Nueve de Mayo, Viernes!!! 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Let's get frivolous and learn a little something about each other. Chamekke asks, "What is the origin or significance of your username on TeaChat?"

My name (or part of it) in real life
31%
A nickname of mine
11%
A reference to tea
11%
A personal joke
5%
Just a way of hiding my identity {eyes dart from side to side}
11%
Other
30%

Total votes: 61

May 9th, '08, 17:09

by tenuki » May 9th, '08, 17:09

insanitylater wrote:serenity now. insanity later
I always took this to mean 'First I'm gonna watch a Firefly episode, then the latest Dexter. You mean I was wrong?
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 9th, '08, 17:35

by tenuki » May 9th, '08, 17:35

WikiPedia wrote:Tenuki (手抜き?) is a Japanese go term, commonly used in the West. It describes the idea of ignoring an opponent's move. More precisely, it refers to a play breaking off a local sequence, in order to play in some other part of the board. This can be entirely orthodox; as applied, tenuki may have the implication of a kind of gambit, in which some local loss in the future is accepted in order to make a transition into a more favourable overall development.
Sun Tzu wrote:Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
George Clinton wrote:Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
Morihei Ueshiba (founder of Aikido) wrote:Failure is the key to sucess; each mistake teaches us something.
Fluid, focused, sometimes clumsy. I asipire, I fail. I need constant reminders. Hence my username is a reminder to me of how I want to be. :)

May 9th, '08, 18:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 9th, '08, 18:08

auggy wrote:
Katrina wrote:
Walter Marsby wrote:Chip is such a hard azzzzz....he should lighten up!
Careful, Walter, or Chip might ban you for using foul language.

But I definitely know what you mean. No sense of humor at all, that one.

:roll:
*snort*

This all just tickles me to no end. :lol:
HAH...the joke is on him...I pyrated his account and his Mod functions...
I will ban the foool!!! :idea:

Shincha Hatsumi, this is soooo different from last year's it is hard to believe it is the "same sencha."

I tried it a little more fukamushi style brewing today and sorta failed. I will go back to yesterday's successful attempt. Cool, long brew with less leaf. That was really good.

Brewing this is like trying to break into a bank vault, pretty hard to do, yet as yesterday showed me, there is an awaiting treasure within! :!:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 9th, '08, 18:21

by jogrebe » May 9th, '08, 18:21

My username dates back to my college email which was my first email account. To make it easy to figure out others email everybody got the first two letters of their first name and their last name as their email address which I've stuck to with a few blog exceptions for all of my logins ever since. So being named "John Grebe" my main login has been "jogrebe" to keep things simple.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

May 9th, '08, 18:24

by Victoria » May 9th, '08, 18:24

My afternoon tea ia a nice Korean oolong. It's pretty hard to find Korean tea that is not ginseng, if you have ever looked. So I was surprised to find this one and even more surprised how good it actually is. Very dark roasted with pieces of woody stems included, I didn't choose to inspect it any closer than that.

The brew is clear and vibrant, the color a deep amber. It is sweetly honeyed and smooth with low astringency. Nice after taste that lingers, overall it's a very nice oolong.

May 9th, '08, 18:39

by augie » May 9th, '08, 18:39

Salsero wrote:Image
:wink: DUDE!

May 9th, '08, 19:46

by chamekke » May 9th, '08, 19:46

Walter Marsby wrote:HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEASWEETIE!!!

Nickname! I am a pretentiously name "3rd." My given name is Walter...only one person on the planet can call me that. My parents had to call me something besides my father's name, and I think even they had probems calling a cute baby Walter. Fortunately for me, they did not start calling me by my middle name, Marsby, or I would surely need therapy.

So, I was a Chip off the old block. I use this on other forums as well when it is available.
But suddenly - your ID block says that you're going by Walter Marsby!

Are you now Walter "permanently" ... or are you Walter-for-the-day?

Or should we still call you Chip?

Or Chipwalter?

{ponders the possibilities}

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

May 9th, '08, 19:56

by chamekke » May 9th, '08, 19:56

augie wrote:
Salsero wrote:Image
:wink: DUDE!
Another gorgeous photo from Salsero. Thanks!

By the way - those are definitely the manliest roses I've ever seen. And the saucer? Muy macho.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

May 9th, '08, 20:46

by henley » May 9th, '08, 20:46

Walter Marsby wrote: WOOOHOOO!!! TeaParteee in Chicago!!!
Let's go! :D

May 9th, '08, 21:58

by Chip » May 9th, '08, 21:58

chamekke wrote:
Walter Marsby wrote:HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEASWEETIE!!!

Nickname! I am a pretentiously name "3rd." My given name is Walter...only one person on the planet can call me that. My parents had to call me something besides my father's name, and I think even they had probems calling a cute baby Walter. Fortunately for me, they did not start calling me by my middle name, Marsby, or I would surely need therapy.

So, I was a Chip off the old block. I use this on other forums as well when it is available.
But suddenly - your ID block says that you're going by Walter Marsby!

Are you now Walter "permanently" ... or are you Walter-for-the-day?

Or should we still call you Chip?

Or Chipwalter?

{ponders the possibilities}
Chip had been...assimilated. the name Walter Marsby was created as a name you could relate to...I am really 455 of 1,423.

Sakura Sencha despite the long fading of the cherry blossoms...this tea has not faded.
Last edited by Chip on May 10th, '08, 00:32, edited 2 times in total.

May 9th, '08, 22:08

by Terrasi » May 9th, '08, 22:08

455 of 1,423 wrote:

Chip had been...assimilated. the name Walter Marsby was created as a name you could relate to...I am really 455 of 1,423.

Sakura Sencha despite the long fading of the cherry blossoms...this tea has not faded.
I don't think borg designations go that high. Like 6 of 12 or 7 of 9. Probably something to do with subdivisions.

May 9th, '08, 22:09

by henley » May 9th, '08, 22:09

455 of 1,423 wrote: Chip had been...assimilated. the name Walter Marsby was created as a name you could relate to...I am really 455 of 1,423.
So which way did you sort the member list to get that you're #455 :?:

May 9th, '08, 22:14

by Terrasi » May 9th, '08, 22:14

Teachat is a borg collective? My mind is blown.

May 9th, '08, 23:57

by chamekke » May 9th, '08, 23:57

Terrasi wrote:
455 of 1,423 wrote: Chip had been...assimilated. the name Walter Marsby was created as a name you could relate to...I am really 455 of 1,423.

I don't think borg designations go that high. Like 6 of 12 or 7 of 9. Probably something to do with subdivisions.
"One for all and all for me, and me for you, and three for five, and six for a quarter." - Groucho Marx

May 10th, '08, 00:10

by Salsero » May 10th, '08, 00:10

chamekke wrote: - Groucho Marx
My mentor in all issues related to the fairer sex .... and to borgs.