Saturday's TeaDay 5/03/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

ThinkingOutLoud accidently gave me this one. Do you change your teas with the seasons?

Yes, my tea tastes do change with the seasons.
16
36%
No, my tea tastes do not change with the seasons.
24
53%
Other
5
11%
 
Total votes: 45

Postby Chip » May 3rd, '08, 15:25

RussianSoul wrote:Guys, this is Adagio's resources - server space and bandwidth. I am just sayin'...

Nice picture at any rate.


True...and true...we should stop at 20 copies!!! :wink:

Is it just me, doesn't it look like a watercolor painting. Or do I need glasses!?

Mail is here...*crosses fingers*
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Salsero » May 3rd, '08, 15:46

Chip wrote:Mail is here...*crosses fingers*
Drat, nothing again today!
User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby tenuki » May 3rd, '08, 16:06

Chip wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:Guys, this is Adagio's resources - server space and bandwidth. I am just sayin'...

Nice picture at any rate.


True...and true...we should stop at 20 copies!!! :wink:

Is it just me, doesn't it look like a watercolor painting. Or do I need glasses!?

Mail is here...*crosses fingers*


browsers cache.... besides, the image is coming from photobucket...


ImageImage

;P
User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby Chip » May 3rd, '08, 16:22

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote:Mail is here...*crosses fingers*
Drat, nothing again today!


Double drat...nothing here today but a junk mail from Direct TV.
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Chip » May 3rd, '08, 16:23

tenuki wrote:
Chip wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:Guys, this is Adagio's resources - server space and bandwidth. I am just sayin'...

Nice picture at any rate.


True...and true...we should stop at 20 copies!!! :wink:

Is it just me, doesn't it look like a watercolor painting. Or do I need glasses!?

Mail is here...*crosses fingers*


browsers cache.... besides, the image is coming from photobucket...

OK...no limits...in fact, each post must as a requirement have this pic in it. I have spoken. :lol:


ImageImage

;P
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby omegapd » May 3rd, '08, 16:30

Thanks. I love living out in the sticks and being on Dial-up.

EW
User avatar omegapd
Posts: 925
Joined: Feb 06, '08
Location: enjoying a cup of Red Rose down in GA

Postby tenuki » May 3rd, '08, 16:51

omegapd wrote:Thanks. I love living out in the sticks and being on Dial-up.

EW


Yer internet is broken, get new internet.
User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby Salsero » May 3rd, '08, 16:53

Russiansoul, I am doing your (or Chip's) gyo/sencha cocktail this afternoon. It doesn't taste like either component, but rather like something new. Thanks for throwing the idea in my path yesterday. I know Chip has mentioned it a million times, but it finally clicked in my dim brain yesterday. :D
User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby RussianSoul » May 3rd, '08, 17:44

Good for you, Salsero! It is tasty, isn't it?
User avatar RussianSoul
Posts: 486
Joined: Feb 10, '08

Postby Chip » May 3rd, '08, 17:52

Salsero wrote:Russiansoul, I am doing your (or Chip's) gyo/sencha cocktail this afternoon. It doesn't taste like either component, but rather like something new. Thanks for throwing the idea in my path yesterday. I know Chip has mentioned it a million times, but it finally clicked in my dim brain yesterday. :D


LOL...nobody really listens to me anymore, except RS apparently. :wink:

From now on my posts will simply read, "sencha yadda yadda yadda..." With the occasional, "blah blah blah shincha blah blah blah!"

:lol:

Oh, I just had Cui yu oolong yadda yadda yadda....
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Salsero » May 3rd, '08, 18:18

Chip wrote:...nobody really listens to me anymore ...
From now on my posts will simply read, "sencha yadda yadda yadda..."
Now Chip you know we hang on every word, it's just too much wisdom in one place to absorb all at once.

Almost every Japanese and some Chinese greens I learned how to brew from you and my tea notes are full of quotations from you. (Hush money accepted via Paypal)


BTW, condolences on Ed receiving priority treatment from Geisha Kevin. Maybe yours will come in tomorrow's mail.
User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby Salsero » May 3rd, '08, 18:24

Oh, tomorrow is Sunday. What am I thinking! Sorry Bubba.
User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby Katrina » May 3rd, '08, 19:04

My preferences change day to day so I don't think I have enough continuity to recognize any seasonal connection. (Boy that was a lot of words to say "no.")

Dragonwell today. Comparing a few different companies so I'm on cup number 3... And this morning I had a chocolate coconut chai at a local cafe. Life is good.
User avatar Katrina
Posts: 271
Joined: Oct 18, '07
Location: Massachusetts
Contact Katrina:

Postby Beanbean » May 3rd, '08, 19:18

No, my tea taste doesn't change with the seasons. I am a black tea drinker in the morning and evening and when I have time during the day I experiment with oolongs and greens. I drink hot tea year round too. I like iced tea (black and unsweetened) but I don't often make it at home.

This morning I had Grace Assam tea and right now I am sampling Adagio Jasmine. Quite lovely. :)
User avatar Beanbean
Posts: 120
Joined: Mar 28, '08
Location: Colorado

Postby daughteroftheKing » May 3rd, '08, 20:15

The seasons do bring some change in my tea drinking. Most teas carry through, but usually the Chai and Monk's Blend and such will sit in the back of the tea cabinet from now until colder weather returns ...which isn't that much of the year considering that we received a couple inches of snow this past Thursday!
I've found that in the warmer weather, I stay to lighter oolongs, whites and greens.

Today started with Blossoms of Spring, a blend of green tea and various flowers. But this afternoon was a highlight tea day: a friend had a tea-tasting. There were Margaret's Hope (a 2nd flush Darjeeling), Black with Peach & Ginger on ice, Eight Treasures (a green with 7 other lovely elements), and White Peach. Oh, and a Chocolate Mint made into a smoothie with yogurt.

I don't think I could have found a better way to spend my Saturday afternoon! :)
User avatar daughteroftheKing
Posts: 399
Joined: Mar 16, '06
Location: Colorado


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest