and/or received Tea samples to other TeaChatters...or would you like to do so?

Yes, I have sent and received tea samples
36%
Yes, I have sent tea samples
5%
Yes, I have received tea samples
7%
No, I have not sent or received tea samples, but I would like to
30%
No, I have not sent or received tea samples
21%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 56

Apr 13th, '08, 13:35

by greenisgood » Apr 13th, '08, 13:35

Speaking of Darjeelings, I had a really good atumnal flush Margaret's Hope yesterday. I agree with whoever said a few days ago that they like non-first flush Darjeelings more.

Having some Mist on the Gorges brewed in a glass, it sinks well.

Apr 13th, '08, 14:07

by eponine454 » Apr 13th, '08, 14:07

I started my day with my first sample of Irish Breakfast. It was a nice normal tea and my husband has decided it would make a nice iced tea. (He likes plain iced tea and hot tea to be plain and "taste like tea.")

Now I'm getting ready to have another cuppa Irish Breakfast but with a ginger twist. More experimentation and I'm having so much fun!

I think later this evening I'll try out the Green Citron.
I'm learning about tea....and enjoying it!

Apr 13th, '08, 14:12

by olivierco » Apr 13th, '08, 14:12

greenisgood wrote:Speaking of Darjeelings, I had a really good atumnal flush Margaret's Hope yesterday. I agree with whoever said a few days ago that they like non-first flush Darjeelings more.

Some Darjeeling Second flush are indeed very good.
I particularly enjoyed this summer Darjeeling Puttabong Muscatel.

Some Xue Ha (Chinese green) this afternoon.
Last edited by olivierco on Apr 13th, '08, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 13th, '08, 14:13

by Beidao » Apr 13th, '08, 14:13

Next cup will be Sencha, my first ever. Earlier today I've had Bai Mu Dan, Yunnan and Darjeeling. Both Yunnan and Darjeeling were also my first ones. Discovery day!
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Apr 13th, '08, 14:50

by RussianSoul » Apr 13th, '08, 14:50

Da Hong Pao from TeaSpring is in my cup. Beautiful tea! It's the forth infusion and probably the last, as it mellowed down to an aromatic tea water, still tasty however.

Yes, I exchanged samples with one person. Here, looking at you, V. :D ! It was most gratifying. I am loving the TKY she sent and have already bought more of it.

In fact this poll reminded me to ask permission to put up some samples for swap.

Apr 13th, '08, 14:59
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 13th, '08, 14:59

Beidao wrote:Next cup will be Sencha, my first ever. Earlier today I've had Bai Mu Dan, Yunnan and Darjeeling. Both Yunnan and Darjeeling were also my first ones. Discovery day!
Tea is a journey of discovery. I will look forward to hearing about your first ever sencha! Sencha is my current favorite. BTW, I tried your blog link, but it did not work yesterday, said it did not exist. Maybe you have a tpo in your profile?

Tea samples are fun, I have to trust and pretty well know who I am swapping with. Tea peeps are generally good people, so it is not difficult finding members to swap with.

I would think sharing a brewed sample with each other at the same time would be very nice. Like sharing a cup with each other ...

Fukamushi Kagoshima, 5th steep...sweeet...

Going through a very long list of new member applicants. Over 40 came in in 6 hours. Most are simply "bot" applicants, many are spmmers, maybe 3 in the bunch will be legit. It is a necessary process right now in order to take back the forum from some rather nasty spammers the forum has been bombarded by lately!

Apr 13th, '08, 15:17

by Victoria » Apr 13th, '08, 15:17

Thanks Chip, you Mods are doing a great job! We appreciate the extra work required to keep us spam free!

I over brewed my steep, something I have rarely ever done. This is a lost cause and I must start again. Darn, and it was good stuff too!

As for swapping samples, yes I love sending and receiving. Spread the tea love I say!

Apr 13th, '08, 16:22

by olivierco » Apr 13th, '08, 16:22

After cold brewed gyokuro this afternoon, I have just tried cold brewed sencha with Kaboku Sencha (Ippodo).
I need to adjust the steeping times, but it has been great (and stronger than normal brewed sencha).

Apr 13th, '08, 16:54

by henley » Apr 13th, '08, 16:54

Enjoyed my sample of oolong #40 w/bfast this morning. I need to drink more tea & faster so I can justify placing an order. Too many teas in the drawer right now to add more.

Haven't done in online sharing but there's 4 girlfriends with whom I share tea. It's a nice way to introduce a new discovery or try something new w/o having to place an order. It's always fun to get everybody's opinions because taste is so subjective.

Apr 13th, '08, 17:32

by Chip » Apr 13th, '08, 17:32

The samples are a great way to try something that I really do not want to commit to 50-112 grams. While many teas I try, I am very willing to do this based on a various experiences. But sometimes 10-20 grams is perfect.

Long Jing...just an everyday version...always nice and uncomplicated.

Then I had some of a pu-erh sample I have had for a while. Menghai V93. This is a practice run for several pu-erh samples I received from Brandon. It has been many moons sice I had Pu-erh and just felt a little practice might be a good idea.

I have to say, I might poke fun occasionally at our black sheep pu-heads, but I do like pu-erh in my very limited experience with it. It is so intriguing, mysterious, enigmatic. And it really captures my imagination whenever I have some. I feel a little adventurous each time I have it.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 13th, '08, 18:05

tea exchange

by jim109 » Apr 13th, '08, 18:05

No, I am too new and wouldn't know how to go about it. Had Yunnan gold this am and then Dragonwell with toast. Considering something called Xu Fu Long Ya, which I ordered randomly for this evening.

Apr 13th, '08, 18:18

Re: tea exchange

by Chip » Apr 13th, '08, 18:18

jim109 wrote:No, I am too new and wouldn't know how to go about it. Had Yunnan gold this am and then Dragonwell with toast. Considering something called Xu Fu Long Ya, which I ordered randomly for this evening.
If memory serves me right, Xu Fu Long Ya is pretty premo random tea...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 13th, '08, 18:42

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 13th, '08, 18:42

Sharing samples lets me try teas I might not have bought on my own and I get to share my discoveries with others.

Today I did 3 steeps of Darjeeling #22, and will probably go into the evening with something non-caffeine like mint & chamomile.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 13th, '08, 20:07

by Aphroditea » Apr 13th, '08, 20:07

[quote="Beanbean"]I haven't but my husband already thinks our kitchen is overrun with tea so I'm not sure how well he'd take having [i]more[/i] tea hanging about!
[/quote]

Mine is the same way!! He reorganized the kitchen this weekend (no idea why, but hey) and while I was doing my homework he yells across the house "What do you need 40 teas for? 40!" I yelled back "Variety!" His reply, "Is there such a thing as too much variety?" "Uhm...no."

I hate to tell him that I have been socking away points from my blends and am about to make a big order soon. Maybe 5 more teas can easily be hidden in my stack of 40. Afterall, where is the best place to hide a tree? A forest!

Apr 13th, '08, 20:17

by augie » Apr 13th, '08, 20:17

Only swapped in person, had not thought about online swaps.

I have traded high fiber recipes, tho! :lol: