Sunday TeaDay 4/20/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How many teas will you drink today?

19%
26%
22%
19%
9%
2%
No votes
4%

Total votes: 54

Apr 20th, '08, 20:58

by Tea Master of VA » Apr 20th, '08, 20:58

The first cup moistens my lips and throat, the second cup breaks my loneliness, the third cup searches my barren entrail but to find therein some five thousand volumes of odd ideographs, the fourth cup raises a slight perspiration,--all the wrong of life passes away though my pores, at the fifth cup i am purified; the sixth cup calls me to the realms of immortals, the seventh cup--ah, but i could take no more! I only feel the breath of cool wind that rises in my sleeves, where is Horaisan? let me ride on this sweet breeze and waft away thither.
-Lotung

I'll go with 6

Apr 20th, '08, 20:58

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 20th, '08, 20:58

Happy Birthday, RussianSoul!
The kyusu is gorgeous!

I am currently on Tea #2 for the day, Adagio's Dragonwell. It is a pleasant surprise after managing to badly brew at least 3 other sample tins of green tea over the past week. The first tea today was three steeps of White Tip Oolong. I should be able to probably get four teas today pending on if I count Rooibos or not. A four tea day is a pretty good day for me.

Apr 20th, '08, 21:15

by trent » Apr 20th, '08, 21:15

Two new teas so far today:
- Rishi - Bao Zhong (my 1st time trying bao zhong)
- Mighty Leaf - Lapsang Souchong (My 1st time trying lapsang. I actually thought it was pretty good once I got past the overly smoky topnote... the body tasted sweet, in a beef jerky kinda way)

Apr 20th, '08, 21:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 20th, '08, 21:26

Tea three is Pu-erh Maiden sample from Brandon. A cooked pu that is mild, sweet and aromatic. Very pleasant.

Going for a 4th...

Apr 20th, '08, 21:32

by daughteroftheKing » Apr 20th, '08, 21:32

An exceptionally low tea day for me - only 1 tea. Two hot cups of my Adagio blend Flintridge Chai this morning, then had it on ice all afternoon.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, RussianSoul!!!
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Apr 20th, '08, 21:33

by Victoria » Apr 20th, '08, 21:33

Having some Kabluey Black tea a friend sent to me. It looks like I won't make my quota today.

Apr 20th, '08, 21:41

by Chip » Apr 20th, '08, 21:41

Victoria wrote:
Chip wrote: It looks like I won't make my quota today.
...looks like you are fired...
Last edited by Chip on May 25th, '09, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 20th, '08, 22:03

by Salsero » Apr 20th, '08, 22:03

Tea Master of VA wrote:I'll go with 6
That's a great translation. I think I have seen only a much inferior version before or I was an inferior version of today's self. Who did this one? Thanks.

Apr 20th, '08, 22:07

by Terrasi » Apr 20th, '08, 22:07

I'm already on 4, I think I'll go for 8 just so I can be the only one choose that option.

In my cup: Lychee black

Apr 20th, '08, 22:22

by auggy » Apr 20th, '08, 22:22

Teasweetie wrote:Auggy wrote:
Shoot, TeaSweetie has about gotten me ready to give citron green another try. Maybe one day when I'm in the mood for Fruity Pebbles.
My husband decided to brew some citron green to make up for the poor ginger peach sample. After reading Auggy's post, we took a strong whiff of the tea. I immediately shouted, "Fruity Pebbles!!!", and my husband shouted out, "Froot Loops!!!" And here, we thought we were being so cultured drinking our tea. :shock: Hmm. I think I'll go brew another cup of citron green...
Yes! :lol: That makes me giggle so much.

I usually do 2 teas a day - morning and evening. Sometimes I end with 3 if I have some at work, but I found that drinking tea at work makes me a bit too relaxed. I'm pretty sure after my last oolong at work, the pastor (I work at a church) thought I was on something a bit stronger than tea. :oops:

Apr 20th, '08, 22:31

by henley » Apr 20th, '08, 22:31

This evening's tea was Adagio's white blueberry. I had to pull the meat thermometer from hubby's BBQ set :oops: to get the water temp right as I normally just wait for the kettle to whistle. The tea was surprisingly good. In fact, when I let my 5 yr old taste it, her face lit up & she polished off what was left in the cup.

It's amazing what the right water temp can do. The only other time I've had white tea it was prepared w/boiling water & didn't taste good so I was hesitant to order this sample. Who knows, I may have to break down & try green tea again...

Apr 20th, '08, 23:42

by Chip » Apr 20th, '08, 23:42

henley wrote:It's amazing what the right water temp can do. The only other time I've had white tea it was prepared w/boiling water & didn't taste good so I was hesitant to order this sample. Who knows, I may have to break down & try green tea again...
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated, buy a scale, kilos of green tea, and you will love it.

EDIT: Finished with a 4th tea...Heirloom TeaFlowers...this tea is manly brew... :wink: This is a really obscure tea, don't know why more tea drinkers have not tried it. It is simply the flowers from the TeaPlant. It is not floral, but has a nice caramel thing going on...

Apr 21st, '08, 09:34

by RussianSoul » Apr 21st, '08, 09:34

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes!

The new kyusu made its maiden voyage yesterday. What I am mostly impressed with is the pour. I thought my tetsubins pour pretty well, one drips just a little, but overall - nice. But now I know from experience what a good pour is. It's fantastic!

I also think there was a difference in taste for my fukamushi brewed in a proper vessel. It could be a wishful thinking or a placebo effect, but I can swear I could taste a difference.