Thurzzzday TeaDay 4/17/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Silly question, do you like TeaDay?

Yes, I look forward to TeaDay every day
42%
Yes, I like TeaDay
44%
No, I do not like TeaDay
4%
Other
10%

Total votes: 52

Apr 17th, '08, 15:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Apr 17th, '08, 15:42

tenuki wrote:P.S. I actually hang out here: Image - _That_ is where the heart of the party on teachat is.
Then I must be looking in creepily through the window...

Apr 17th, '08, 17:02

by RussianSoul » Apr 17th, '08, 17:02

I like TeaDay. It allowed me, a total outsider, to come in, chat with everybody and feel a part of a community. Thank you Chip and everyone.

Besides, I am nosy and curious what's in other people's plates and cups. I am like that in RL too, looking at others' plates in restaurants. So TeaDay is heavens' sent - I get to learn what's in people's cups!

Harney's Irish Breakfast in the morning. Then Adagio's Oolong #40 - a bit disappointing, I must try more leaf next time. Now Adagio's Dragonwell - not bad, but I had better.

Apr 17th, '08, 17:16

by Katrina » Apr 17th, '08, 17:16

I have liked TeaDay as a way to slowly enter the world of TeaChat. I think what I like best is that it helps to ensure that we don't all just stay in our individual forums focused on our particular obsessions (black, green, oolong, what have you). Since I like a bit of everything it gives me a way to learn about some new things to try.

Today just some Assam from Mark T. Wendell. Just needed a little pick me up.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Apr 17th, '08, 17:35

by Katmandu » Apr 17th, '08, 17:35

I think Teaday is great, and is a good place to get to know other people out there that share our common interest in tea. Not only that, but I find it to be a good place to ask questions and share information that may not be asked or have a place for in the other specific forums, and makes it a nice way to get to know each other. I also like to see what vendors people are buying their tea at and if they are liking it, it helps me to broaden my well, lets just get right down to it, my wallet. :shock:
But off hand I can't think of a healthier alternative of which to spend my money on..the same money that used to buy coffee and ciggarettes-yuck!!! :evil: Now its been about 2 yrs that Ive said good bye to both and am happier and healthier (at least physically-haha) than Ive ever been.
Chip, my hats off to you for the idea and the determination and work you put into our Teadayzzz. Thank you and maybe Adagio can send something your way a little more often :wink: You do a great job.
Today Ive started the day with finishing off my Golden Monkey from Adagio and gone on to drink Silver Needle for the 8th straight day in a row...seems like I cant get enough of it lately!!Yummy! :D Wow sorry for the lengthy message today, wassup with that? :o

Apr 17th, '08, 17:47

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 17th, '08, 17:47

The Thursday T@3 ladies just went through 2 pots of Adagio's Irish Breakfast (with a few rosebuds tossed in for good measure). I guess they like this one!
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 17th, '08, 18:03

by Victoria » Apr 17th, '08, 18:03

Hey dotK, thanks for checking in! We are always wondering what your work gathering "Tea at Three" was like this Thursday.

For me I'm having the second steep of a green oolong Xiang Hua TGY.

Apr 17th, '08, 18:11

by CynTEAa » Apr 17th, '08, 18:11

After my Yunnan morning regime my cup was filled with Oolong #40, which was very nice. This afternoon achieved my green tea goal with a lovely long jing from 2007 harvest sent by a colleague. Still fresh and sweet with a subtle fruitiness that lingered after the signature chestnut notes. Elegantly light cup color. MMMMmmmmm

Very good TeaDay!

Apr 17th, '08, 18:14

by tenuki » Apr 17th, '08, 18:14

scruffmcgruff wrote: Then I must be looking in creepily through the window...

Ha, a fellow Mac user. :D I'll have to try out newsfire for my rss feeds, safari is fast but I don't like the unorganized mess. :)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Apr 17th, '08, 18:14

by RussianSoul » Apr 17th, '08, 18:14

CynTEAa, how do you brew your Oolong #40? I tried it today for the first time and found it disappointing. I did: 1.5 tsp / 11 oz / just off boil / 3 min. Perhaps, different brewing parameters will make it better...

Apr 17th, '08, 18:44

by henley » Apr 17th, '08, 18:44

RussianSoul wrote:CynTEAa, how do you brew your Oolong #40? I tried it today for the first time and found it disappointing. I did: 1.5 tsp / 11 oz / just off boil / 3 min. Perhaps, different brewing parameters will make it better...
I know I'm not who you asked but I've had good luck w/oolongs using boiling water & steep 5-7 min. This has worked well for me w/both Oolong #40 & #8. From what I've been told, the darker oolongs have to been steeped more like black tea.

Now you've got me wanting some. Off to make a pot of #40!

Apr 17th, '08, 19:23

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 19:23

Wu Ling green Oolong from Taiwan...really nice 3 steeps, I will keep the remaining several steeps for later on....

Sooo, now I can start another Japanese tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 17th, '08, 19:26

by RussianSoul » Apr 17th, '08, 19:26

Thank you, henley! I'll try that.

Apr 17th, '08, 20:11

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 20:11

Yikes, I am too scared to brew oolong with boiling water. But i am generally drinking the greener types.

Gokase Kamairicha Guricha...this is good guri from the American twin Pentox.

Before this sampling of 4 Guris from Pentox, I never knew that there were 2 basic types of Guricha...Kamairicha which is more of a Chinese method fired Guri, and the more common Tamaryokucha which is more of a steamed guri. Amazingly the differences are not that drastic.

I am not sure if this info is entirely correct, but the Lupicia site distinguishes between the 2 styles of Guricha.

Apr 17th, '08, 20:47

by bi lew chun » Apr 17th, '08, 20:47

Being a noob here, I'm not totally sure how I feel about it, but at other forums I usually stayed away from the poll threads. Here at least the questions seem to generate decent discussions.

Apr 17th, '08, 21:07

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 21:07

bi lew chun wrote:Being a noob here, I'm not totally sure how I feel about it, but at other forums I usually stayed away from the poll threads. Here at least the questions seem to generate decent discussions.
The questions are simply brilliant... :wink:

Welcome ?Lew? to TeaChat and TeaDay! I hope you share many cups with us...so, what is in your cup today?