Sunday is TeaDay, 4/27/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Friday's philosophical TeaDay "colloquium" centered upon which tea would you be, today, we get deep again. What teaware would you be?

Teapot
18%
ingenuiTEA or similar
5%
Infuser cup, infuser basket
7%
Teacup
11%
Big mug
2%
Teaspoon or scoop
7%
Digital scale
7%
Kettle
7%
Gaiwan
14%
Tea tin
No votes
Tray
7%
Other
16%

Total votes: 44

Apr 27th, '08, 11:18

by chamekke » Apr 27th, '08, 11:18

I voted Other, for chawan (teabowl).

The teabowl's size and inner dimensions are what they are because its purpose is twofold. It acts as both the mixing bowl (in which the whisk is used for preparing the matcha) and the serving bowl (out of which the mixture is drunk).

The host appreciates the first for its functionality, while the guest loves the second for its beauty and taste.

I am passionate about the marriage of form and function, so... I am a chawan :)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Apr 27th, '08, 11:55

by auggy » Apr 27th, '08, 11:55

I voted cup infuser but yeah, don't really know why.

No tea yet but I set out a white tip earl gray last night so might go with that. Dunno yet.

Apr 27th, '08, 11:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Apr 27th, '08, 11:55

padre wrote:I guess I'd have to be a mouthbrewing device.
Does your new avatar say "spondee," a ritual libation poured on the ground to appease the gods?

I chose thermometer because I am skilled at taking the sublime and turning it into the trivial ... course I mean that in a good way! :lol:

Apr 27th, '08, 11:57
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Apr 27th, '08, 11:57

Salsero wrote:
padre wrote:I guess I'd have to be a mouthbrewing device.
Does your new avatar say "spondee," a ritual libation poured on the ground to appease the gods?
Today's the day for people to show off their Greek-readin' skilz.

Apr 27th, '08, 12:51

by Wesli » Apr 27th, '08, 12:51

I'm a little kettle, short and stout.
Here is my handle. Here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout.
Tip me over and pour me out.

Apr 27th, '08, 13:03

by TimeforTea » Apr 27th, '08, 13:03

I would definitely be a tea cup.

This morning, I am drinking white tip oolong for the first time.

Apr 27th, '08, 13:32

by Katrina » Apr 27th, '08, 13:32

witches brew wrote:At least in my professional life, I would be a tea tray. The one that holds the project together, being sure everyone is present to do their bit, and the one who catches the spills and keeps them from doing any harm.
I laughed...and agreed whole heartedly. I would add that its because I sometimes feel like I spend the whole day in hot water.

Today I've had Okayti Autumn Darjeeling in my cup and a Vanilla black tea. I think I need something light this afternoon...
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Apr 27th, '08, 14:00

by bambooforest » Apr 27th, '08, 14:00

I would be a kettle. But, not just any ordinary kettle. Try, a beautiful copper kettle that will last and last.

A kettle because I would feel like I'm making monumental contributions to the lives of others. Think about it: water from me is, day after day, being poured onto the fresh tea leaves of others...

Who would we be without tea in the morning?

I would be an altruistic little kettle, I would be.

Apr 27th, '08, 14:08

by Cinnamon Kitty » Apr 27th, '08, 14:08

I would be a teacup: small, but well liked and reliable.

Today's tea is a White Peach sample that I got from Teasweetie. I added a little bit of sugar as it was suggested and it came out wonderful. I'm very impressed with this tea.

Apr 27th, '08, 14:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 27th, '08, 14:32

Clearly a kyusu...this is where the action is. Preheated, leaf in, aroma released, hot water in, flavor released, more aroma released. Plus it is form and function...and really quite handsome! :wink: Kyusu makes all the women smile.

Coming to the end of this Sencha Gyo Blend, then what??? I still have a few tricks left til shincha but they are getting fewer and fewer.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 27th, '08, 14:40

by olivierco » Apr 27th, '08, 14:40

I eventually made my 2008 harvest Darjeeling order: Phuguri, Singbulli and Puttabong (Palais des Thés).

Namring S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 (Mariage Frères) right now. I think I will have to order another package soon.

Apr 27th, '08, 16:44

by omegapd » Apr 27th, '08, 16:44

Teasweetie wrote:
This morning, I am drinking white tip oolong for the first time.
My wife and I did our Sunday lunch tea ritual with White Tip today. I like it pretty well although it won't replace anything else in my rotation. She felt the same way, so once my sample is gone I doubt it'll be a re-order. How did you like it? I've found out that some sweetener brings out the natural peach flavors quite a bit more but it's good either way...

Got some Adagio's Rum in my little pot now.

EW

Apr 27th, '08, 18:32

by TimeforTea » Apr 27th, '08, 18:32

omegapd wrote:My wife and I did our Sunday lunch tea ritual with White Tip today. I like it pretty well although it won't replace anything else in my rotation. She felt the same way, so once my sample is gone I doubt it'll be a re-order. How did you like it? I've found out that some sweetener brings out the natural peach flavors quite a bit more but it's good either way... EW
Hey, EW! How much white tip oolong did you use?? I tried using my scale, but it amounted to so much more leaf than the typical teaspoon. I'm not sure I liked it. It just didn't seem to have much of a taste for me. I didn't taste any peach. I still have some sitting in my infuser--perhaps I'll try again with less (soggy) leaf and some agave nectar. Thanks for the tip. I look forward to hearing how you brewed it, too. Cinnamon Kitty and Victoria, feel free to chime in, too!

Apr 27th, '08, 18:51

by henley » Apr 27th, '08, 18:51

I would be an English style cup & saucer... feminine looking on the outside yet tough enough to stand up to hot water.

No tea yet as it's been a busy day. :( Plan on chilling out w/a cuppa oolong #8 soon.

Apr 27th, '08, 20:33

teaday

by jim109 » Apr 27th, '08, 20:33

Woke up with Superior Golden Yunnan, then toast with Xu Fu Long Ya! Always like my toast with green tea!! Jim