Siete de Mayo, 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

OOLONG, seems most TeaChatters have dabbled in oolong. "Name" your oolong style?

"Greenlong," lightly oxidized
40%
"Pu-long," earthy, woody
8%
"Blacklong," highly oxidized and/or fired, sometimes fruity/peachy
26%
"Pomlong," flavors are your thing
4%
Other or none
22%

Total votes: 50

May 7th, '08, 16:11

by tenuki » May 7th, '08, 16:11

chamekke wrote:
Salsero wrote:Rudbeckia from the front yard and Dong Ding from Taiwan. I love the look of tea in glass. Image
Sal, I agree - your photographs are phemonenal, and I only wish they were gathered into one place for our continued enjoyment! The quality is just stunning.
Agreed.
Last edited by tenuki on May 7th, '08, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

May 7th, '08, 16:12

by olivierco » May 7th, '08, 16:12

2008 Darjeeling Phuguri "AV2" FTGFOP1 to end the day.

May 7th, '08, 16:22

by Eastree » May 7th, '08, 16:22

(unintentionally) aged monkey picked TGY for me tonight. It's quite good.

May 7th, '08, 16:23

by Pentox » May 7th, '08, 16:23

I'm still wandering my way through the vast woods of Oolong. So far I guess i'm the blackoolong kinda guy.

So far some darjeeling first flush blend in the cup today.

May 7th, '08, 17:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 7th, '08, 17:01

auggy wrote:Not having a great week this week so I just didn't feel like making tea this morning, even though I had some coconut out. Had some dragonwell last night and it just didn't taste right. More my current mood than a problem with the tea, though. Kind of thinking it will be that way tonight, too. But I have some tea that should arrive today so hopefully that'll encourage me some.
I know the feeling...not even feeling like brewing tea...you know you are feeling blue when that happens. That was my last week.

I hope you are able to share a cup with us and have it brighten your day.
Last edited by Chip on May 7th, '08, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

May 7th, '08, 17:05

by Chip » May 7th, '08, 17:05

RussianSoul wrote: Never tried anything PuLong. What is it anyway?
The names were made up by some nut... :wink: Just a way to thing of different styles of oolong. Pu-Long is simply oolong that shares some kind of character with pu-erh. Some oolongs are kinda woody, earthy.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 7th, '08, 17:11

by RussianSoul » May 7th, '08, 17:11

Chip wrote: The names were made up by some nut... :wink:
Yea, I got that part. I was kinda joking myself :D

I am still curious what kind of oolong would have woody, earthy taste.

May 7th, '08, 17:23

by Chip » May 7th, '08, 17:23

chamekke wrote:
jogrebe wrote:
Salsero wrote:Rudbeckia from the front yard and Dong Ding from Taiwan. I love the look of tea in glass. Image
Your tea photography is very impressive Salsero. Have you considered doing something like starting a tea of the day photo blog or even publishing a "coffee table" tea photography book? I see both of those having the potential of being very popular if you were do to so. As honestly at times looking for your photo of the day has been the main reason why I've bothered to check out teachat on some days.
Sal, I agree - your photographs are phemonenal, and I only wish they were gathered into one place for our continued enjoyment! The quality is just stunning.
That is one extremely well composed photo!!! It is soooo inviting.

The suggestion was made some time ago to have a special forum for tea pics. I am considering the suggestion. There are talented photographers in our midst.

I do however also like to see them shared for instance in TeaDay or even another relevent TeaChat forum. Here, they brighten our TeaDay discussions and have been a great addition to our sharing the cup. I would like to see that continue...or even increase. TeaDay is about sharing...not just what is in your cup.

Perhaps a collection of Pics nominated and placed FROM TeaChat...another words, the nominated pic must appear in a TeaChat topic and be nominated for placement in our TeaChat collection of memorable photos??? A moderator would place the nominated photo into the collection topic that remains locked. The photographer could share something about the photo as well.

Hmmm, perhaps even select award winners. Any thoughts? I am seriously loving the idea!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 7th, '08, 17:49

by Victoria » May 7th, '08, 17:49

Chip wrote: Perhaps a collection of Pics nominated and placed FROM TeaChat...another words, the nominated pic must appear in a TeaChat topic and be nominated for placement in our TeaChat collection of memorable photos??? A moderator would place the nominated photo into the collection topic that remains locked. The photographer could share something about the photo as well.

Hmmm, perhaps even select award winners. Any thoughts? I am seriously loving the idea!
Great Idea Chip!! Loving it too!

May 7th, '08, 18:06

by Ron Gilmour » May 7th, '08, 18:06

I find oolongs a little confusing. I've had many oolongs that I really like, in both light and dark styles. I've also had many oolongs that left me cold. My current favorites are Li Shan Oolong from Tao of Tea (greenish) and Oolong #40 from Adagio (blackish). So at this point I don't really have a favorite style. Ask me again in a year or so.

Currently relaxing with some 2003 Dayi Yiwu Arbor Pu-erh from puerhshop. This is without doubt the best pu-erh I've tasted so far. Smoky, sweet, camphory...very complex. Wish I could have afforded more than a sample.

May 7th, '08, 18:07

by Salsero » May 7th, '08, 18:07

henley wrote:BTW, hubby was watching CNN Headline News at lunch today & one of the stories was on a naked man that fell out of a tree. Are you okay, Sal?
The injuries were minor, but I'd rather not say where. Kiss to make it better also not required... this time.

And, henley, we DO know how wicked you are! The stories have spread throughout TeaChatdom. You must have missed the that thread.

The photos are gathered together in my Photobucket account. You can follow them backwards by right clicking on the photo, selecting Properties and copying the url for the link. The files are small, probably not good for a large print, but you can stare blankly at them as long as you want! You can probably even download them.

May 7th, '08, 18:19

by Katrina » May 7th, '08, 18:19

I think I love all things oolong. I haven't tried much on the flavored side - just a caramel and an orange blossom. The orange blossom was amazing. The caramel, tasty, but seemed a waste of a good oolong. :)

Today a Coco Truffle tisane so far.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 7th, '08, 19:12

by bi lew chun » May 7th, '08, 19:12

In honor of today's TeaDay, I'm drinking tie guan yin. Mmm, taste the lilac.

May 7th, '08, 19:16

by chamekke » May 7th, '08, 19:16

Chip wrote:Perhaps a collection of Pics nominated and placed FROM TeaChat...another words, the nominated pic must appear in a TeaChat topic and be nominated for placement in our TeaChat collection of memorable photos??? A moderator would place the nominated photo into the collection topic that remains locked. The photographer could share something about the photo as well.

Yes yes yes yes YESSSSS!!!

(I vote Yes.)

:wink:

Chip, I think you've found the perfect solution.

May 7th, '08, 19:30

by Salsero » May 7th, '08, 19:30

bi lew chun wrote:In honor of today's TeaDay, I'm drinking tie guan yin. Mmm, taste the lilac.
Wow, I love that taste analogy, Bi Lew Chun! Thanks for making it so vivid.