Nueve de Mayo, Viernes!!! 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Let's get frivolous and learn a little something about each other. Chamekke asks, "What is the origin or significance of your username on TeaChat?"

My name (or part of it) in real life
31%
A nickname of mine
11%
A reference to tea
11%
A personal joke
5%
Just a way of hiding my identity {eyes dart from side to side}
11%
Other
30%

Total votes: 61

May 9th, '08, 12:27

by bambooforest » May 9th, '08, 12:27

May 9th, '08, 12:37

by jazz88 » May 9th, '08, 12:37

Happy Birthday, TeaSweetie! (My birthday is tomorrow)

I mostly use two usernames: jazz88 (a radio station in NYC) and spottedSkunk because it is a small, cute, relatively slender and playful animal.

Drinking Jasmine #12.

May 9th, '08, 12:44

by brianlavelle » May 9th, '08, 12:44

Like Ron and others, mine is my name. Saves me trying to remember all kinds of pseudonyms across various forums. That's assuming I remember my name. Most days I'm there... :shock:

Currently enjoying a wonderful session of Uji Shincha Kirameki.
Space Samurai wrote:I (pause for dramatic effect) have a date. The first one of my new separated/almost divorced life, which means its been years and years since I've had one of these.
Good luck Space! Hope it goes well. Will you be enjoying some tea on your date? :D

May 9th, '08, 12:56

by auggy » May 9th, '08, 12:56

Space Samurai wrote:I (pause for dramatic effect) have a date. The first one of my new separated/almost divorced life, which means its been years and years since I've had one of these.
Go Space! Good luck on the date. Any special plans?

Happy Bday, Teasweetie!

May 9th, '08, 13:19

by olivierco » May 9th, '08, 13:19

Happy Birthday Teasweetie.

Now some Ippodo Wakamatsu-no-mukashi Matcha (Koicha) I managed to obtain a nice texture (like "crème anglaise" or paint), perhaps a little too concentrated, but it didn't affect the taste anyway.
My 20g tin is almost finished, the only drawback of koicha. Hopefully, I have some other matcha in my fridge.

May 9th, '08, 13:35

by olivierco » May 9th, '08, 13:35

Selaphiel wrote:
Today I started with two of the new 2008 Darjeeling First Flush teas I required.

Darjeeling Phuguri DJ14 S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1 and Darjeeling Risheehat DJ17 S.F.T.G.F.O.P.1.
Both very delicious teas. The Risheehat one is pretty heavy on the fruity aromas, a bit woody in the background. The Phuguri had a lot of cooked sweet vegetable aromas, but you also find plant and fruit aromas, pretty complex tea.
I bought both (and Puttabong) but have so far only tasted the Phuguri: very complex but without the hint of astringency I like in Darjeeling. How did you brew it?

May 9th, '08, 13:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 9th, '08, 13:44

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEASWEETIE!!!

Nickname! I am a pretentiously name "3rd." My given name is Walter...only one person on the planet can call me that. My parents had to call me something besides my father's name, and I think even they had probems calling a cute baby Walter. Fortunately for me, they did not start calling me by my middle name, Marsby, or I would surely need therapy.

So, I was a Chip off the old block. I use this on other forums as well when it is available.

Extremely fine cup of shincha Kirameki in my cup...and kyusu. Yeah SPRING!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 9th, '08, 13:52

by auggy » May 9th, '08, 13:52

Chip wrote:Nickname! I am a pretentiously name "3rd." My given name is Walter...only one person on the planet can call me that. My parents had to call me something besides my father's name, and I think even they had probems calling a cute baby Walter. Fortunately for me, they did not start calling me by my middle name, Marsby, or I would surely need therapy.
Walter Marsby, huh? Will you require therapy if someone were to start calling you that now? Not that I would ever do anything like that, Walter. Never. :wink:

May 9th, '08, 14:11

by chamekke » May 9th, '08, 14:11

It's a tea reference - indirectly.

chamekke is Japanese for playfulness. But if you break it out by the individual kanji, it actually translates as something like [tea - eye/eyes - spirit/mood/mind]: 茶目っ気

Since I appreciate playfulness, love practicing tea ceremony, and believe that it's important to keep a spirit of playfulness even in (or especially in) tea ceremony, this was the name for me!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

May 9th, '08, 14:36

by auggy » May 9th, '08, 14:36

Chamekke, hmm, I wonder where the tea/eye/feeling turned into playfulness.... maybe the caffeine in tea let to eyes that darted around a lot? Yeah, total reach. :oops:

Brought some chilled sencha (leftover from yesterdays hot sencha) to work so I'm sipping on that and trying to entertain myself. I have 3 hours of work to go and nothing to do. I'm so bored, even my Hockey News isn't entertaining enough....

May 9th, '08, 14:48

by RussianSoul » May 9th, '08, 14:48

Shincha is here!

May 9th, '08, 14:51

by Katrina » May 9th, '08, 14:51

I switched over to my given name after Chip thought I was some crazy spammer. :wink:

Happy birthday, Tea Sweetie, and good luck, Space. I hope you both have a great day.

A Darjeeling Oolong this morning. I've been holding off on more because I'm going to a tea tasting this afternoon.

May 9th, '08, 15:00

by brianlavelle » May 9th, '08, 15:00

RussianSoul wrote:Shincha is here!

On the whole, I think you could be a bit more positive about the arrival of Shincha, RS. I mean, some of us think it's quite a good thing...

:lol:

Hope you enjoy!

May 9th, '08, 15:05

by Chip » May 9th, '08, 15:05

RussianSoul wrote:Shincha is here!

WOOOHOOO!!! TeaParteee in Chicago!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 9th, '08, 15:06

by Chip » May 9th, '08, 15:06

Katrina wrote:I switched over to my given name after Chip thought I was some crazy spammer. :wink:

Happy birthday, Tea Sweetie, and good luck, Space. I hope you both have a great day.

A Darjeeling Oolong this morning. I've been holding off on more because I'm going to a tea tasting this afternoon.
Chip is such a hard azzzzz....he should lighten up!
Last edited by Chip on May 9th, '08, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.