"Ocha" de Mayo,2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yeah Spring asked, "As the weather gets warmer and warmer, do you drink more or less tea?"

More, but mostly iced tea
5
9%
More, green tea can be very cooling
1
2%
Same, the weather doesn't affect my tea drinking habits
40
71%
Less, it's just too dang hot to drink tea
4
7%
Other
6
11%
 
Total votes: 56

Postby henley » May 8th, '08, 18:49

Wow! A big THANX to whomever first posted about the orange blossom oolong! :D Got my shipment this afternoon & it's very tasty. Almost reminds me of a wassail. I can see this being good as iced tea, too.

It's been a busy afternoon & I need a break from reality. May go watch Mr & Mrs Smith. 8) :wink:
User avatar henley
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28, '07
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby RussianSoul » May 8th, '08, 18:55

I don't know if I drink more or less tea in summer. Me and my loose tea samples did not have a chance to have a summer together yet . I would guess it will be the same amount of tea. Some of it will probably be chilled or cooled to room temperature (not iced - I don't like iced tea).

I just came back from visiting with friends at TeaGschwendner. I am nicely buzzing with caffeine since we finished a liter pot of Assam Mangalam. It was excellent, and I bought 2 oz of leaf to take home. I exercised great restrain and did not buy any teaware.

Another beautiful image, Sal! And I disagree with tenuki - real men wear pink!

Image

Very butch!
User avatar RussianSoul
Posts: 486
Joined: Feb 10, '08

Postby Victoria » May 8th, '08, 18:55

henley wrote:Wow! A big THANX to whomever first posted about the orange blossom oolong! :D Got my shipment this afternoon & it's very tasty.


That would be moi - the oolong queen! LOL
This is really the only flavored oolong I like.
Contrary to popular belief! Ha!
User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:

Postby tenuki » May 8th, '08, 19:06

RussianSoul wrote:Another beautiful image, Sal! And I disagree with tenuki - real men wear pink!


I learned early on to never listen to a woman telling me what a man was supposed to be like. I'm pretty sure I know better... ;P
User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby Salsero » May 8th, '08, 19:12

RussianSoul wrote:- real men wear pink!
Well, I think Tenuki and I can pretty much agree against that absurd idea! I plan on proving my bona fides tomorrow. Turns out I slipped up today. Have had much feedback calling certain attributes into question.

Do you live in Chicago? I know there's a TeaGschwendner there. What's the one you went to like? I have been curious. Sounds like the Mangalam was good. And how do they pronounce TeaGschwendner?
User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby henley » May 8th, '08, 19:16

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Wow! A big THANX to whomever first posted about the orange blossom oolong! :D Got my shipment this afternoon & it's very tasty.


That would be moi - the oolong queen! LOL
This is really the only flavored oolong I like.
Contrary to popular belief! Ha!

Well, come over sometime & we'll share some while drinking out of fabulous teaware! :wink:
User avatar henley
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28, '07
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby ThinkingOutLoud » May 8th, '08, 19:32

henley wrote:Wow! A big THANX to whomever first posted about the orange blossom oolong! :D Got my shipment this afternoon & it's very tasty. Almost reminds me of a wassail. I can see this being good as iced tea, too.


I know I'm late to the party on this one, but what's the source? It sounds right up my alley.
User avatar ThinkingOutLoud
Posts: 160
Joined: Apr 08, '08
Location: Maryland

Postby henley » May 8th, '08, 19:35

TOL, it's New Mexico Tea Co www.nmteaco.com & they've got a special on free shipping w/first order. I'll send you some w/the others this weekend. :wink:
User avatar henley
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28, '07
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby RussianSoul » May 8th, '08, 19:37

tenuki wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:Another beautiful image, Sal! And I disagree with tenuki - real men wear pink!


I learned early on to never listen to a woman telling me what a man was supposed to be like. I'm pretty sure I know better... ;P


{smiles knowingly and does not say anything}
User avatar RussianSoul
Posts: 486
Joined: Feb 10, '08

Postby Salsero » May 8th, '08, 19:47

RussianSoul wrote:{smiles knowingly and does not say anything}
I just hate that! Image
User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby RussianSoul » May 8th, '08, 19:50

Salsero wrote:Do you live in Chicago? I know there's a TeaGschwendner there. What's the one you went to like? I have been curious. Sounds like the Mangalam was good. And how do they pronounce TeaGschwendner?


Yes, I am in Chicago. We have two TeaGschwendner's here. The one in the city doesn't have a bistro, and another one in suburbs does. Their chocolate banana bread pudding topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce is ... what is the word I am looking for ... ah - decadent. Yes, very decadent!

I like both places, they carry about 200 teas. I tried several and learned that their Tea Book (the catalog, tea descriptions and ratings) is to be trusted. If the TeaBook rates a tea above 80 in quality I will like it. The German precision, you know!

Gschwendner /gɜʃ'vendner/ [gesh-vendner]. It took me a while to say it correctly. My husband, who speaks fluent German, had to help me.
User avatar RussianSoul
Posts: 486
Joined: Feb 10, '08

Postby Chip » May 8th, '08, 20:00

henley wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Wow! A big THANX to whomever first posted about the orange blossom oolong! :D Got my shipment this afternoon & it's very tasty.


That would be moi - the oolong queen! LOL
This is really the only flavored oolong I like.
Contrary to popular belief! Ha!

Well, come over sometime & we'll share some while drinking out of fabulous teaware! :wink:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22794
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Chip » May 8th, '08, 20:01

RussianSoul wrote:
Salsero wrote:Do you live in Chicago? I know there's a TeaGschwendner there. What's the one you went to like? I have been curious. Sounds like the Mangalam was good. And how do they pronounce TeaGschwendner?


Yes, I am in Chicago. We have two TeaGschwendner's here. The one in the city doesn't have a bistro, and another one in suburbs does. Their chocolate banana bread pudding topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce is ... what is the word I am looking for ... ah - decadent. Yes, very decadent!

I like both places, they carry about 200 teas. I tried several and learned that their Tea Book (the catalog, tea descriptions and ratings) is to be trusted. If the TeaBook rates a tea above 80 in quality I will like it. The German precision, you know!


They are a big company!!!
My brother lives there...gives me more reason to visit!!!
Last edited by Chip on May 8th, '08, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22794
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby henley » May 8th, '08, 20:09

RussianSoul wrote: Yes, I am in Chicago.

Hubby & I were there last September on business. It's a beautiful city & we plan on going back. I've got one of the pics of the skyline as the wallpaper on my computer. We did a boat ride out of Navy Pier & I got some fabulous shots.

If you ever go to Charlie's Char House in Elk Grove Village, could you send me some of their BBQ sauce? :wink:
User avatar henley
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28, '07
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby Victoria » May 8th, '08, 20:10

Chip wrote:
henley wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Wow! A big THANX to whomever first posted about the orange blossom oolong! :D Got my shipment this afternoon & it's very tasty.


That would be moi - the oolong queen! LOL
This is really the only flavored oolong I like.
Contrary to popular belief! Ha!

Well, come over sometime & we'll share some while drinking out of fabulous teaware! :wink:
User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest