Seis de Mayo, 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What is your 2008 harvest order status?

What 2008 harvest order? : O
26%
I have preordered/ordered new harvest tea but still await delivery : (
14%
I have begun to receive my new harvest teas : P
33%
Other : /
28%

Total votes: 43

May 6th, '08, 21:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 6th, '08, 21:43

RussianSoul wrote:Am I the only one who still waits for her spring tea? Ah, no. There are five of us according to the poll. It sure feels lonely :( ... I ordered 3 shincha's from o-Cha and and several 2008 green teas from TeaSpring. And I am thinking about spring Darjeeling's.

I am drinking Rishi's Silver Needle. I like it better than Adagio's Silver Needle. Oops, did I say it out loud? So sorry! But it tastes fuller, rounder and sweeter somehow.
Since I received sooo much encouragement yesterday, I feel I should do the right thing and help you out...at least one package will reach you tomorrow. Mark it down 8)

So, prepare to drink the freshest tea of the year.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 6th, '08, 21:54

by Victoria » May 6th, '08, 21:54

Space Samurai wrote:There was tea. I drank some.

but...

Today has been the most awesome day this year!
Care to elaborate?

May 6th, '08, 21:55

by Chip » May 6th, '08, 21:55

Looks like it will be a great shincha.

May 6th, '08, 22:01

by Space Samurai » May 6th, '08, 22:01

Okay, my last post was vague, and there were some questions, so let me explain.

The awesomness of the day is found in the new avater, but there's no reason that should make sense.

Short version: these were very, very important to me, they were lost for some time, and I found them today.

It was a rather timely discovery. My dad died seven years ago this month. I was in Basic Training when it happened. For whatever reason, I had given it no thought, I smuggled my tags out in my shoes when I flew home for the funeral (as a trainee, everything is still property of the US).

My dad was an army grunt; when he was burried no dress uniform for him; BDU's were good enough, that's what he always said. "If they're good enough to die in, they're good enough to be burried in." I put one of my tags in his breast pocket, and burried him with it. Then I flew back.

What happened after that is another story.

When I finally got out of the army and back home, I found his tags, took one, and with the one I had left, they made a pair.

So finding them was nice.

May 6th, '08, 22:03

by augie » May 6th, '08, 22:03

Spring harvest order is on my "to do list". I am up to my elbows in a very generous Pu Ehr sample fest!
Salsero wrote: Image
augie, at your request (henley, avert your eyes), I have included myself in this photo, naked as a Jay bird. I am the one behind the 45 ml/1.5 oz teapot. If you are wondering how such a steaming hunk of man can fit behind such a tiny teapot, I have just one word for you: Photoshop.
You are a true gentleman, Salsero. And very talented at Photoshop as well -- it's very tasteful. I even recognized the crew. I knew Pika and Charzard but needed help with Charmelion. Thanks for the little blast from my past! We still have pikachu slippers and a lunchbox somewhere around the house.

Where did you get that blue background? Seriously. My kid is looking for green screen and that looks perfect. Please don't say it's a beach towel. . . .

May 6th, '08, 22:08

by GalileosDaughter » May 6th, '08, 22:08

Glad you found them, Space. They are beautiful.

May 6th, '08, 22:22

by chamekke » May 6th, '08, 22:22

Space Samurai wrote:Image

Short version: these were very, very important to me, they were lost for some time, and I found them today.

It was a rather timely discovery. My dad died seven years ago this month. I was in Basic Training when it happened. For whatever reason, I had given it no thought, I smuggled my tags out in my shoes when I flew home for the funeral (as a trainee, everything is still property of the US).

My dad was an army grunt; when he was burried no dress uniform for him; BDU's were good enough, that's what he always said. "If they're good enough to die in, they're good enough to be burried in." I put one of my tags in his breast pocket, and burried him with it. Then I flew back.

What happened after that is another story.

When I finally got out of the army and back home, I found his tags, took one, and with the one I had left, they made a pair.

So finding them was nice.
That's a wonderful story, Space. I'm glad you found those tags - they are irreplaceable!
Last edited by chamekke on May 6th, '08, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

May 6th, '08, 22:26

by Victoria » May 6th, '08, 22:26

Thanks for sharing that with us Space, very touching story.
I'm glad you found them.
Nice photo.
V.

May 6th, '08, 22:28

by RussianSoul » May 6th, '08, 22:28

Touching story, Space! Thank you for sharing.

May 6th, '08, 23:05

by witches brew » May 6th, '08, 23:05

Shincha is on my doorstep but I am not home to take it in!

The only comsolstion is that I have a Moroccan teapot, tray and tea glasses in my bag! W00t!

Now, just to get home and catch up on sleep...

Today has been tealess since breakfast when I had the last of my rooibos.

May 6th, '08, 23:25

by Katrina » May 6th, '08, 23:25

I was all ready to congratulate Chip on his Shincha delivery and then I read Space's story. Sorry, but finding those tags is WAY more exciting. I'm happy for you.

Found a new tea shop today which is always fun. I was going to pick up a couple of things for the kids and noticed this new place a few doors down. Hooray.

Caramel oolong today. Pretty decent.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 6th, '08, 23:38

by Chip » May 6th, '08, 23:38

Katrina wrote:I was all ready to congratulate Chip on his Shincha delivery and then I read Space's story. Sorry, but finding those tags is WAY more exciting. I'm happy for you.
But, but, but...yeah...you are right of course.

Glad you found them Space, but I have a feeling the rest of the story when you returned with one tag was not a highlight moment of your military career???
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 6th, '08, 23:47

by witches brew » May 6th, '08, 23:47

Space, that's a very touching memory. Thanks for sharing.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

May 6th, '08, 23:56

by henley » May 6th, '08, 23:56

Space, Thanx for sharing such a great story. The pic makes a cool avatar, especially w/the note from Dad in the background.

May 7th, '08, 00:03

by devites » May 7th, '08, 00:03

Shincha today. It was oh so good. I reviewed it in the green tea section and posted a pic.