Tuuzday, TeaDay, 4/15/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

I guess Spring made me wonder, have your TeaTastes changed since last Spring?

Yes, quite a bit
43%
Yes, somewhat
17%
Yes, actually I am in a state of flux right now...or always
15%
No, not really, I don't think so
13%
No, definitely not
5%
Other
7%

Total votes: 60

Apr 15th, '08, 20:37

change

by jim109 » Apr 15th, '08, 20:37

6-8 cups of coffee a day until I had1 cup of bag tea during the winter and it tasted better. Googled tea and found Adagio, haven't had coffee since. Liked Irish/English breakfast but needed a little honey. Yunnan Gold needs no sweeteners, it is complete as a morning tea for me. Liked Earl Gray a bit too, but Yunnan made me dislike the bergamot.
Got lucky at first with dragonwell and gyokuro, but my brew time/temp must be off now, still trying. Oolong confuses me. Still experimenting! :)

Apr 15th, '08, 21:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 15th, '08, 21:12

Samovar wrote:Last spring I would not even consider drinking green tea. Now that is all that I drink - due to the education that I received from this site.

Now I drink matcha and sencha and occassionally a flavored Chinese green tea.

Samovar
This is profound to say the least...I honestly never thought I would see the day. I am actually not joking about this.

Thing is, the changes I see in everyone are amazing to say the least.

It is really fun to watch. Sometimes I see it as it is just happening and watch the change take place right here on TeaChat. Sometimes I deny the possibility of a change taking place, seems too crazy...then it happens anyway.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 15th, '08, 21:14

Re: change

by Chip » Apr 15th, '08, 21:14

jim109 wrote: Oolong confuses me. Still experimenting! :)
8 years later, Oolong still confuses me, but a little less confusing.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 15th, '08, 23:00

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 15th, '08, 23:00

What a great way to end my Tea Day. The boyfriend is asleep, so it is just me with my headset on, music playing, and the third steep of Bai Mu Dan Wuyi in my mug. It mellowed a lot from the very toasty first steep to a smooth and subtle green pear and honey flavor. Mmmm...

Apr 15th, '08, 23:45

by Salsero » Apr 15th, '08, 23:45

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:The boyfriend is asleep, so it is just me with my headset on, music playing, and the third steep of Bai Mu Dan Wuyi in my mug.
Wanna listen to some records, baby
Seriously, there is nothing better than those times with no distractions, music, and tea. You have painted a lovely picture for us. Thanks so much.

Apr 16th, '08, 00:31

by Trioxin » Apr 16th, '08, 00:31

My tastes have changed a bit. My usual is still black teas, however they've switched from Assams and Ceylons to Darjeelings. Then there is also the addition of Pu-erh that is slowly taking over my life.

Currently I'm about to start brewing some raw Pu and maybe pop a vicodin or two.

Apr 16th, '08, 00:48

by horsencl » Apr 16th, '08, 00:48

It's tea zone white peony for me today. My tea tastes have definately changed since last spring. At that time had just discovered that there was something beyond lipton and tetley black tea bags. Now I drink almost exclusively loose leaf tea, usually green or white. Tea has evolved into an obsession for me.

Apr 16th, '08, 10:14

by LavenderPekoe » Apr 16th, '08, 10:14

My tastes from last spring haven't changed much at all. I still don't really care for greens, but I have found some I can tolerate. I still like flavored teas (which around here, with the exception of a few people, is blaspheme - Chip, you talk about how liking green was a bad thing around here a few years ago, but I feel like I've been kinda pushed out now since I don't). And, I still like blacks and oolongs. I also still hate Jasmin a Keemuns and Yunnans, though. Meh, still the same.
Teas for trade:

Apr 16th, '08, 10:44

by Salsero » Apr 16th, '08, 10:44

LavenderPekoe wrote: Meh, still the same.
And that's just the way we want you, Lav!

Apr 16th, '08, 14:02

by Chip » Apr 16th, '08, 14:02

LavenderPekoe wrote:My tastes from last spring haven't changed much at all. I still don't really care for greens, but I have found some I can tolerate. I still like flavored teas (which around here, with the exception of a few people, is blaspheme - Chip, you talk about how liking green was a bad thing around here a few years ago, but I feel like I've been kinda pushed out now since I don't). And, I still like blacks and oolongs. I also still hate Jasmin a Keemuns and Yunnans, though. Meh, still the same.
Hi LP, I mentioned Japanese greens, not greens in general. I hope you never felt like I was pushing you out??? Funny, back then I felt a little out of the loop, but like you, never gave up on the forum. But certainly some teas will be more popular than others, and it changes over time.

The first and biggest reason I started TeaDay was to create a gathering place for all tea drinkers, non segregated, unlike the rest of the forum. To this end, I am thinking it is successful, after all, you are here, right? :D

Apr 16th, '08, 14:46

by LavenderPekoe » Apr 16th, '08, 14:46

Salsero wrote:And that's just the way we want you, Lav!
Aw, thanks, Sal.

@Chip: No, not you, you are very welcoming. :) See, I don't know much difference in which greens are which, even, or why one would be seen differently from the other.

The funny thing is my husband thinks I am a teasnob, but around here I seem to drink the swill. :oops: Oh, well. I drink what I like and like what I drink.
Teas for trade:

Apr 16th, '08, 15:00

by Chip » Apr 16th, '08, 15:00

LavenderPekoe wrote:
Salsero wrote:And that's just the way we want you, Lav!
Aw, thanks, Sal.

@Chip: No, not you, you are very welcoming. :) See, I don't know much difference in which greens are which, even, or why one would be seen differently from the other.

The funny thing is my husband thinks I am a teasnob, but around here I seem to drink the swill. :oops: Oh, well. I drink what I like and like what I drink.
Awwww, thanx, LP.

One tastes like lawn clippings and one tastes like tree leaves...lol. I am not telling you which is which though...but Tenuki is quick to disclose this bit of info.

And I learned the drink what you like and like what you drink philosphy from Phyl, which is a borrowed wine drinkers philosophy...me thinks!