Tuesday's TeaDay 4/29/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Chamekke is being a little nosey. She wants to know where do all you TeaChatters live?

US-NE
24
36%
US-SE
10
15%
US-MW
11
16%
US-W
8
12%
US-SW
7
10%
Alaska, Hawaii
0
No votes
Canada
2
3%
Central, South America
0
No votes
Europe
5
7%
Asia, Africa, Australia
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 67

Postby brianlavelle » Apr 29th, '08, 17:20

I'm from Glasgow in Scotland, although I'm living now in Edinburgh, on the other side of the country (a whole 40 miles away... :shock: )

I've just had an evening bowl of matcha and am about to have an early night, for once...
User avatar brianlavelle
Posts: 85
Joined: Feb 18, '08
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact brianlavelle:

Postby TimeforTea » Apr 29th, '08, 17:43

RussianSoul wrote:Our chameleon Wrigley just died this morning, I am very upset. She was a cutest baby lizard.


Sorry to hear about Wrigley, Russian Soul. I hope you found some comfort in drinking your tea.
User avatar TimeforTea
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 02, '08

Postby TimeforTea » Apr 29th, '08, 17:47

xine wrote:
Teasweetie wrote:The one great thing about NJ/NY...the BEST pizza and bagels in the USA!!

.


this is very true. live in central NJ (hint there is an ivy league university 20 minutes away from me). i had a bagel once in va and almost died, it was baaad. but at heart, i am a northern jersey girl- not so much bridge/tunnel-like tho. :P


Princeton is a beautiful area of NJ, Xine!!

Bagels in Virginia--taste like lenders bagels from the grocery freezer section! :roll:

No offense to those in the midwest...but what is the deal with your cutting your pizza like a grid instead of a pie? How is one supposed to eat a "slice"? :shock:
User avatar TimeforTea
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 02, '08

Postby Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 17:53

I am having TKY a la adagio. I got a little carried away brewing with my gaiwan and have 3 out of the 4 steeps lined up waiting for me to drink. 8)
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Victoria » Apr 29th, '08, 18:00

Chip wrote:I am having TKY a la adagio. I got a little carried away brewing with my gaiwan and have 3 out of the 4 steeps lined up waiting for me to drink. 8)

Bring some over!!

Teasweetie wrote: No offense to those in the midwest...but what is the deal with your cutting your pizza like a grid instead of a pie? How is one supposed to eat a "slice"? :shock:


It seems to me Italians seem to cut it into pie slices, but Greeks tend to cut into a grid, like baklava. I love PIZZA no matter how you slice it!!

Going for my third steep of this amazing Jin Xuan oolong. (But saving room for TKY)
User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:

Postby Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 18:06

Victoria wrote:
Chip wrote:I am having TKY a la adagio. I got a little carried away brewing with my gaiwan and have 3 out of the 4 steeps lined up waiting for me to drink. 8)

Bring some over!!


Teasweetie wrote: No offense to those in the midwest...but what is the deal with your cutting your pizza like a grid instead of a pie? How is one supposed to eat a "slice"? :shock:


It seems to me Italians seem to cut it into pie slices, but Greeks tend to cut into a grid, like baklava. I love PIZZA no matter how you slice it!!

Going for my third steep of this amazing Jin Xuan oolong. (But saving room for TKY)


Ok, where is "over???"

OY, pizza!!! :wink:

Jin Xuan...now you are just showing off!!!
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Ron Gilmour » Apr 29th, '08, 18:12

For about the past year I've been happily living in upstate NY. Global warming seems to be mitigating the winters a bit. I grew up in NE Florida, down by omegapd and Salsero.

Right now I'm enjoying a very rare evening cup of Assam. That's usually my morning tea. Not sure what came over me.
User avatar Ron Gilmour
Posts: 172
Joined: Mar 01, '08
Location: Ithaca, NY
Contact Ron Gilmour:

Postby TimeforTea » Apr 29th, '08, 18:52

Victoria wrote:It seems to me Italians seem to cut it into pie slices, but Greeks tend to cut into a grid, like baklava. I love PIZZA no matter how you slice it!!


Very interesting fact! I never knew that!
Last edited by TimeforTea on Apr 29th, '08, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar TimeforTea
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 02, '08

Postby GalileosDaughter » Apr 29th, '08, 18:54

RussianSoul, so sorry about Wrigley!!!

Drinking Adagio's Kukicha.
User avatar GalileosDaughter
Posts: 92
Joined: Dec 28, '07
Location: US

location

Postby jim109 » Apr 29th, '08, 19:07

"For about the past year I've been happily living in upstate NY. Global warming seems to be mitigating the winters a bit. I grew up in NE Florida, down by omegapd and Salsero. "

I agree Ron , live in apple and dairy country south of Syracuse, been in this area for many years. This last winter was so mild! Yunnan Superior this AM How do you folks make those boxes around the quote? Thanks Jim
jim109
Posts: 84
Joined: Mar 16, '08

Postby tenuki » Apr 29th, '08, 19:14

born and raised on michigan farmland
corn and cows, tanned girls in pickups yeah
traveled the country looking for the beat of the heartland
found rock and roll and postmodern funk instead
landed on the space needle with the other aliens
and i'm not looking back, not looking back

whoever thinks japanese greens are better than chinese isn't drinking this. :D
Last edited by tenuki on Apr 29th, '08, 19:26, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby Victoria » Apr 29th, '08, 19:22

tenuki wrote: ... whoever thinks japanese greens are better than chinese isn't drinking this. :D


This being????
User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:

Postby tenuki » Apr 29th, '08, 19:23

Victoria wrote:
tenuki wrote: ... whoever thinks japanese greens are better than chinese isn't drinking this. :D


This being????


I dunno.
User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Re: location

Postby Chip » Apr 29th, '08, 20:11

jim109 wrote:"For about the past year I've been happily living in upstate NY. Global warming seems to be mitigating the winters a bit. I grew up in NE Florida, down by omegapd and Salsero. "

I agree Ron , live in apple and dairy country south of Syracuse, been in this area for many years. This last winter was so mild! Yunnan Superior this AM How do you folks make those boxes around the quote? Thanks Jim


Jim, at the post you want to quote, in the upper right is a Quote icon to click onto. The entire quote quote will go into a new post window for you to respond to. You can delete as much of the quote as you want as long as you leave the [brackets].

Sakura Sencha to likely finish off my TeaDay.

Trivia of the day. TeaDay is within 5 posts of surpassing Teawares as the top posted forum on TeaChat. :!:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: location

Postby Terrasi » Apr 29th, '08, 21:30

Chip wrote:
Trivia of the day. TeaDay is within 5 posts of surpassing Teawares as the top posted forum on TeaChat. :!:


I'm surprised that's only happening now. This topic gets like 45+ post a day doesn't it?

Maybe I should go post in teawares, keep it a competition.
User avatar Terrasi
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 10, '08
Location: N. Colorado
Contact Terrasi:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest